BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Yes!!!!!!!


The housing inspector came at 8 a.m.. Nice old gentleman. Did a quick look through which took 60 seconds, then we sat down and he did the paperwork to terminate our quarters and we handed him the keys and that was it!
I don't think all that hard work we did was in vain though. I told Robert that had we not did a thourough cleaning of everything, he may have found something wrong and we would have had to do it all over again.
When we had our pre inspection the guy said we needed to sweep the whole stairwell, the laundry room, basement, etc. We did. But this inspector today didn't even go down there to look! Oh well.
The apartment looks just like to did when we moved in. Clean and shiny. Could use a paint job though. :-)
Well who cares now. We are freeeeeeeee!!!!!!! :-)
Robert was going to go sign out of his unit today. Then tomorrow we turn off the Internet, pay the phone bill and that's done with.
We also will be visiting the finance office tomorrow which I am going to go with Rob to that because we have a lot of money coming our way and I just want to make sure when we get it and the amount after taxes.
Since Robert has me do the finances in our relationship, I have to keep on top of things like that.
Payday is today. Hooray! :-)
Our hotel stay today, tomorrow, and Thursday is being paid for by the Army. But since we have been here since the 26th, we had to pay for those extra 5 days and we did so today.
I was floored when the man at the desk told me the total was $402.50!!! For what??????? It's not like we are staying in a luxurious suite!
Our hotel in Texas in cheaper than this...lol.
When Robert booked the hotel I had him ask how much it would be. Robert said it was $80.50. Of course, I thought that didn't sound right but I figured maybe it's because they are shutting down, they have dropped their rates or whatever.
So when the man at the desk said $402.50 I asked Robert, "I thought it was $80.50 for the 5 days?" The man at the desk said it was $80.50 per night! *mouth drops to the floor*
Had I known that we would have stayed in our apartment a few days longer...
But what's done is done now.
And now... I can look forward to Friday!!!!!!!!
God Bless Your Tuesday!
~ Dawn

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you have everything taken care of!

Kelsey
mysweetlife.org

TeacherMommy said...

Yipes, hotel rates have definitely gone up!

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Owie that one hurt! Oh well, what is done is done and you will soon be home!

Kelli said...

I'm so glad the inspection went well, Dawn! I will pray your move and return to Texas goes smoothly!
~Kelli

Brenda said...

I wouldn't even want to see the hotel that cost $80 for 5 nights!!!

Glad you got everything done!

Anonymous said...

Wow not long now and it will all be over and you will be back in the states for good!! WooHoo!!
Have a safe trip back!

Farmhouse Blessings said...

I'm so excited that everything is working out for you even though that bill had to hurt a bit. Just keep moving forward!

I hope you get to do a little canning really soon!

Smiles,
Lea

Anonymous said...

Glad you got through the inspection!

Bev