BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, April 1, 2013

Pascha! He has Risen!!!

Oh what a joyous celebration the St. Basil's parish had yesterday!  Glory Be!!!
Divine liturgy started 1 hour earlier than normal and we began it with a procession and singing outside the church, as well as prayers outside the church, then we went inside to continue on.

Lots of singing, prayer, Bible reading & praising GOD!  Loved it.

Here are some pictures I was able to take.


Before Divine Liturgy started



                                    Proceeding to the front where the Bible & icon are


                                                                 Fr. Daniel praying


                    Fr. Daniel reading The Paschal Homily of St. John Chrysostom


                                                 Bro. James reading Scripture


                          Not sure what was going on, might be the lines for the Eucharist????


                                                 Front procession of the Eucharist


                                                          Fr. Daniel giving the homily 


                                                     Receiving the Blessed Eucharist


                                           The back of the procession line of the Eucharist


                                           Fr. Daniel giving the blessing (releasing us)


After the service there was a potluck and fellowship which was nice.

Robert and I left shortly after as we were tired and wanted to go home to rest.

Mom called.  It was so nice to talk to her.  I love her!  :)

For dinner, Robert and I went to this newly opened Korean restaurant in Arlington, TX.  It was  really, really GOOD!  We both had bulgogi (marinated shredded steak), rice and 5 side dishes which we split.

The rest of the evening was spent at home with one another.

It was a very rewarding day.  

Thank you Yeshua!

1 comments:

Jules said...

awesome! Glad you had a blessed Pascha! I can't wait until my Pascha! best time of the year!