BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, August 16, 2008


Today would have been my dad's 64th birthday had he still been alive. 64...I think...he was born in 1944, so I think that's right.
With all the chaos of moving and unpacking and other things I haven't thought about dad really till a few days ago when I asked Robert if we should do anything special on this day. We both drew a blank.
It would be great to go to the cemetary and visit his grave, but alas, that is in Indiana. We are thinking of making a trip to Indiana next year as Robert has yet to meet some cousins of mine, plus he has never had a true White Castle so we have to go! Frozen White Castle's just do not compare to the real thing.


Yesterday in the mail Robert got a traffic violation (got to love those cameras on the lights). It was when we were renting one of the rental cars and the camera got him going though a red light at some intersection. Got nifty pictures of the car and all!
So there goes $75. When I told Robert about it last night he was like 'oh yeah...I remember going through that light'. Doh!

This morning we were woken up by several drunk or high possibly teenagers next door. It was 3:45 a.m. and all you heard was 'f' this, 'f' that and these teenage girls with fake laughs at some wanna be gangster teenage boy.
They caught me staring at them through the window and yelled something and I just walked off and turned the a/c unit higher so we could drown out their yappings. Robert had to get up at 5:30 a.m. to open the store so he wasn't a happy camper that his sleep got interuppted.
We keep a heavy chain with a padlock around our fence door / gate so nobody comes in our yard and this morning just affirmed I am glad we did. :-)
Hopefully we both can get better sleep tonight.

I think Robert only works till noon which is good because I need to run to Wal-Mart or Target and get some Rubbermaid tub storage things to store under the bed so I can continue to eliminate boxes.
I have a Goodwill bag started as well and also the trash bags.
Robert has lots of military gear he has collected over the years and we plan on looking for a military surplus store who will buy this stuff as he no longer wants it.
We really have no room for it all.

Well I must begin my day, bleary eyed and all. :-)

Weekend blessings my lady bugs! Hee hee hee :-)

~ Dawn

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are staying busy Dawn. I've had company for a week or so and haven't been online much but wanted to see what you've been up to.
My dad is buried in Indiana too. Were you originally from Indiana? I know you've said that your mom is in Florida (my oldest dd's beloved is from North Port)and that you had lived here as well, but that doesn't mean you had always been in FL.
Hope your weekend goes nicely and that you get lots of unpacking and sorting done.
Take care.
Michelle

Anita Ann said...

I'm sure there is a noise curfew, call the police.

Mrs. D said...

I wish I could hop over and help you unpack! Sounds like you're definately getting settled in :). Have a great week!
Btw I finally posted some wedding pics :)

DonnaB said...

Sometimes young people need a flash forward 10 - 20 years when they will be upset about someone interrupting their precious sleep. I hope you and your husband get your rest in the next few days.

Patty said...

Oh sorry about the noisy neighbors. Thats not nice.
Oh we keep a list of the red light cams in Ft worth so we remember to be EXTRA careful when going through that area.
Your dad and my sister were born in the same year and Emery was born in 1946 so pretty close in age. My mom passed away at age 65 and it was such a loss, one that never goes away, just the pain lessens a bit with the passing of the years.

Holly said...

Dawn, I've never commented before, though I love reading your blog. I think you are one of the most positive people I've ever encountered!

I had to write because we have some of the same issues with noise...and my hubbo is gone often. I have been able to sleep soundly ever since we got...

a DOG.

I urge you to do the same. Not only are they wonderful companions - but they're early warning systems (barking at anyone coming to the door), they keep you fit (because you gotta walk 'em!) and they are the proven best deterrent to crime. I recommend heading down to your local pound and adopting an adult dog if you don't have time for the puppy training.

It'll be the best investment you've ever made, I promise.