
Hello everyone!!!
~ Just want to let you know I made it home safely yesterday to Texas.
Last night as we were driving home, I am not sure if there was a flash flood warning or what but the rain was pouring down and streets were becoming flooded and you couldn't even see out of your windshield in front of you.
We were only 3 streets away from our house...
and then BAM! The road we turned on was flooded and we ended up floating down the road and the car shutting off...LOL.
In the pouring down rain, Robert got out to push the car while I steered and how cool was this, 2 men were standing in the rain of all things and came and helped push the car to the side of the road...they also had an umbrella that they hung over Robert.
So we got out of the flooded calf length water, both of us soping wet and Robert wanted to leave the car but I thought that was dumb. I pumped the brakes a few times and turned the key and the car started...was sputtering and making a clunking noise but it started so we hopped in the car and was able to make it home and it didn't die.
We haven't tried it out today, we are wanting it to dry out first (the humidity really isn't helping in that area either), but we did get a rental car from Avis for 1 week because we will be having our car looked at probably Monday by the dealership to make sure there was no long term damage.
After getting home last night and we got out of our wet clothes and dried off I looked at Robert and said "That was totally awesome, wasn't it!!!" LOL. :-) What an adrenaline rush!!! Wooohooooo!!!!
Robert left the house a mess while I was in Florida so today is cleaning day...mounds of laundry, dishes, cleaning, etc.... I will give him credit though...he did take out the trash on the days it needed to be out. :-)
Off I goooooooooooooo
* Dawn *
Saturday, August 1, 2009
OMG!!! :-O
Posted by Dawn at 1:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Did you sing Row your boat? LOl!
More like 'Row, row, row the car, gliding down the street...' ROFL!
thats Texas for you, at times roads are rivers
That must have been scary! Glad everything turned out safely!
Dear Dawn: I do hope that you are safe and dry now. Coming into the the 10 Commandments discussion of June 23 late, allow me to give you a link to the Vatican website with the Official Catechism of the Catholic Church. It lists as the very first commandment the admonishment against the graven image
http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/__P7B.HTM
At the bottom of the page, click Next and it will take you to the teachings on that commandment. Here is the link to the index of the Catechism on that section too. http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/_INDEX.HTM
Scroll down to Section Two: The Ten Commandments for the Overview.
We can trust this website as it belongs to the Vatican itself to get the official teaching of the Church. I do not always find publishers to be so careful in their versions of it. Hopefully this helps you.
God bless you with His graces as you study to know Him Who saved us.
Is that your car? I must be going nuts if it is. LOL When we met I could have sworn it was white. LOL
Oh wow! That must have been quite the experience! How wonderful that the Lord would provide and see you through it all! Wonderful sharing!!
Blessings!!
Save gas, float home! Glad you are safe!
Post a Comment