BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Since I know this post was directed at me...

...I thought I would answer it. My answers have the *** next to them. =)

Taken from http://farm-hijabi.blogspot.com/

Submitting to your Christian husband's authority and Saints in heaven...
"And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home"
.
.
.

To put it short and blunt: Christian ladies, whatever pew your husband's backside sits in on Sundays, your backside needs to be right there beside him. If you are away off on your own going to a separate church then you are not in submission to your husband.
*** Since you must know Michelle, my husband doesn't attend Mass. He prefers to stay home, draw, watch TV, and play around online. Sunday is his day off and that's what he chooses to do with it. He allows me to worship YHWH where ever he leads and is supportive of that. ***
.
.
.
Therefore, you are not in submission to God. You are in rebellion. You are sinning.
*** Really? I am not in submission to YHWH, am sinning and am in rebellion when my husband himself wishes me a good day at church on Sunday and means it? Yeah, that makes sense. You can think all those things about me, I don't mind. I am where I am in my walk with YHWH and I know beyond the shadow of a doubt that if I were SINNING, being REBELLIOUS or UNSUBMISSIVE, the Holy Ghost would easily convict me of it because my heart, soul, and mind are always open for that.. ***
.
.
.
If you do not agree with your husband's choice of church then pray that God either show your husband that he is wrong - or that God show YOU that your huband is right.
*** I don't care where my husband goes to church. I don't care that he's Catholic. What he does in his spiritual life is up to him, he's the one who has to answer to YHWH on how he lived the Bible. ***
.
.
.
Meanwhile zip your lips and plunk your butt down beside your husband where it belongs.
*** On the couch watching TV all day and watching him play Mafia Wars online? Think I will pass. ***
.
.
.
In the meantime you need to be asking your husband for instruction in the Faith, be he Catholic, Baptist, Mennonite... You have no right to go off on your own digging around in Scripture by yourself and asking other people at other churches to teach you.
*** Actually the Bible tells us we are to 'search the Scriptures' (Acts 5:39) and to 'study to show thyself approved' (2 Tim. 2:15) so that's what I am doing, with the help of the Holy Spirit of course. =) We might as well throw out our Bible if we don't plan on studying and learning from it.
So I am supposed to ask my husband who doesn't read the Bible, doesn't attend Mass, doesn't pray for Bible instruction, eh? ***
.
.
.
The Bible is very clear that we believers are to submit to our husbands and to be instructed by our husbands.
*** I DO submit to my husband and you need to stop saying that I don't because you have no idea what goes on in our house. ***
.
.
.
The Bible does NOT tell us women to go digging through the Scriptures on our own, deciding doctrine and theology for ourselves.
*** See above Scriptures. And for the record, I haven't posted anything unBiblical. Well, maybe to you I have, but I am just using Scripture to back up Scripture. You are the one causing a huge ordeal over it ***
.
.
.
If your husband cannot answer your question then it is HIS duty, not yours, to seek answers from a more knowledgable Christian. End of story.
*** No, that's not true to an extent, because I, only, I will have to give an account of my life before YHWH on how I obeyed His Word. My husband is NOT responsible for my soul. I am.
So if my husband has no umph or desire to go seek answers to my questions, then what Michelle? I just sit like a lump and do nothing till he decides to make an effort? ***
.
.
.
If you can't handle this then stop being Christian and worship yourself.
*** Nothing will ever stop me being a child of Elohim. Keep talking though Michelle, you are letting the whole blogosphere see your true colors and they are anything but GODLY. ***
.
.
.
And remember: If you married a man of a different denomination (or whatever you call it) you only have yourself to blame. You knew ahead of time that he wasn't the same kind of Christian as you.
*** Actually Michelle, I got saved after I got married. ***
.
.
.
But now you're married and you are commanded by God to submit to the man who is now your husband.
*** I do submit to my husband. He freely lets me worship where ever I want to go and doesn't have a problem with it. ***
.
.
.
You may want to stop reading my blog over the next several weeks Michelle because I am going to continue to share what YHWH is opening my eyes up to and it will probably make you irate.
.
.
Michelle, I don't think you prayed and saught YHWH before you typed this post and the posts you did in the comment section of my 'thief on the cross' post because if you did, you would have handled it like a real Titus 2 woman would have, discreet, chaste with a meek and quiet spirit in a personal e-mail. You are reacting on your feelings and your flesh.
.
.
I love you my Sister in Yahshua. <3
~ Dawn

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Dawn! I am so sorry you are being slandered this way!
I want to say more, but, I must bite my tongue....
Paula

Beth West www.northernskyart.wordpress.com said...

I am baffled by Coffee Catholic's behavior toward you. If I grant that the doctrinal stance she's adopting is her true opinion then I still can't understand the venom she addresses you with. Maybe she's so used to clobbering everyone she opposes on her blog that she's forgotten how to speak the truth in love with a friend.

Dawn said...

Paula,

I can use your wisdom dear one. Please do share your heart.

<(((><

Unknown said...

I taste of what I am driving at,is that as Believers, and women, we are to exhibit a meek and quiet spirit.
I have no time for those that use venom in the name of Christ.

To proudly display anything other then a loving meek and quiet spirit, regardless of what the topic is, and who it is directed at, Believer or not,............. well, hmmmm, I would rather say the rest in private.
My comment section is set to moderate.
Can I have your email?

FRUGAL DAYCARE MOM said...

Well I think that we each have to judge ourselves and not others. That is what the God I worship says. And God is against Divorce so if one marries a non-Christian and then finds God, I don't think God intends that woman to leave her husband, but to hopefully lead him to God. Since actions speak louder than words, I think that you living the life God wants you to lead is a good start. I think that the poster of that needs to sit in prayer and examine only herself, and I hope she does. Our Pastor told us just last Sunday that such ways is not how we bring people to God, we have to lead by love and kindness to help them get there. Keep on Keeping on Dawn, and don't let it get to you.

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Gentle, loving huggles Dawn sweetie. Look at it this way, if you are doing what is right you will be dragged through the mud and worse.

Victoria Rebecca said...

Sister Dawn,

Since I am not an adult, I thought it would be better to just quote scripture instead of my opinion.

Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.
~ Mattew 5:10-12

Hope said...

I have been a reader of your blog for awhile now. I just wanted to say that I agree with you. My husband does not go to church with me but allows me to go. I feel it is my place to go and take my children. He is like your husband and rather stay at home and watch tv. But he has no problem with us going.

I am sorry that you were attack like that. We all have to do what is God's will for us. Keep on keeping on Dawn! :0)
Hope

Anonymous said...

I know Sister Dawn personally Coffee Catholic (Michele) and she is a joyful and submissive wife. Her Husband is always encouraged by her, as she is always full of giggles :)I have Multiple Sclerosis and I am in a wheel chair most of the time, and she has always been able to make me smile and feel encouraged too. Sister Dawn enjoys being a wife and one day a Mamma. She loves being a Keeper at Home.

She loves her time she spend with her Abba Father, and examines herself evryday, to make sure she is pleasing to GOD as she seeks to follow and obey Him everyday.

Coffe Catholic who are you to judge Sister Dawn? She loves Yahweh that is the name of GOD, and rather you want to admit it or not, you serve a Jewish Messiah. Jesus Christ (Yahshua Messiah) had Jewish parents and was raised in a Jewish Home.Jesus(Yahshua) and the disciples and Apostles did not have a New Testament, they read from the Old Testament. The early church were Jews and Gentile believers.
Sister Dawn has come out of man made denominations and serves GOD alone, and obeys His Word alone.
Dawn overflows with love and Joy, and a Sister would have to be that way, to endure having you as a friend.

In Yahshua,Tabaitha

Darelina said...

"In the meantime you need to be asking your husband for instruction in the Faith, be he Catholic, Baptist, Mennonite... You have no right to go off on your own digging around in Scripture by yourself and asking other people at other churches to teach you."

Wow... this would imply by its meaning that if my husband was Jewish, I should go to a synagogue with him and wait for the Lord to correct him before we could go to a church to worship. Not a well thought out statement.

Sad, the confusion there is, when one scripture is taken out of context.

Anonymous said...

Dawn, I'm sorry you were called out in such a public way. (by someone that calls herself a friend is worse)

It is best to let it go and do what you know God is calling you to do. Don't answer her any more in a public forum. What you did here was great. But, it is time to end the public part of this.

You both are in my prayers.

Dawn said...

Rebecca,

Actually that's what exactly I had planned on doing.
Answer once and I am done. It's just that in a previous comment under the thief on the cross post another lady said the same thing Michelle did, so I thought I would take care of the matter on my blog, 1 time, and that is it.
If she continues on, well, by all means that is her right, it's a free country, but I explained myself and now I am done with that.

Someone told me I shouldn't have to explain myself to anyone, and I do agree with that pretty much, but I wasn't going to sit here a second time and be accused of things that were not true, so I figured I might as well answer this once and for all.

Thank you ladies for your comments.

motherofmany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
motherofmany said...

You can really tell when people don't know their Bibles when they use verses out of context. 1 Corinthians 14:35 is about disrupting the service, not about women being forbidden to study for themselves.

Women are not only allowed to learn for themselves, they are commanded to.

"And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word. But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me. And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things: But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her." Luke 10:39-42

"And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified." Matthew 28:5

"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus." 1 Timothy 2:5

"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus." Galatians 3:28

"If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him." James 1:5

And I guess my question would be that if we are to be in submission to our husbands and allow them to do the talking, why was a woman addressing this issue? Why didn't her husband write it?

It's also confounding coming from a member of a religion where the preferred go-to for prayer is a woman.

Laura Ashley said...

Dawn, I remember a post a long while ago in which your husband answered questions. I remember him saying he would not tell you how to dress, act, or think. Please show her that post.

There you have it Coffee Catholic, her husband wants a wife that thinks for herself.

As Simply As We Can said...

I'm just now seeing this post, sorry my comment on it is so late. What that other blogger said about knowing what kind of Christian your husband is before marrying him so too bad for you? Well, the world is not quite so black and white for all of us. When I married my husband we were 100% on the same page with these things. And we were for over a decade. But after 12 years of marriage my husband changed his mind about what he thinks about these things and he no longer attends any church. So does that mean that I should no longer go and that my children should no longer go? No! Like you, I have my husband's every blessing to continue going to church and worship. He would never dream of forbidding that. If we have our husband's blessing, we cannot be in rebellion.

And what about women who have husbands who have no Bible knowledge and no desire to get any? They are supposed to get the answers there? Certainly not. God expects us all to study to show ourselves approved. No where in the Bible did women get their Bible knowledge from their husbands and their husbands only.

Blessings to you Dawn.~~