Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man.
Matthew 7:24a
We are all familiar with the story of the wise man and the foolish man. The rock, which the wise man built upon, is Jesus Christ, our Rock of salvation. If our salvation is based on our church membership, our history or genealogy, or any basis other than the blood of Christ, we are building on sand; and our house will surely fall.
How do we respond when someone inspects our foundation? If someone questions our conversion, our trust and faith, or our motives, how do we respond? If we are rebuked for sin or an inconsistency in our life is revealed, what do we think?
When we are based on the Rock, Jesus Christ, we need not have any fear or resentment when we are inspected. We can welcome opportunities to share our belief. We will know that our foundation is solid and not be ashamed. We will gladly share our experiences, victories, or failures with fellow believers.
Our part in church activities can make our foundation look good. But what if someone probes a bit? If we become angry or upset, we must check our lives. When our foundation or motives are built on sand (carnal desires or human reasoning), we will become defensive or fearful of exposure.
Let us check our lives, inspect our foundations, and make corrections where necessary. Then we need not be ashamed if someone “digs” around our foundation.
Earl Beachy, Flat Rock, IL
~We are building for eternity.~
Hello beloved bloggers.
We need not to be afraid to share our faith with others if our heart and soul is in the right place.
Don't be afraid if someone asks you why you do the things you do. Joyfully tell them. Share with them. You never know who you will lead to Christ!
On a personal note, we are so ready to get on that airplane Sunday morning.
This week Robert's unit was threating to not sign his leave form because he hadn't gotten certain things done for an inspection (yes the Army can be that cruel) and they could have cared less that we needed to find a house, etc.
But Robert got as much as he could done today and his leave form was signed (praise God), but he still has to work part of the day tomorrow to finish up what he can.
One of Robert's co workers should be taking us to the airport in the wee hours of the morning Sunday. I will have him affirm it with her tomorrow.
We change our time on Sunday (well Saturday before going to bed) so hopefully that would effect our ride. :-)
Has anyone ever seen the DVD 'Saving Sarah Cain'? I recieved my copy today from eBay and it's a wonderful wholesome movie. Those types of movies are sorely lacking today thats for sure.
This movie will sit along side my 'Christy' series, 'Little House On The Prairie' box sets, and the 'Love Comes' Softly' series. Ahhhh...pure movies with good messages and God is glorified!
Well it's 11:15 p.m. here and I still haven't hopped in the shower. Robert has been in bed for awhile. He is so very tired. The Army works him 13 hours a day or longer and he is just exhausted.
God Bless You!
Friday, March 28, 2008
Foundation Inspection (devotion)
Posted by Dawn at 5:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm happy that you are leaving Germany and moving to Texas. I know you have wanted this for a long time. How long has he been in the Army? Do you ever wished you had stayed in so you 2 could be closer during the day? Or do you think you 2 would have actually seen each other less?
I was in the Army. I got out Oct. 2004. I miss it, but I it is rough on families.
What is next for you guys? Does he have work lined up?
I will keep you kids in my thoughts and prayers. I know that right house is waiting for you.
I know you are gone now, but just wanted to say thanks for mentioning the time change. No one here announced it, and if not for your comment we'd have been late for church Sunday!
Inspiring as usual!!
Those movies sound good too. I haven't seen Christy in a long time but I'll have to look into that. I watch Little House on t.v. sometimes and I like it generally, but I'm kind of a history snob and it bugs me when things are not true-to-date. For example tonight's episode had to do with a young man (around 17 I believe) who wanted to go off on his own and everyone was telling him to go home to his father. Well in reality back then 17 was quite "grown-up" and nobody would've thought twice about him setting up his own home and family. Lifespans were considerably shorter back then, and so, so were childhoods!
Post a Comment