Today I turned 29! Eeek! :) Robert and I had a very good day!
We had Subway for lunch in Grandview Texas. Then headed over to Arlington. Our first stop was Wal-Mart. I had to return something and we bought a few things.
Next stop was Bed, Bath and Beyond. Mom had sent me a $25 gift card, plus I had a 20% off coupon so I bought me a blender (as you will see in the pictures). Thank you so much mommy!
I can't wait to make my own fruit and vegetable smoothies!
Then we were off for groceries at Whole Foods. Money goes quick there, doesn't it? :)
Robert and I have been eating more 'raw' these past few days. I am loving it! Robert's about 30% raw and I am about 50%. I try for 2 raw meals per day, but sometimes that doesn't always happen, but I try. :)
Once I get a juicer, I will probably bump up to 80% raw, but for now I still enjoy chicken or ground turkey tacos, veggie subs from Subway, milk & cereal or oatmeal, stuff like that.
The more I read about the raw food lifestyle, the more I am sold on it.
I have had so much energy these past few days that I can't even sleep...lol. I just lie in bed staring at the ceiling feeling like I should get up and clean something...lol.
After Whole Foods, we went home and my brother called me to wish me a happy birthday. He said he sent me a Subway gift card in the mail since he knows Robert and I eat there once or twice per week. Awwww...thanks big brother. :)
By now it was 6 p.m., I ran to Target for a few things, came home, picked up the living room, did 2 loads of laundry, made 'raw chips and salsa', did the dishes and put them away, and now here I am at 10 p.m. , full of energy of course, and still needing a shower and eventually head off to bed.
Tomorrow after I drop hubby off at work, I plan on getting some new walking/running shoes at this Runners store I found nearby. I look forward to that because these Wal-Mart exercise shoes I have been using since March have no support at all, even with insoles! I know they mass produce the shoes there but come on...give us walkers / joggers / runners a good, solid, reliable shoe!
Normally on the 1st day of the week (today), we go to the gym, but we didn't today. Too much going on and not enough time. It's back to it tomorrow though. I can't wait!
Well, guess I will head off to shower and get to bed (if I can sleep...lol). Got to get up in the wee hours of the morning tomorrow.
Shalom Bloggers!
Dawn
10 comments:
Looks like a lovely way to spend the day! I love all of the pictures, very sweet :o)
I think that is a great "chip & dip" alternative...have I mentioned how I *LOVE* salsa and chips?!
Have a great week!
Oooh such sweet photos! You're absolutely glowing! I'm not saying that there was anything wrong with you 50 pounds ago, it's just that you look so FRESH after losing weight.
Please share the basics of a smoothie! I have a blender and I want to join in ~ this will help me when I'm craving junk!
Happy Birthday Dawn!! You're only a year older than me. :)
Coffee Catholic--I don't know how Dawn does it, but smoothies at our house are just fruit and a little honey. Mine usually consist of a 1/2 c orange juice (no sugar added), a cup of strawberries, a kiwi, some blueberries, and a little bit of cranberry juice or lemon juice for "tang". Stevia is good for sweetening too, and has no calories. You can even sneak in a little spinach without affecting the taste. :D
You are still a youngster! I turned 51 the 15th LOL! Jack says I am 15. Ha, ha! Looks like you had a wonderful day!
Happy (belated) Birthday! It looks/sounds like you had a really good day. :-)
DAwn, Please tell me what you are following I would love to try it. You LOOK GREAT!!!!
DAwn, Please tell me what you are following I would love to try it. You LOOK GREAT!!!!
Happy belated birthday, Dawn ;). To answer some of the 'how are you losing weight' questions, would it be right to guess that you have simply shifted your eating to mostly uncooked produce/fruits, increasing that from when you began to where you are now? That's what I've been doing and your 'chips' seem like the plan that anyone can google with "how to transition to raw food eating". I like me fish and chicken, but have amped up the salads/raw veggies and eat plenty of fruit, along with increasing my water intake. Is this the same thing you and Robert have embarked on? I think it is. So for the other commentors: google 'raw food eating' and see even if it's not for you, you can always add from it what you want. It will increase your health and you will drop weight.
Just found your blog via Plain and Simple. WOW you and your Dh are doing great in your weight loss. Care to share what you are doing, as I too am working on loosing weight. So far I'm down( again*sigh* I did a yo, you moment) 26lbs and working hard at keeping it off and yet still loosing.
I invite you over to our homestead blog, www.kellesneverdonefarm.blogspot.com
Looking forward to reading your blog when there is more time, right now it's full swing in the garden.
Blessings,
Kelle
Happy late Birthday!
I have some catching up on reading your blog. :) Looks like many good things. I always feel some at home with you and your blog.
Thanks, Anna
Post a Comment