Sunrise over the Septic Tank
After living in a large town for many years, my husband and I bought a small house in a near by town. We had lived in our new home for only two months when we discovered that the septic tank was not working. My husband was kind of obsessed with the issue of the septic tank and was for all the weeks we waited for someone to give us an estimate.
I, on the other hand, was in love with the place and knew that somehow this would all work out just fine.I am a hopeless optimist, and I have a way of seeing the silver lining behind any cloud.
I awoke early one morning to see what it looked like to view the sunrise over the tops of the majestic magnolias outside our window. Opening the blinds, I enjoyed the awesome view. How wonderful God is! We take so much for granted. I thought. The love of God was in this beautiful view. My husband came into the room, "What are you doing with the blinds open?" "I am watching the sun rise." I responded with joy and warmth in my heart."You are watching the sunrise over the septic tank?" He questioned with a grimace first, and then a big smile.
People often see things from different points of view, and none of our outlooks are wrong, only different. We can share our outlooks with others.We can bring to the world a better way of viewing the broken things in our lives. If we as Christians do not see God moving in our lives, even in the bad times, how will we ever show the lost the way to peace, joy, and true love? I share my optimism with my husband, and he helps me keep my head out of the clouds. Together we share God's love to others with every chance we get.
I am the optimist between me and my hubby. He worries and frets and stresses and I sit back, pray and allow God to have His way in whatever the situation may be. I fully trust in Yahweh for His guidance, wisdom, and assurance.
The week that my dad died, we had cousins staying with us and I would sit out on the pinic table writing in my journal or reading my Bible and more than once my cousins Diane and Debbie would say 'how can you be so calm, I would be a wreck, but you sit here all calm and relaxed'. It's easy to do when you have that peace only gotten from God and God alone.
I also think the peace and calmness I showed back then helped my brother cope a little better so he wouldn't go insane and lose it.
Now that doesn't mean that I don't worry about things or have frustrations...I do. But when these things come up, instead of twittling my thumbs, pacing the floor, walking around with a frown, I give all the worries and concerns to Yeshua and leave them at the foot of the Cross and do my best, *not* to pick them back up. :-) He is fighting the battle for me, I can rest assured know that. <><
Robert has begun the spring semester in college this week. So that meant hundreds of dollars spent on college books again (ouch) and paying the tuition (big big big ouch on the pocketbook). He is taking 4 classes, but only going to school 2 days per week. He has 3 classes one day and 1 the next day.
Last week as we were driving around Arlington, we passed a sandwich shop that said they were hiring, so we stopped and he put in an application. Supposedly they said he would have had an interview with them last weekend, but they didn't call. No biggie though. Robert was kind iffy on the whole sandwhich making thing as he said he wasn't good at it (remember he worked at Atlanta Bread Co. when we first moved here).
After leaving the sandwich shop, we cut through the parking lot and noticed that Edibles http://www.ediblearrangements.com/ was hiring too. We had nothing else to do that day, so we stopped, he went in, filled out an application and they said they would call him soon for an interview. They were looking for a delivery driver and customer service.
Also last week he went to this printer type shop place in Cedar Hill and applied. Well he had an interview this past Monday and it went really really well. So well in fact, they called him today and want a second interview this Friday! He hopes he gets this job...he would be getting $9/hr...and that's just part time too. :)
Then this afternoon, Edibles calls and asks if he can come in tomorrow for an interview, so he is going to that too. Busy guy... :)
He is enjoying is drawing 'job' and his boss I guess you can call her really loves his stuff as well. I think he has to do 2 drawings this week. Last week he did 3.
Church is going just fine! This past Sunday a 12 year old sister in Christ got baptized. It was a blessing to be able to see that. :)
I paid for a 2009 edition Mennonite Church Directory (conservative Mennonite, Beachy Amish, ect) so if any of you would like me to see if there is a church in your area, just let me know what state you are in. :)
I also got to chat with Janet (ministers wife) and one of the things she asked me was 'are we meeting your needs, are the sisters reaching out to you enough?' I told her I wouldn't be coming back if my needs weren't being met. :)
I wish we lived closer so I can be more active, but alas, Yahweh has me where he has me for a reason. And I am fine with that.
Well I hope each and every one of you are happy and doing good! It's amazing how pretty soon we will be in February!
May you keep your eyes looking up and your hearts surrendered to Yahweh.
~ Dawn

4 comments:
What a lovely post! I enjoyed reading your thoughts. You wrote, "I share my optimism with my husband, and he helps me keep my head out of the clouds." Isn't it great how the Lord brings two very different people together, to balance out what's missing in the other. I could use more of that peace that passes understanding. This was a blessing to me, Dawn, thank you :-)
I'm the optimist in our family and my husband is the realist and it works out pretty well most of the time.
Praying that one of those jobs works out and that your husband enjoys it.
Many blessings.
That is good you can leave all your cares and worries with our Father in Heaven. He is ever ready to help us. The challenge is to leave them there and not pick them up again like you said!
Be faithful!
Hi Dawn,
Would you mind looking to see if there are any Mennonite churches close to Knoxville, TN?
So glad to hear Robert got the job!!!
In Him,
Darelina
Post a Comment