BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, October 24, 2010

A new way of living, a new me, month 7!

Good evening readers and followers!
I apologize for being 9 days late with getting my weigh in update on here. :(
Shall we begin? :)




At my heaviest of course....



1 month later - April 15, 2010 - 18.2 lbs. lighter


2 months later - May 15, 2010 - 32 lbs. lighter



3 months later - June 15, 2010 - 45.2 lbs. lighter



4 months later - July 15, 2010 - 61.2 lbs. lighter




5 months later - August 15, 2010 - 80. 2 lbs. lighter





6 months later - September 15, 2010 - 96 lbs. lighter






7 months later - October 15, 2010 - 105 lbs. lighter
*
I don't have my bust / waist / hips measurements because I misplaced them...lol. Oh well. Maybe next month right? :)
*
We've been incorporating some warm vegan dishes into our raw food lifestyle. Simple stuff like baked potatoes topped with vegan butter, vegetarian chili, vegan cheese and vegan bacon bits. Mmmmm good stuff.
Or I'll make rice and beans.
As it starts getting colder I will be making more vegetarian soups / stews / chili's a few times per week.
*
We haven't been utilizing the gym as much anymore because of hubby's work / school schedule so I've been walking in the mornings for well over an hour. But I've also began walking in the evenings as well.
I love walking longer strides, breathing in the fresh crisp air, crunching on acorns and leaves while talking with Yahweh.
It's just refreshing.
*
I've been in the midst of major fall cleaning at home. I've got my living room so cleared out it actually echos. Sweet! :)
*

Taken today (10/24) while I was looking to see if the train was coming back our way.









30 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome!!

Deb Reynolds said...

You Look Amazing...Imagine what you have done in a few Short Months...!!! You are such an inspiration to ALL!!!

l said...

You look stunning! I bet you feel great!!! It is just amazing to watch-- I am so inspired! <3

Beth West www.northernskyart.wordpress.com said...

Great job, Dawn. Did you do anything to break past your plateau or just wait it out?

Suze said...

What an amazing turn around. I am so proud of you.

Dawn said...

Beth ~

I just waited it out. I figured the plateau would eventually have to leave sometime... :)

Joanne said...

Hello Dawn - thank you for sharing ... pictures say a thousand words.

I came across the raw food diet several years ago and am very thankful. While I did not have a whole lot of weight to lose, I was unhealthy and all of my family is overweight (they all started as thin as me but now are all overweight - some obese).

I gain weight very quickly if I do not watch what I eat, and also I have sugar problems. It is such a blessing to know what works and what does not work; but more importantly, what is HEALTHY and works and what is unhealthy and works ... because even the atkins diet and bolemia (spelling?) work, but that does not mean either are good for you.

You can't go wrong with eating all the raw, fresh fruits and veggies you can possibly eat in one day :) Yum! We do not eat all raw, but do the best we can. Also, we try to stay away from animal products and stick with whole foods.

Lord bless you - love, js

JohnDent said...

Thank you for sharing your story and progress. Very inspirational.

Stealth Jew said...

Wow. You've look so much younger. Do you feel like you have more energy?

Gina Marie said...

Praise the LORD!

GOD BLESS YOU!

---Gina

Hopes Handcrafts said...

oh my...your look STUNNING! What an amazing testimony!

Laura Ashley said...

WOW! That is wonderful!!!!

Terry said...

Hi Dawn

I have been following your blog for along time, but never lefted any comments, I love reading your blog and your weight loss is Amazing, you look great, and I know you have to feel better, I had gain alot of weight a few years ago, and Last year about this time I had it, I could not take it anymore, I needed to lost about 50 pounds, As of today I have lost 42 pounds. When I would look at your blog it was inspiration.

Cathy Lane RPh said...

I've not read the original posts, so am curious as to the details of the diet. It sounds as if unprocessed foods are the basis, but did you share any details at the beginning e.g. references, resources, source of nutrients, daily caloric intake, and energy output, etc.?
Thanks

Kat said...

You're an inspiration! :)

justagirl said...

Heavy or not you are beautiful! What an inspiration you are. I don't think I could go with a raw diet, tummy issues, but could afford to lose 100#. Wish I could just do it!

Anyway, fantastic. I hope you share more.

Kris said...

WOOOOWWW!!!!

I've read but not commented for some time as well, but I just GOTTA comment this time around!!!!

Girl, the difference shows all over your FACE!!! You just look like you FEEL amazing!

Bravo!!! What an inspiration!!!

Carrie said...

Wow!! I haven't visited your blog in a while and I am amazed! What a journey! I'm so excited for you!! This is so encouraging to me as I really really really need to lose weight. Maybe I need to give vegan/raw diets another chance! Thanks for the inspiration!

PlainCatholic said...

Your self-discipline and consistency is quite admirable. The smile on your face is worth more than many words in many languages and it shows how joy-filled you are.

May God bless your efforts and goals.

trooppetrie said...

you are doing amazing, I am new to your blog and have really enjoyed it today

Anonymous said...

Hey,
You have made an amazing change... :)
We have missed you on here. :)
~Blessings Sister~

Jenn said...

Hope all is well and hope to see an update soon! Miss you!

Michelle, a heart at home said...

Hello Dawn,
It's been nearly 3 months since you last posted and I've been thinking of you and wondering how you've been doing.
Are you still living the mostly raw diet? I have personally been afraid of even trying because I don't think I could "stick to it"--but I've been so impressed with the results you and your dh have gotten.
I have much more weight to lose than my dh, but even he says he'd like to lose about 40 lbs. He would be very slim then, but we are in our mid-40's, so I guess it's better to be on the slim side. :-)
I just wanted to send a note to let you know that you've been thought of and I do hope that you're doing well.
Shalom,
Michelle

Toyin O. said...

Keep up the good work, you look great.

johnvonjr said...

I have added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit my blog and become a follower also.

Me said...

(Has anyone heard from Dawn??) Dawn, I hope everything is ok. I'm looking forward to your next update!!

Anonymous said...

Wow , you look amazing! I was wondering if you have a pattern for the dress you are wearing in the last photo as we are moving towards wearing all the same dresses. We have moved towards wearing an amish pray cap and want to do a similar dress. Yours is nice.If you do could you let me know. Maybe leave me a comment on my site or email me at grace101ds@hotmail.com I sure would appreciate this.
Debylin

Zippy said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! And I am not just talking about looks. I just found your blog today (on my own quest for a more simple life)and you are a beautiful person. Thanks so much for sharing. God bless! Hope you blog again soon.-trish

Jenn said...

Does anyone have any idea what's going on with Dawn? Kinda worried since she's not been on in so long.

City Girl to Country Girl said...

Hello Dawn!
I just was led to you blog, and what an amazing transformation! You are lovely, how did you do it, I would love to know, as this is a struggle for me.
kathleen