BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, November 14, 2009

~ Enoch & Elijah -- where art thou? ~

Jessie-Bessie asked me my thoughts on the whereabouts of Enoch & Elijah. I thought 'oooo more studying the Scriptures...woohooo'. =) I must say though, today has been a very in depth Bible studying day and I think I fried more than one brain cell in trying to understand what Yah wanted me too.
*
*
Anywho, ya'll grab your Bibles so you can see / read what I read, that way there is no miscommunication...
*
*
We will start with Enoch.
*
We know he lived to be 365 years old (Genesis 5:23) and we know he walked with YHWH (Genesis 5:24).
*
The full verse of Genesis 5:24 states -- "And Enoch walked with G-D; and he was not; for G-D took him.
*
The Bible doesn't say G-D took him to Heaven or Hell, He just took him.
Why and where did He take him? I don't know, I'm not G-D. We'll ask Him when we see Him though...hee hee. =)
*
That is all the Old Testament has to say about our pal Enoch.
*
*
*
Let's go to the New Testament and see what it has to say, shall we...
*
Turn to the book of Hebrews chapter 11.
*
*
Hebrews 11:5 -- " By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because G-D had translated him; for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased G-D".
*
Translated - Strongs # 3346 states: to transfer, to change, to transfer ones self or suffer one's self to be transferred.
*
Hmmm...interesting...
*
Translation - Strongs # 3331 states: transfer: from one place to another, to change, of things instituted or established.
*
So... Enoch was changed / transferred that he should not see death and was not found because G-D had changed / transferred him. We can also see before his change he had his testimony that please G-D.
*
*
Enoch was a witness for G-D. Take a look in the book of Jude, verses 14 & 15. It says -
" And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,
To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him".
*
*
So, I am sure your question is 'did Enoch die or is he still alive somewhere'?
*
Go back to Hebrews 11. The first half of this chapter sometimes is called 'the roll call of the heroes of faith'. The heroes of faith include Abel (vs. 4), Enoch (vs.5), Noah (vs. 7), Abraham (vs. 8-10), Sara (vs. 11).
*
Now look at Hebrews 11:13. It states - " These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth."
*
I hope that answered your question of Enoch's whereabouts. To me it can't be any clearer.
*
*
*
Now onto our pal Elijah...
*
Let's turn to II Kings 2.
*
Before we get into the Scripture study, I would like to point out that Elijah himself and his people knew he was going to be taken away. Read verses 3,5,9 & 10.
*
*
II Kings 2:1 -- " And it came to pass, when the L-RD would take up Elijah into heaven by a whirlwind, that Elijah went with Elisha from Gilgal"
*
* would take up - Strongs # 5927 - to go up, ascend, climb.
* into heaven - Strongs # 8064 - as abode of the stars, sky, alluding to the visible arch in which the clouds move.
*
*
II Kings 2:11 -- "And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.
*
YHWH took Elijah up into the sky, the heavens, not Heaven - Heaven, i.e. our Eternal resting home.
*
Did Elijah die? Nope! Take a look at II Chronicles 21:12...
" And there came a writing to him from Elijah the prophet saying, Thus saith the L-RD G-D of David thy father, because thou has not walked in the ways of Jehoshaphat thy father, nor in the ways of Asa king of Judah".
*
The word writing in Strongs can be found in # 4385. It means a letter, a thing written, a document.
*
So we see that Elijah was still alive and kickin'!
*
The New Testament seems to be silent on Elijah.
*
So, where is Elijah? Again, the Bible doesn't say. It says G-D took him up towards the sky (the heavens).
*
It will be one of those questions we will ask when we see Elijah... 'Elijah...where exactly did YHWH take you?' I can't wait for his answer. =)
*
*
*
Jessie-Bessie, thank you for asking me my thoughts on Enoch and Elijah...I had a wonderful time pouring through the Scriptures to find the answers...and now my brain and fingers hurt and I don't think I can type or think anymore...lol.
*
I would love to hear other's thoughts of their take on Enoch and Elijah. Maybe I missed something!
*
YHWH bless you, my dear readers.
In Love,
Dawn


2 comments:

Alizah Batyah said...

You should read the book of Jashur. It is mentioned several places in the Word so I wanted to read it. it gives details about Enoch's life that make me want to be like him so much!

Dawn said...

Oooo thanks Lisa...will have to read it! =)

Bless you <(((><