BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, November 29, 2009

~ November 26th ~


















































































The husband and I had a wonderful Thanksgiving day.
*
Besides us, there were 2 other gentleman to join us at the dinner table along with the family (all 10 of them) who invited us.
*
We feasted on turkey, potatoes, stuffing, salad, and for dessert, fudge (I made that), pumpkin pie, and fruit salad.
*
The dinner was delicious but the fellowship with one another even sweeter.
Robert enjoys fellowshipping with the Mennonites which is wonderful. He enjoys their honesty, humility and sincerity. He says he likes that they aren't fake. I agree.
*
We really enjoyed the drive out in the country. Our plan is to move out there in a few years and begin our dream of living off grid and having a small homestead.
*
In the evening after we got back from dinner, I went to Wal-Mart to get a few items and I was surprised how empty it was. I was grateful for that though as Wal-Mart is usually a nightmare.
*
No, we did not participate in the gimme, gimme, gimme, push, shove, grab, grab, grab, trample over people, gluttenous, greedy day known as "Black Friday". Our homes are packed with more than enough "STUFF" as well as our family and friends. No need to continue packing it with even more junk.
*
My mom was telling me how TV stations were interviewing folks on "Black Friday" and most of the people interviewed said they were buying the flat screen TV's for themselves. They were buying the computers for themselves, the video games for themselves, etc.
*
How about we take that money and use it for the good. Use it to help 2 or 3 familes in need with clothing, food, and gas for their car?
Our neighbor goes without a basic need met, yet our house is packed with another television or video game that we don't need. Good grief! =(
*
Do you see how jilted this "Black Friday" mess is?
Well, glad that's all over for another year.
*
Hey, is it me, or do the rest of you notice that more stores are remaining open on Thanksgiving Day? I've been noticing that each year, more stores and places will be open, and I know it's all about making money, but I can't help think of those employees, ya know? Instead of being home with their family and friends, they have to stand behind the counter and wait on people that may or may not show up.
America...next year, please, do your employees a favor and shut your doors Thanksgiving Day so you all can enjoy the day and not have to drool after the almighty dollar. Your employees would really appreciate it. =)
*
Sorry for the rant...I just am seeing how Thanksgiving is becoming more and more commercilaized and about consumerism instead of what it should be all about, ya know? It's just a tad bothersome is all.
*
Blessings on this 1st day of the week!
~Dawn