I hope you all are doing good on these final days of October. I look forward to November. Have a few things planned for that month...a trip to Ripley's Believe It or Not with hubby, Sis Tabaitha and her family from Missouri are coming to visit, Robert and I plan on going to Homestead Heritage at the end of the month and of course there is Thanksgiving too. =)
During a recent storm our roof began leaking in the same spot as before. Not bad, but enough to make us go 'ugh..not again!'.
Okay, here are little roof story to catch you all up.
In Feb. 2009 we had a company out to do roof work because our ceiling sprung a small leak.
It was these large heavy gigantic tree limbs that were piercing a hole through the shingles.
So this company cut down those limbs and put new shingles on the roof.
We were given a 1 year warranty for the work.
So, when the roof began leaking in the same place this past week, the first thing I did was call this company. Didn't get an answer, so I left a message.
Later that day I still hadn't heard from them, so Robert called twice. Nobody picked up, he left messages.
By this time I knew we were being played around with.
So I told Robert to call the guy using our cell phone as he didn't know that number and lo and behold the man picks up.
He was a bit annoyed that we were calling. He then said he would be out the next day.
The next day comes, no roofer.
That's alright, I am not going to beg or plead for him to come out. His actions are very unprofessional and we will be filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau against this company.
I called our homeowners insurance to see what they suggested and they told me to find someone else.
So I called 2 places. The one place I left a message and never heard back from. The 2nd place, they were very nice and helpful.
They even called me the next day to set up an appointed time to come out and do a look see on the house.
So, today a gentleman comes out and checks out the ceiling inside and the roof outside.
Took all of 10-15 minutes. He said another giant tree limb has made more puncture holes in the roof. Ugh!
He said to have a tree service come out and get that chopped down first and said an estimate for the roof repairs would be in the mail.
Someone commented on my Facebook to just get up on the roof and do it ourselves...the tree work...yeah well, our house is 2 stories and the roof is on a slanted angle. Want me to kill myself? We also do not have a large ladder nor chainsaw. Besides, we would have to call someone to haul away the debris anyway.
So, that's that for now.
I am having a meet up with Sis. Kelly in Burleson, TX this Sunday. I can't wait! We will have lunch somewhere, then go veg at her house watching a movie and fellowshipping. I will be sure to snap a picture of us to share with you all.
Well I am going to get into the Word. Just thought I would share some recent pictures and news with you all.
Shalom,
Dawn
2 comments:
That is terrible! I hope you do file that complaint with the BBB. Also, report them on ripoffreport.com. You might even call a local news station or write to the paper. If your city has local message boards, post a warning there about them. You could also take them to court, if you have all the paper work. Maybe even call Judge Judy or something. You are being cheated here!
I'm not sure if I've been here before but I see you are Torah-Observant! What a blessing to find you. :)
I also saw you added the Feelin' Feminine icon to your site. Would you like to be added to the blogroll? See how here http://feelinfeminine.com/?p=3
Hope you will join us!
Post a Comment