The other day the UPS truck dropped off a package for me. Mom said she had sent me something she ordered off QVC and that I would be getting it soon. I tried to get it out of her what it was (what I usually do when she buys me something and won't tell me...lol) but I had to wait.
And this was it.
I opened that box and explosion of scented apples filled my house...lol. I love it!!! Imagine the aroma when I actually unwrap everything. :-)
To let you know what everything is, there is a bottle of potpourri spray, an apple / cinnamon polyspray, a cinnamon spice air freshener, fresh cut apple jar candle, that big cake candle is in the scent of caramel apple spice and smells like Heaven, the green check plate, the basket with potpourri, and a small candle holder.
Thank you Mommy!!!!
I love the fall / winter scents, esp. now that Texas is slowly cooling off. Our a/c has been off for 3 or 4 days now as it's gotten really cool at night and it just keeps the house cool all day long. :-)
I like waking up in the morning and walking downstairs to feel the chill in the air. I think the fireplace and lack on insulation keep it cool in the home.
I really wish we had screens on the windows / doors so we can open them without the bugs and / or stray kitties wandering inside.
Tomorrow we take back the rental car. I don't even want to know how much that bill is going to be...ouch...
I put the new tags on our car this morning and the sticker thing for the windshield and went to get gas. I think after lunch I will take it through the car wash. It's been sitting in the driveway for about 3 weeks untouched so it's gotten rather dusty.
I am making refried beans, rice and tortillas for lunch that we'll enjoy once beloved gets home from his first college class.
Tomorrow he has no classes so we are going job hunting for him. Maybe Saturday as well. We have fun doing that together. Hopefully something will pop up. Either way though I know God is our ultimate provider and He never fails. :-) HalleluYAH!
Oh yeah...the Anabaptist thoughts...lol. Well yesterday I was able to go out to the Mennonite church for the Bible study / music lesson.
The devotion was on these few Scriptures... Psalm 139, Revelations 20, II Cor. 5:10, II Cor. 10:5, and Col. 3:17. When you get a moment today, take the time to look them up and ponder on them. They will bless you!
Bro. James Martin and his whole family this time came over from the Gray's Prairie Mennonite Church in Scurry Texas.
Before going on to teach us some more musical things, he gave us the history of the Anabaptist hymnals which I thought was really neat to learn.
I thought I would share this knowledge with you.
* Ausbund (1564)~ What the Amish and Mennonites first used till they came to America from Europe. The Old Order Amish still use it. Has lots of martyrs songs in it.
* UGB (1804)~ The first Hymnal. Produced by the Mennonites in PA. Still used by Old Order Mennonites. UGB is abbreviated for some long, huge German name that I couldn't pronounce or write for that matter. :-)
* Hymns and Tunes (1890)~ Has 4 full part singing with shaped notes. This caused division in some Mennonite churches.
*Church and Sunday School Hymnal (1902)~ Helped church go from German to English.
*Life Songs (1916)~ Had lots of Gospel and Missionary songs, never really caught on.
*Church Hymnal (1927)~ Had older hymns and catered more to the German heritage.
* Life songs #2 (1938)
*Songs of the church (1953)
*Mennonite Hymnal (1969)~ still used in Mennonite Conference churches today.
*Christian Hymnal (1959)~ produced by the Holdemann Mennonites.
* The Christian Hymnary (1972)
At the church here in Grandview Texas, we sing from The Christian Hymnary and Christian Hymnal.
Well I just thought I would share that little tidbit of information with you as I thought that piece of history was neat!
Mmmmmm the beans are making this whole house smell sooooo yummy!!!! Hurry Robert...come home already!!! :-)
Take care and have a happy Thursday!!
God Loves You. Love Him Back!
* UGB (1804)~ The first Hymnal. Produced by the Mennonites in PA. Still used by Old Order Mennonites. UGB is abbreviated for some long, huge German name that I couldn't pronounce or write for that matter. :-)
* Hymns and Tunes (1890)~ Has 4 full part singing with shaped notes. This caused division in some Mennonite churches.
*Church and Sunday School Hymnal (1902)~ Helped church go from German to English.
*Life Songs (1916)~ Had lots of Gospel and Missionary songs, never really caught on.
*Church Hymnal (1927)~ Had older hymns and catered more to the German heritage.
* Life songs #2 (1938)
*Songs of the church (1953)
*Mennonite Hymnal (1969)~ still used in Mennonite Conference churches today.
*Christian Hymnal (1959)~ produced by the Holdemann Mennonites.
* The Christian Hymnary (1972)
At the church here in Grandview Texas, we sing from The Christian Hymnary and Christian Hymnal.
Well I just thought I would share that little tidbit of information with you as I thought that piece of history was neat!
Mmmmmm the beans are making this whole house smell sooooo yummy!!!! Hurry Robert...come home already!!! :-)
Take care and have a happy Thursday!!
God Loves You. Love Him Back!

20 comments:
Dawn those are so cute!!! Your really lucky to have such a sweet mom.
Ruth
Hi Dawn,
Are yall still thinking of driving up here in October sometime? I have a 4 day weekend mid-month. Maybe I could come down there for a visit? That would be much fun. And maybe I could visit your church. That would be an even bigger blessing! The hymnary lesson seems fascinating!
Drop me a note-
~Anna
I have a copy of The Christian Hymnary at our house :)
Those gifts are so cute:) Isn't it fun getting packages in the mail..they look like they smell like heaven I love fruity scents and I love fall and winter:) Blessings and have a good weekend!!
Jennifer
Mommies love to spoil their children sometimes... no matter what their age. I'll be praying that your husband finds a job he likes soon!
The gifts are so cute! What a lucky gal you are =-)
I always love getting little surprise gifts like this in the mail. I'm hosting a fall swap on my blog and I'm looking forward to what my parter surprises me with!
What a beautiful gift and what a thoughtful mom you have!
Your mother sent you some really lovely things. What is Robert studying in College? Has he given up his job in the bakery? Since you don't have children yet, have you thought of getting a job to help out with the finances?
Aww, what a sweet package she sent you. I miss getting special little things like that from my mom. She used to always do that kind of thing too.
I know it can be hard when hubby is having job troubles. I hope he finds something soon!!
Victoria,
He is studying film and video in college, I think...lol. Or is it something to do with computers? I forgot.
Atlanta Bread Co. stopped giving him hours, but yet they still have him on their payroll. Makes no sense.
See originally the Army was supposed to give us the $20,000 for separation pay and yet we haven't seen that. We are constantly on the finance people because he was promised that and it's in print in his orders, so we have proof if all of a sudden someone says 'you aren't supposed to get that'. We were going to live off that till he finishes his semester in December.
Also, the VA (Veterans Affairs) is 'supposed' to be paying him to go to school, but they are dragging their feet with the paperwork and it seems like we have to call them every day to light a fire under their tooshies! The VA likes to take their time as I am not the only one that has had problems with them holding on to money that is originally the soldiers.
But we will continue to pester them.
In order for me to get a job, we'd have to buy another vehicle, which for a used reliable car is about $7,000-$8,000.
Then there is the insurance which will be about $125/month, or more depending on the year of the car.
And gas... $35/week.
Cant forget I may have to buy a new wardrobe, I won't even put the price on that.
It's not worth it. We would have to go take out a loan just for me to go to work! LOL...makes no sense.
God will provide. He always does. I am not worried. :-)
Thank you everyone for the lovely comments! Ya'll have made my morning!
Hugs,
Dawn
Dawn,
Thank you so much for stopping by! We love apple/cinnamon smells in our home. Most of fall I have a pot of simmering apple cider with cloves and cinnamon. You have a blessed weekend!
What a sweet Mom you have. Your goodies look lovely. I bet the aroma really helps bring Fall into the house.
~Blessings
What a sweet treat from your mom! I love the scent of spiced apples! I thought that it was starting to cool off here in Texas, but I heard on the weather this morning that we are supposed to see a high of 90 degrees today! Yuck! I sure am enjoying the beautiful cool mornings... how about you?:)
Hi Dawn,
Thanks for stopping by my blog. God is awesome! Your gifts from your mom are so sweet.
I'm not sure about God's Word translation. I just like to go to Crosswalk.com and read the different translations on a verse. Sometimes it really makes me think about the verse instead of just thinking it means what I have always thought it means. LOL Does that make sense at all? God bless you and your family.
I *love* apples and cinnamon and all the scents that flow this time of year! My house has been smelling like that for a week now with all the apple canning going on and it's wonderful! What a great blessing gift to receive.
Loved the hymnal information as well. We have Christian Hymnal here and I have ordered Hymnary for us as well.
Deanna
I always enjoy reading about your life in the US. Too bad we never got to meet while you were still in Germany ... maybe sometime in the US :).
Btw I'm quite sure that GB in the "UGB" stands for "Gesangbuch" which is the German word for hymnal.
Hugs from Germany!
I can just smell those yummy little treats you received! Mmmm...
I grew up with Songs of the Church at my Church of Christ! Do Anabaptists sing acapella?
Yes, Anabaptists sing A Capella. :)
I bet your house smells amazing right about now! :)
http://gosplgirl.livejournal.com
Post a Comment