BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Well...


There are still a myriad of boxes in the living room, but not as much. Most of it's Robert's military gear he has collected over the years that we plan on getting rid of here shortly. Hopefully one of these military surplus stores does the buy-sell thing.
Robert has today, tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday off from work so we are determined to get the unpacking finished once and for all.
I have several hefty bags awaiting it's turn to go to the thrift store and I have a bag filled with plus size ladies clothes and mens pants that I am going to offer to you all on this blog first for a low price before I put it on eBay.
I will let you know ahead of time when I am about to post it all just in case some of you are interested.
It will be OAQFPL's virtual botique! At least for a few days :)
Robert is putting together a bookshelf we got at Big Lots. Big Lots always has cool home furnishings.
We did buy a bookshelf from Wal-Mart the night before but it was missing some pieces and then Robert broke a piece out of frustration at the thing so now it's laying in pieces till we call and get some replacement parts for it.
Wal-Mart's bookcase is a lot more complicated than Big Lots' that's for sure.
It hasn't been so hot here thankfully, so the house stays rather cool all day without the a/c running. I hope this means fall is coming. When does fall appear in Texas anyway?
Gas is $3.43 as of today. Every time we go fill up, it's went down $.10 or so. It's a blessing!
We have been going to Half-Price books and dropping Robert's manga and comic books off for money.
I love that store, it's really a wonderful place I can spend all day in, but they really don't give much money for $100 worth of comics and manga. I won't tell you how much Robert got for it all because it's kind of embarrasing.
The cool thing was is I got about 7 cookbooks (one of them I used to have in my collection I got stolen so I was happy to buy that back) for real cheap!
Got to start bulding my cookbook collection back up.
Besides the hubby's military gear, we also want to get rid of his massive toy collection. Lots of Star Wars and Transformers stuff still in their original packaging.
What do we do with them? Do you know of any stores that will buy them?
I really don't want to e-Bay them and we don't want to give them to Goodwill....
We will be looking for a kitty cat and used car soon as well. :)
Ooooo hubby just finished the bookcase so I can go unpack another box! Wooohooo!!
God Bless,
Dawn

7 comments:

Anita Ann said...

I know some boys who like Star Wars! You could try a collectibles shop.

Sarah said...

Oh, honey, fall won't be here for quite some time! I live about an hour from you. I have lived in Texas all my life, and the weather will play tricks on you all year long! There is a saying, "If you don't like the weather in Texas, wait a minute and it will change." The mornings and evenings will start to get cool in late September. It won't get consistantly cold until late November or early December. By the way, I can't wait to see what clothes you are offering up!

Victoria said...

If you have some toys etc in their original boxes and have a place to store them do so because they could be quite valuable years down the track.

Mary Jo said...

My DH collects the Star Wars and Transformers and stuff and it gets to the point where he has too many so he has to par down to what he absolutly want's to keep. When he sells he usulay does to a guy in the back of Toy Fair magazine. He makes a list of the toys and their condition and then e-mails it the guy then e-mails back the quote. You have to mail the toys to him which means postage but it still comes out better than most local toy shops. HTH.

Brenda said...

Ha ha ha you're so funny! We don't have fall in Texas! :)

What we choose to call fall, however, comes in late October.

Motherofmany said...

when we lived in houston/pearland, the first thing we noticed was the lack of fall or winter..it was warm enough on thanksgiving that people were having cookouts! and it was still in the upper 80s in december.
one of the many reasons i was glad to move!! its weird to see everything green in blooming when its supposed to be winter.

Kaira said...

If you don't sell off all of those toys, I know my boys would love them... however, they would love them in a "love them to pieces" kind of way and not in a "save them for money" kind of way. If you decide to offer them up on here I'd probably buy some.

Good luck with all the unpacking! I think your new blog look is pretty.