Just where have I been? If you keep reading, I am doing a quick recap of each month for you.
Am I coming back to blogging? Maybe, I don't know. My love / hate relationship with the computer comes and goes in spurts. So if I don't post again for several months, just know I am having downtime from computerland.
Shall we begin then? =)
*
*
*
*
March 2011
We also did not exercise at all. Why? We got lazy. We got complacent.
In the 4.5 months, I gained 18.2 lbs. back. But, I've kept 86.6 lbs. OFF! \0/
I weighed in at 193.2 yesterday (in October, my last blog post with pictures, I was 175 lbs.).
Robert has gained 32 lbs. back! Kept off 14 lbs.
So, as of yesterday (March 14th), we were just eager to get back to exercising (walking / running / the gym) and back to nourishing our bodies with raw, living foods, juicing, smoothies, and some cooked vegan food.
I am so excited! I feel so...ALIVE again. I really do.
Oh, cucumbers and carrots, how I've missed you so.... =)
I will probably use my blog again for accountability, so for the time being you will see various blog postings again.
*
*
Hmmm...what else has transpired in March so far. Ah yes, Robert celebrated his 32nd birthday on the 8th. He had a good day. Got a gift card for Best Buy from mom, got a card and $50 from me, and his co workers gave him a card and bought him a little cake.
We went to the vegan resturant in Dallas, Spiral, for his birthday meal.
Then we were headed to Best Buy, but we got a flat tire. Thankfully we were in the parking lot of BB and not on the expressway somewhere.
We have free roadside assistance with our insurance so we called them out and they came and helped us out.
By the time they were done though, Best Buy was closed, so Robert went another day and got some DVD's.
*
*
I've had some health issues transpire and ambulance / hospital bills that are insanely way to high. Somehow I know Yahweh will work it all out (we don't have health insurance).
To make a long story short, I am severely anemic. Like, really, really bad. So I am taking 975 mg. of iron a day to raise my poor hemoglobin.
*
The reason I was rushed to the hospital was for a week off and on my heart was racing / beating out of my chest and I couldn't catch my breath (no I wasn't having panic attacks). This happened off and on while I was reading, sitting still, sitting at the laptop, eating etc.
On one Saturday, it happend 5-6 times back to back and that was enough for me to call 911 out.
My EKG's, blood pressure, blood sugar, pulse, etc, fine. Ah but a blood test from the ER showed a really low hemoglobin level, which I found out could trigger heart episodes like that because my heart has to work harder to get blood to it being anemic and all.
*
Oh and before I go on. I will say I recieved the BEST care in the ER at Mansfield Methodist Hospital. The nurses, staff, were fantastic and so nice. Thank you so much! I will definitly choose this hospital to birth any future children in. =)
*
The ambulance / fire department people were great too. So thankful for them.
*
*
After this hospital visit, I had to go and find a physician I can call my own since I hadn't had one.
I found a cute little clinic in my town that caters to patients with no insurance / low income families.
They are really nice and are run by volunteers. I pay $5 for doctor visits, $20 - $35 for dentist visits and I think it's $30 for chiropractic visits.
So with that, me and the physician assistant are working at getting my iron level back to normal. I don't have any other mineral defecincies, no diabetes, nothing wrong with my kidneys / liver, etc, no high cholesterol.
I had a touch of anemia when I was in the Army (and I was a big meat eater back then). They have me some iron pills and that was it. No follow up, nothing, and of course, me being 18 at the time, I didn't even think of following up on it.
*
But anyway....I go back April 15th to get blood drawn to see if my hemoglobin has went up (I'm pretty sure it has already. I've only been taking these pills 2 weeks and my hair has grown back thicker, my nails have gotten better, and I feel energized and ready to take on the world).
February 2011:
I am sure you all have heard about the ice storm, then snow storm in DFW Texas. Here are some pictures. =)
Also in February our hot water heater exploded in the house (it's located under our stairs in the hallway) so water, water, everywhere! Oy vey.
We had to pay for a water restoration team to come out with fans / dehumidifiers, plus replace the padding.
Also had to pay a plumber and buy a new water heater...all out of pocket of course (I won't even mention the amount this mess set us back. Yes we do have homeowners insurance but our deductible was so high it didn't cover anything).
We won't be taking hot water for granted again...I took some mighty cold showers while waiting for the water heater to be replaced, so thank you Yahweh for hot water. \0/
Janurary 2011
From L to R: Jessica, me, Leslie, Kelly, and Kathy.
Tabby over at http://www.plaintorahkeeper.blogspot.com/ , her husband and 2 girls came to Texas for a visit in the middle of January! We hadn't seen each other since 2009 so this visit was much needed.
Tabby over at http://www.plaintorahkeeper.blogspot.com/ , her husband and 2 girls came to Texas for a visit in the middle of January! We hadn't seen each other since 2009 so this visit was much needed.
I don't even remember all that we did. I know we went to Mardel, Bed, Bath and Beyond, Super Target, Spiral (twice, per Tabby's request...hee hee), a tearoom for lunch, Hobby Lobby, Ripley's Believe It or Not, Whole Foods, ummm...I can't think right now, my mind has gone kaput, but we were busy every single day they were here. It was fun though.
And in the evenings, we would gather in the breakfast nook the hotel had and do Bible readings together. Ahhhh, so refreshing it was. =)
Here are some pictures from their trip here.
(P.S. Please remember Tabby and her family in your prayers. They went through a house fire and have to start all over again. Nobody was injured, but if you've been through a fire you know how crazy it can be. Thank you.).
Sure you can read your Bible online or on your phone, but there is nothing like holding a hard copy of Yahweh's love letter to us.




Robert's Army unit had a military ball. I knew what transpires at military balls (lots, LOTS, lots, of drinking, cursing, worldly, horrible music among other things).
Then why did you go? You may ask. For my husband. The past 2 years he went alone and hated it, so this year, I decided misery needed company and I went with him. ;-)
The moment the soldiers were allowed to be released though, we bolted out of there.
I can't do this again next year, I just can't...lol. He may have to be on his own.
Anyway, here are 2 photos.
My long time best bud, Nancy, (since we were 7 years old) and her daughter Ava (6 months at the time) paid us a visit in mid November.
I had more pictures to share but it seems my computer ate them because they aren't on here. Ugh! Oh well. Here are some I was able to acquire.
We had so much fun and her visit just flew on by. :-(
*
*
*
*
*
So, that is a short recap of my life. If you've read through this whole thing, you are one brave soul. =)
Well, I am off to eat supper, pick up hubby from work, then we are hitting the gym.
\0/
Yahweh bless and keep you. May His face shine upon you....always.
~ Dawn
P.S. I apologize for any spelling mistakes...spell checker isn't working at the moment and I am in a rush to get out the door. =)
9 comments:
I just love this blog. I love your positive attitude! It is contiguous. Are you on facebook?
My father struggled with anemia too. It had to do with his body’s ability to absorb iron- not his diet.
The pictures from the ball look great!
Hi Laura!
Thank you dear one for the kind remark. =)
I was on Facebook...deactivated my account recently...just too much 'noise' on there.
It was too time consuming for me as well.
Yahweh only gives us 24 hours and once they are gone we can never reclaim them, so I want to use His time wisely and not sitting behind the computer for 3 hours reading status' and commenting on walls. =)
I will have to keep that in mind, about maybe my body just doesn't absorb iron. Thank you for the tip. Will have to run that by my doctor next month.
Have a blessed evening =)
Hello sis! Good to see you! I really need to get off my bum and e mail you more! Huggles.
Hi Michelle,
I 'heart' you Sister. =)
Hey, make sure you tell our friends on Facebook that I have gone back to blogging and send in my link so they know where to find me.
I'd be much appreciated if ya did that. =)
Welcome back! I'm so glad to know that you're doing well---especially after the ambulance/ER scare. I was diagnosed with severe anemia last year and had many of the same problems---thankfully, I didn't have the scary ambulance trip---mine was caught at my annual physical (which I've been doing since just before I turned 40). My levels were so low that my doctor asked me how I was functioning each day... :-)
Regaining 18 pounds is not bad---everyone has setbacks. Are you going back to 100% raw or more like an 80/20% or 75/25% ratio?
It was nice to see pictures of all your visiting---that's much better than this cyber-living anyway! ;-)
So I say that, but I'm also going to say that it was nice to have an update from you--I enjoyed following your raw food journey---I had read your blog before that but hadn't always commented. So I hope that you continue to update occasionally, but I do understand that real-life living should take precedence over computer time----we definitely need to use each of these 24 hours we're given wisely--remembering that each one is a gift from YHVH.
Michelle,
I think this time around we are doing 90% raw and 10% vegan (cooked).
It's the end of day 3 of being raw again and we are feeling so alive, energized and refreshed. I don't know why we allowed ourselves to fall away from this for almost 5 months, know what I mean?
For right now, I'll be blogging periodically so hooray for all those who read here. =)
Bless you Sister.
Is it possible that you were anaemic because you weren't eating any red meat?
Victoria,
I don't think so. I also had a touch of anemia when I was in the Army (1999-2001) and I was a huge meat eater back then.
That's why I never thought maybe my body just doesn't absorb iron well like Laura stated above.
My doctor knows I am a vegan / raw foodist and didn't say anything about it.
I will be adding beans into this, umm, not diet, but, you know what I mean.
I love beans! =) Black beans are my favorite, then kidney, then pinto.
Plus I have upped my green intake...lots more spirulina, chloryphyll, kale, mustard greens, roamine, arugula, etc, etc.
I must say I feel fantastic (that could also be because of the iron pills too...lol).
Blessings to you =)
Blessings be upon you. Am glad to see you back in the cybersaddle if only for a wee while. Perhaps there will be some more palatable activities for Christians at the next military ball simply because you were there as a visible witness? We shall pray it so.
Post a Comment