There was a total of 137 items (includes boxes, bookcases,shelves,the bed, the futon, etc) that the movers unloaded. I think Robert and I have unpacked maybe 20 or so boxes so far.
We are taking it rather slowly this unpacking thing because it is really frustrating.
See in Germany, I had to unpack everything all by myself because Robert had to work so he is now seeing how insane this is and is getting to be like me where I just want to toss everything out the window. :)
But that's the reason we are doing things slowly...so we don't lose our mind.
The great part is..... WE HAVE OUR BED!!!!!!! Hooray!!!!! It is so nice and wonderful to sleep on our bed again. I couldn't deflate that air mattress fast enough :-)
The movers were very kind. One of them, he took our old television and our vaacume cleaner as his had broke and he needed a new one. :)
Glad we were able to help.
The other mover is a huge blessing. He is having his friend come by next week to hopefully hook up our water line to the fridge so we can get ice and water and he is going to do some repairs on something for us.
We filed our claim for the stuff that was stolen from the first shipment and are waiting to hear back from them still.
Oh...get this...as if our lives aren't hectic enough.
We went yesterday to try and get the car registered and the lady was like 'because your car is coming from overseas you will have to see a theft officer to make sure your car isn't stolen or illegal before you can register it'. Ugh!!!!! We are upset because when we picked up the car last month the people there told us 'all you need is this paper to get your tags'.
Then when we got the car inspected last week the guy was like 'you will need this to get your tags' and hands me a piece of paper stating my car passed inspection.
And now this lady tells us we need to find a theft officer dude before we can get tags. ARGH!!!!!!!
All this to put a Texas plate on my car.... unreal.
Well I need to go wake up the husband so we can begin our day as we have lots to do before he goes to work tonight.
It's already 11 a.m.! Eeeek!
God Bless,
Dawn

7 comments:
Unpacking is not much fun....but as long as you have plenty of time, its not so bad.
We have lots of stolen cars from Mexico in Texas so I think they are extra cautious of any car that is coming from another country.
Wow all them boxes..happy unpacking, sounds like fun..lol..If i lived in texas i would be happy to help:)err maybe..lol..just kidding:) Hope you have a awesome weekend my dear sister in christ.
Jennifer
Oh good grief.
I wish I could help you unpack. We would have a blast! :)
Beds are always nice! lol My first apartment was a studio and about 500 sq ft. I slept on the couch. It wasn't too bad, but having a bed is much nicer!
A BED!!!! What a WONDERFUL thing, no? Especially after all those sleepless nights spent on government furniture in Germany!
I did a major happy dance when our bed came off of that moving truck!
Could be worse, you could have been "blessed" with 375 items on the inventory like we had! LOL
So glad to hear that all is sort-of going well in your new place. Stinks to have such animated neighbors waking you up!
Looks like my house. We moved to Paraguay last week.
I know you will have the house looking great once you get things unpacked.
Sorry to hear you are having a time with the vehicle tags. But things will work out as GOD planned.
~Blessings
Post a Comment