Sometimes in the conservative Christian realm there are these lists of unseen 'rules' if you may call it that pretty much sum up how you should act, dress, think, do, what's sin, what's not sin, etc.
Stepping outside of that is 'worldly' and 'dangerous' to some. Many may even think you have forsaken God because you no longer are like them.
Well, I'm coming out. I've stayed hidden and stifled long enough thank you.
Hello everybody!
My name is Dawn, I just turned 31 in July and I love, love, love anything Harry Potter. I also love 80's music, Michael Jackson, Hello Kitty, body glitter, Wynonna, red hair dye, veganism, being a help meet, the Plain People, Yankee Candles, board games, traveling, colorful knee-hi socks, going to fairs / theme parks, driving around just to get lost, Thomas Kinkade, mexican food, meeting new people, helping others, positive thinking, wearing my hair down when the mood strikes, exercising, and the list continues.
I no longer care if I don't meet the expectations of others. I want to be me. Not what everyone else expects me to be. I am free to be me. :-D
Loving my life,
Dawn

7 comments:
I LOVE YOU SIS...He knew us in the womb..he knitted us together, he created us, he knows what he's doing, were all different, thats the beauty...but we all have him in common...I love capri stretchies, pomeraniums,natural looking make-up, bright nail polish on my toes, music with some beat, i like 80's music to sis..lol...amish life, sporty clothes like oversized shirts and stretch capris, country concerts, I sneak snack into the movies to..lol...but most of all I LOVE GOD/YHWH AND JESUS/YESHUA AND MY FAMILY AND ALL BELIEVERS NO MATTER IF THEY GO TO CHURCH OR NOT OR WHAT CHURCH THEY GO TO AND I LOVE ALOT OF UNBELIEVERS TO, and I love you sis Dawn, the real you.
Dawn, welcome to life! When I went back to who I really was, I felt so FREE!! A series of events in my life showed me how short life really is, and I wasn't living it how I wanted, so I changed it. I'm doing what makes me happy and although I have much more to accomplish, I will never do anything to chain myself down again!
You and I would get along great! I'm not crazy about Michael Jackson,or Hello Kitty, but, pretty much everything else is good. And I usually don't get along with people who are Leo's!( hence a divorce).
Just be who you are as long as it fits into Gods word. That is my line of thinking anyway. I guess I'm still trying to figure out who I am and making sure it fits in Gods word along the way.
Love ya sis!
Dawn I have always loved you *as is*. I think it's helpful to be aware of the difference in seeking God and seeking acceptance. We all want to be a part of something...we all want friends, family, & fellowship. I would rather you *be* as you genuinely are than to portray yourself as you think others wish you to be. Noone's going to hell over red hair dye.
(((hugs)))
Post a Comment