BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, March 9, 2008

A thrift store find





On Saturday Robert and I went to Mannheim and dropped some stuff off at the thrift store there on base and lo and behold, the place was actually open! We had never been there prior so we took advantage of it.
It was a nice place.

In case some of you don't know what that is in the above picture, it's an Amish doll. Got it for $2.50. Also got some velcro, brand new (for my coverings) for .50.

Hooray for thrift stores! :-)

Enjoy your Sunday ladies...and gentlemen (if they read my blog).

~ Dawn ~

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love that doll. I have been searching for one online. They cost more then I can spend. You got a wonderful deal. I love thrift stores. The only one I can find is in Arlington. So I don't go often.

Have a great day!
Rebecca

Michelle said...

That's a beautiful doll! Reminds me of Edith Flack Ackley dolls - google it, they're beautiful.

I might just have to make a blank-faced amish one similar to yours!

Jennifer said...

Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog:)You gave me some good things to think about and how I can help others and serve God,very good find at the thrift store, I loveeee your doll, it's so pretty!! You got a great find, it's exciting when you find a great thing at thrift stores. Thank you for your friendship it means a lot to me!! Love you my sister in Christ.have a blessed sunday:)
Jennifer

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

That doll is adorable! Great find!

Anonymous said...

I love that doll!!

What are you going to name her??

Blessings
Amy

Unknown said...

I love Thrift stores

Anonymous said...

i am jealous!
i have a boy and girl amish doll like this that my mom got me but they weren't that inexpensive!!
good going!