Thank God... :-)
This morning we went to Robert's University so he could get some things figured out...wow...that campus is HUGE!!! I went with him just to go and have learned next time I want to walk around that place, I need the right walking shoes on :-) It's good exercise though!
Nothing really got accomplished on this visit. But Rob is going to go back tomorrow morning to take a math test or something and visit the Veterans Affairs office and get all that squared away. I won't be going with him for that of course.
Anyway after our University visit we had our brunch at where else...Whataburger. That's Rob's favorite place in the whole world. I don't like their hamburgers but am addicted to their chicken sandwich's...yum yum :-)
After brunch we went to our home sweet home to wait for Lowe's to show up. Robert began putting together our kitchen table and I helped while keeping an eye out for that massive truck.
Eventually they came about an hour after they said they would come.
The man set up the fridge and said that he didn't see a water line for the ice/water section so we won't be able to use that yet. We are going to call and ask Paul (the previous owner of the house) to see if maybe it's buried somewhere or painted over and we didn't catch it, other wise we will have to call a plumber so they could get one installed. The Lowe's man said that there might be a water line in back of the dishwasher so who knows. But we can still use the rest of our fridge and that's what really matters right now, know what I mean?
Then he brought in the washer and hooked that up in a nano second.
Of course we couldn't try it out because we have no water (gee it would have been nice if Paul or Beverly would have told us say a week ago that we, not the HOA has to turn the water on. We figured since the water is paid for by the HOA that they would call, but we found out today that's up to us...anywho...so we will call first thing tomorrow morning).
We are brand spankin' new homeowners, we don't know much about these things.
After the Lowe's guy left we went to the Arlington mall. That place is HUGE!!!!!!! 2 stories and has an indoor ice skating rink! I don't think we walked the whole thing but what we did walk was fun.
We'll have to go back next week just to walk around. I asked Robert if he wanted to go ice skating because I think it would be great but he gave a staunch no. : /
I saw another headcovering lady at Sears. :-) I think she was Pentecostal or Holiness as she had her long hair down under the covering and was in a denim skirt, no makeup, etc. I should have said hello but I was too chicken. :-)
After trying to find our way out of the mall and to the parking lot we left and ate dinner at Red Lobster. It was alright. Of course Robert loved it. I think I will stick to Olive Garden.
As we were making our way out of the mall parking lot after dinner I spotted a LifeWay Christian bookstore and about gave Robert a heart attack when I shrieked in excitement...lol.
I had him pull over so I can go oogle and awe and buy...lol.
He went next door to Circuit City. He doesn't like Christian bookstores for some reason. I guess maybe because they don't have much Catholic stuff in there? Who knows... maybe it's just not his cup of tea, ya know?
Anywho, I bought a few CD's, stickers, boxed greeting cards and a few books and it was on sale!
Oh how I have missed Christian bookstores! I feel so at home there.
After coming off of cloud 9, we went back to the hotel where I did a load of laundry and we snacked on some meats and cheeses.
I want to thank you ladies who left comments in my comment section on yesterdays post!!! It sure is good to be Americanized again! You gals are awesome and I appreciate you all!!!
Michelle ~ my hubby is the one who is into the eco friendly light bulbs and I showed him what you typed and he just shrugged it off....sigh...oh well...maybe he will re read it soon again.
Patty ~ Thank you for telling the Bishop about me!!!! I can't wait to go to a service there in Grandview!!! I probably won't get out there though till things settle down some. :-)
While I am there of course we'll have to visit! I can't wait to visit the Mennonite store...I have never been in one. I guess I should also bring lots of money with me too because Heaven knows I will buy one of everything in there. :-)
Oh we found out that our 'unaccompanied baggage' which was shipped June 4th will be delivered to our home sweet home on the 11th! Hooray!!! The same day we get out of this ghetto hotel! :-)
Tomorrow morning we will go have breakfast somewhere, then call and get our water turned on and call the place in Dallas to see if our car is there yet. Plus Rob is going to go to the University to take the math placement test and visit the VA office.
In the evening one of Paul's associates, I think his name is Chris or something, is coming to our house to see why only some of the lights work and to answer the rest of our questions since Paul is out of town.
We'll also have to go to the bank and cash a check and make a Wal-Mart run so I can get a scrub brush and new vaacume cleaner. The movers packed our old one so it will be here in August but it's a piece of junk and I forgot to throw it away before hand.
Maybe we will start buying some food as well.
On our last Wal-Mart run we bought a 20 lb. bag of rice and a 20 lb. bag of pinto beans...lol. Hey it was Robert's idea! Not mine. :-)
I just looked at the clock and seen it's way past midnight already, so I best be scootin! Sad thing is is I am not even tired yet...
God Bless you my ladies! Take care and be safe tomorrow!!!
Hugs,
Dawn
This morning we went to Robert's University so he could get some things figured out...wow...that campus is HUGE!!! I went with him just to go and have learned next time I want to walk around that place, I need the right walking shoes on :-) It's good exercise though!
Nothing really got accomplished on this visit. But Rob is going to go back tomorrow morning to take a math test or something and visit the Veterans Affairs office and get all that squared away. I won't be going with him for that of course.
Anyway after our University visit we had our brunch at where else...Whataburger. That's Rob's favorite place in the whole world. I don't like their hamburgers but am addicted to their chicken sandwich's...yum yum :-)
After brunch we went to our home sweet home to wait for Lowe's to show up. Robert began putting together our kitchen table and I helped while keeping an eye out for that massive truck.
Eventually they came about an hour after they said they would come.
The man set up the fridge and said that he didn't see a water line for the ice/water section so we won't be able to use that yet. We are going to call and ask Paul (the previous owner of the house) to see if maybe it's buried somewhere or painted over and we didn't catch it, other wise we will have to call a plumber so they could get one installed. The Lowe's man said that there might be a water line in back of the dishwasher so who knows. But we can still use the rest of our fridge and that's what really matters right now, know what I mean?
Then he brought in the washer and hooked that up in a nano second.
Of course we couldn't try it out because we have no water (gee it would have been nice if Paul or Beverly would have told us say a week ago that we, not the HOA has to turn the water on. We figured since the water is paid for by the HOA that they would call, but we found out today that's up to us...anywho...so we will call first thing tomorrow morning).
We are brand spankin' new homeowners, we don't know much about these things.
After the Lowe's guy left we went to the Arlington mall. That place is HUGE!!!!!!! 2 stories and has an indoor ice skating rink! I don't think we walked the whole thing but what we did walk was fun.
We'll have to go back next week just to walk around. I asked Robert if he wanted to go ice skating because I think it would be great but he gave a staunch no. : /
I saw another headcovering lady at Sears. :-) I think she was Pentecostal or Holiness as she had her long hair down under the covering and was in a denim skirt, no makeup, etc. I should have said hello but I was too chicken. :-)
After trying to find our way out of the mall and to the parking lot we left and ate dinner at Red Lobster. It was alright. Of course Robert loved it. I think I will stick to Olive Garden.
As we were making our way out of the mall parking lot after dinner I spotted a LifeWay Christian bookstore and about gave Robert a heart attack when I shrieked in excitement...lol.
I had him pull over so I can go oogle and awe and buy...lol.
He went next door to Circuit City. He doesn't like Christian bookstores for some reason. I guess maybe because they don't have much Catholic stuff in there? Who knows... maybe it's just not his cup of tea, ya know?
Anywho, I bought a few CD's, stickers, boxed greeting cards and a few books and it was on sale!
Oh how I have missed Christian bookstores! I feel so at home there.
After coming off of cloud 9, we went back to the hotel where I did a load of laundry and we snacked on some meats and cheeses.
I want to thank you ladies who left comments in my comment section on yesterdays post!!! It sure is good to be Americanized again! You gals are awesome and I appreciate you all!!!
Michelle ~ my hubby is the one who is into the eco friendly light bulbs and I showed him what you typed and he just shrugged it off....sigh...oh well...maybe he will re read it soon again.
Patty ~ Thank you for telling the Bishop about me!!!! I can't wait to go to a service there in Grandview!!! I probably won't get out there though till things settle down some. :-)
While I am there of course we'll have to visit! I can't wait to visit the Mennonite store...I have never been in one. I guess I should also bring lots of money with me too because Heaven knows I will buy one of everything in there. :-)
Oh we found out that our 'unaccompanied baggage' which was shipped June 4th will be delivered to our home sweet home on the 11th! Hooray!!! The same day we get out of this ghetto hotel! :-)
Tomorrow morning we will go have breakfast somewhere, then call and get our water turned on and call the place in Dallas to see if our car is there yet. Plus Rob is going to go to the University to take the math placement test and visit the VA office.
In the evening one of Paul's associates, I think his name is Chris or something, is coming to our house to see why only some of the lights work and to answer the rest of our questions since Paul is out of town.
We'll also have to go to the bank and cash a check and make a Wal-Mart run so I can get a scrub brush and new vaacume cleaner. The movers packed our old one so it will be here in August but it's a piece of junk and I forgot to throw it away before hand.
Maybe we will start buying some food as well.
On our last Wal-Mart run we bought a 20 lb. bag of rice and a 20 lb. bag of pinto beans...lol. Hey it was Robert's idea! Not mine. :-)
I just looked at the clock and seen it's way past midnight already, so I best be scootin! Sad thing is is I am not even tired yet...
God Bless you my ladies! Take care and be safe tomorrow!!!
Hugs,
Dawn


14 comments:
So glad that you're settling in so nicely. I can just read the excitment in your post and I'm so happy for you!
Blessings,
Lea
You have been one busy lady the last few days as your last three posts described. Your new home looks lovely and I'm so excited for you and your husband. Hope all the remaining details fall into place for you. Blessings!
I am so glad you are having a wonderful time finding your american feet again!!
Hey don't forget to email me your new address!!
Which reminds me I have to email you anyway...I have a mission for you!!....have I got you curious? :)
Wow, Dawn, sounds like you have your hands full right now. Do you have 'people' you can talk to about the home owning stuff? It's a big step from base housing to ownership, as we learned when we moved to Texas 7 years ago.
I also wanted to mention about WalMart... Of course it's up to you to decide if you want to do anything with this information... Walmart signed a contract with Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce to give preference to G/L owned companies (about 3 years ago), and they increasingly stock 'made in China' products, AND now they are catering to Muslims. 3 Huge issues for us, and we haven't been in WalMart for several years now. If you want more info on any of those items, you can drop me an email. But now I've got it off my chest, I won't bother you about it anymore. :-)
I love your blog Dawn,
it's great to see you're
enjoying the usa again!
May God help your move
go even smoother :)
P.S- I wish I had a Christian
bookstore near me too :( heehee
-Avital
Welcome back to America!!! So glad you made it home safe and sound!! I am enjoying reading of all your happenings since you got home!! Nice to know your settling in well..God Bless
Jennifer
Hi, I've been reading ur blog for awhile and I noticed u mentioned your husband's Catholic, Just wondering were you plain when you guys were married? Or did it happen after and if so what denomination or type of church did you attend before?
Jess
Kinda sad about the Mennonite owned store, they just shut down the bakery and deli, just too much work for them, so now its just bulk goods and some books and sewing needs like invisable zippers and plain fabric.
If you like Indian food there is a good restaurant on Cooper, up closer to UT from the mall. Star of India is the name.
We often go to Hong Kong Market up in that neck of the woods for cheap produce too.
Haven't been to that mall in maybe 15 years : )
UT Arlington has more crime than the other universities so be careful. Robery and rape are common sad to say.
Thanks for replying! Absolutely understand - you must honor your husband's wishes!
Blessings! have fun settling in.
"Walmart signed a contract with Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce to give preference to G/L owned companies."
Hmmm. Isn't that discrimination against everyone else? If Wal-Mart pulled that move with Christian owned companies or African American owned companies everyone would go through the roof!! Oh brother... You just watch! The Lavender Mafia is going to rule America... Well, it already is to a large extent.
Dawn, I'm so happy for you! How wonderful that you are HOME and in your own home!! Now, email me your mailing addy already LOL!!!
God bless!!
I am just catching up on my blog reading and not only are you in the States again, you are giving the stores a run for their *ahem* money.
I am so glad that you folks are getting settled and have your very own home.
I must say, the sheer amount of activity that you are writing about makes me feel lazy ;)
Take care and welcome home!!!
P.S. Wataburger has the bestest burgers in the whole wide world!!
(I used to live in Texas) ;)
I have 2 things to ask you about. Your blog is entitled 'On a Quest for Plain Living'. You seem to shop a lot. I can understand the excitement of being back home, but I cannot see the reasoning of going to 6 different Walmarts... I may be wrong but I thought plain living involved giving up more worldly conveniences?? Is Whataburger part of plain living? Or do you just pretend to be striving for plain living, but really you just can't resist the temptations of consumerism?? The other thing I wanted to ask about was, I noticed you left an encouraging comment on Candy's blog. She runs your husbands faith through the mud and claims he is going to hell, and you support her?
Hi Me,
even plain folk shop to set up housekeeping. Huge weddings with many gifts usually supply the couple with most of the things they need, but they still have to shop and if you were not raised in a plain church and don't have a huge wedding with tons of gifts, then you have to shop when you are starting out. Only Amish go without modern appliances and they don't have internet. Plain living mennonites have washing machines. If you would like to visit a plain mennonite fellowship, you can go to this site http://www.anabaptists.org/clp/locator.html to find where one is near you, which would help you to understand more about the plain life.
HI Dawn
Glad you made it safe to Texas. Hope all is going well getting settled in. Just interested in contacting you because of your interest in plain living. I grew up Mennonite but left them because of needing to follow Jesus closer. I'm wishing to email with you. Love Joanna
www.homeschoolblogger.com/walkinginthelight/
Post a Comment