BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Wednesday

The itty bitty hallway in our hotel room.


The kitchen

The bedroom from one angle

Bedroom from another angle..sorry for the spots...guess I oughta clean the camera lens.

Today as I was getting breakfast in the hotel lobby someone asked me if I was Amish..lol. This is what I wore today. He was a nice guy though. :-)



Inside the Real (pronounced ree-al). It's a like a huge Super WalMart, only filled with German things. :-)

Another Real picture


Hmmm what's this picture doing down here??? Well it's our little bathroom in the hotel. The itty bitty shower is too the right.



My oh my is it a hot one today. In the lower 90's...ugh...
Thankfully tomorrow will be in the 70's again. :-)
Well Robert has now out processed for good from this base. Woohooo!!
All paperwork is done and everything has been stamped and approved and now he is free!
After running around this morning getting the last few things signed we went and paid our final phone / Internet bill, then drove to Heidelberg.
Robert got some DVD's and a CD.
We ate lunch at the food court and then headed back home.
Before we got home we stopped at the Real in our town because we figured they would have air conditioning..yeah right! Ugh...I am not a fan of the heat. I don't mind the heat if there is a/c around, but heat and no a/c is rather miserable.
We bought some lemons and some gum for the plane. We are trying to use up the little bit of Euro we have left.
We went back to the hotel and rested from the heat. Mom called and we talked for 'x' amount of minutes than I did a load of laundry so I won't so much to do tomorrow.
We still have to go to the PX so we could cash a check and then we are going to drop the car we have been borrowing back to it's owner :-)
I'll make dinner afterwards and then shower and relax...pray, read my Bible...sleep...
Tomorrow Robert has a luncheon with his unit. I will be busy doing the rest of our laundry and re packing everything, making sure everything is good to go for Friday!
Well I must be going. Things on this base tend to close really really early so I need to get these errands done ASAP.
Blessings to you dear ones,
Dawn

6 comments:

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

All the lovely last minute prep stuff! LOL! It is about over though hon! Thanks for sharing the pics!

Charisms on Campus said...

I love your blog Dawn!
Your faith is really inspiring and I hope you have a safe trip home.

Out of curiosity, are you planning on converting Amish? Or are you Mennonite?
May God bless always!
Avital

Anonymous said...

Nice room! :)

Bev

Laura Ashley said...

LOL An Amish person wouldn't marry someone in the military. They are pacifist right? That is a NICE hotel though. Sounds like you are doing good.

DonnaB said...

Someone asked me the other day if I was Mennonite because I always wear dresses! The hotel room looks very cozy!

Farmhouse Blessings said...

What a nice place ... it should be considering how much they charged you!

And you are absolutely lovely!

Smiles,
Lea