
Things are going smoothly for our mini trip to Texas.
We booked our airline tickets February 14th. They were €1,140 or the equivalent to $1,900! Ouch! Thank God for savings!
Today I book us a rental car from the airport. The total for having it a week with tax was $175. Not bad at all. And it's unlimited miles within Texas!
And I booked us a hotel room in Grand Prairie. The room is $60 plus tax, so we are looking at $360 or a little more for that.
Now, the fun part this week is getting in touch with the realtors of the houses we have seen online that we liked and set up showing dates. Oh fun...lol. I think I will leave that to my husband. :-) I'll dial the numbers, he can talk :-)
Keep us in prayer as we hopefully get a home. Well not hopefully, we need a home period...lol. But keep us in prayer that we find one within our budget and also that we don't get scammed. I am hoping the realtors we contact will be honest and truthful and not beat around the bush. I can't stand that! If something is wrong with the house, just tell us! Know what I mean?
Hope you all have a blessed Monday!
Love,
Dawn (20 days away from our mini trip to Texas)
Monday, March 10, 2008
So far so good!
Posted by Dawn at 9:19 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Get any house you are serious about, i-n-s-p-e-c-t-e-d. Every little thing. Also, check for termintes and make sure the roof is tight. Can't tell you how many times I've personally heard sob stories about, "They didn't say the roof leaked!"
I second the inspection! Get a third party inspection, that is the one thing I regret not doing. We got lucky and the house isn't falling down, but there are things we should have negotiated down on the price.
Mary Jo
good luck with your house hunt
Good luck with finding a house:) I bet your excited to be coming back to the USA!!
if you can't find anything affordable in that neck of the woods, things are much cheaper in Johnson County where we are and its not that far from Arlington.
How exciting! I hope everything works out for you and your husband with finding the home in Texas. Maybe whenever we move to Arizona we'll take a ride out and visit you!
Are you going to be in Texas for a week then?? I missed that because I was too busy sleeping for the past week hahaha! I'll be praying my head off for you that you find a house! Hire an inspector and have them go through that house with a fine tooth comb - I've had lots of intelligent friends and family members decide on a wonderful house...until the inspector takes a look at it and finds all sorts of hidden things wrong!!!!
How exciting Dawn! I'll miss having you over here in Europe with me but I'll be SO HAPPY for you to be back home and living in your own house! I promise I'll come visit some day!!!!!
GOD BLESS!
Michelle Therese
you know i live in texas right?! i live 20 min near the oklahoma line.
Post a Comment