BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, November 23, 2009

A change in plans


Thankfully when it comes to plans changing, I am a very flexible person. =)


Well my company that was supposed to come down the 25th till the 26th had to cancel do to a family health issue. They hope they can come down some time in December and I am hoping so too.


Robert and I wondered what we are going to do about Thanksgiving. Neither of us want to actually cook the traditional feast and our kitchen sink is still out of commission and Thanksgiving meals always make a lot of dishes.

So we decided to go to Golden Corral. No mess, no clean up and ya still get a turkey dinner.


Not more than a few hours later a sister from the Mennonite church in Grandview calls me and and invites me and Robert over for the noon meal on Thursday. She's inviting everybody she said and after asking Robert if he wanted to go (he said yes, of course), I got directions to her house and we hung up.


Coolbeans! It occured to me that I forgot to ask if I should bring something, and I didn't have her number to call back, so I will just make some fudge and take it along.


I look forward to the fellowship and I know Robert does too.


So, that is our Thanksgiving Day plans.


I hadn't even given Thanksgiving a 2nd thought till today. Guess it just wasn't on my priority list this year. =)


How do you all handle change of plans? Do you get mad, angry, frustrated? Or do you remain calm and in control?

3 comments:

Charisms on Campus said...

Something similar happened to my family this year; my aunt had to cancel and she hosts Thanksgiving, so we're having it at my mom's house and now I have lots of cleaning and cooking to do over the next few days! I don't get stressed though, it's all in YHVH's hands and I enjoy having this time with my family, even if it's crazy, especially since I don't see them much as I'm in college.

PS-your sabbath post really helped me get out of a spiritual rut this week...I used to be Torah-keeping before I came back to the RCC, but I realized the sabbath is still mandatory. I also love the biblical feasts, and your post helped me reconnect!

Unknown said...

If we aren't rigid in our plans, then we sometimes get nice surprises, as your experience shows! The Lord gives us what is best for us when we are open to His will.

IdahoAngie said...

As long as the change in plans is people not being able to make it I usually don't mind. It is when people that were not invited show up and you don't have enough food for everyone. That has happened a few times. This year it was just all the people that live under one roof together. We didn't invite anyone since there is literally not enough room in our house for more people.