

















For some reason Blogger isn't allowing me to type underneath the pictures, so here they are in order for you.
1. A picture of a castle somewhere between Mannheim and Kaiserslautern.
2. An end of a beautiful Resurrection Sunday.
3. Another shot of a wonderful Sunday.
4. Me, Sis. Lisa and her daughter Cassie
5. Sis. Lisa and Cassie
6. Rev. & Sis. Bellamy and me and Robert
7. Goodbye NTCC ~ I will miss this place.
8.-18. We woke up to snow!!!! Is it Christmas or Easter? :-)
Well I hope you all had a blessed Sunday yesterday! We sure did. I can't believe it snowed! Not that I mind, but it was in the 40's earlier in the week and then all of a sudden the temperatures dropped and white stuff accumulated. So much for wearing my floral green and white dress I was going to wear, LOL. It was not made for winter weather.
Church was a blessing. It was such a bitter sweet day. After service we visited with the Bellamy's for a bit. We gave them little gifts. Like Rev. Bellamy's birthday was on Friday so we got him a card and a $25 gift card to Circuit City.
We got Sis. Bellamy an encouragement card and in there we put a $25 gift card to JCPenny's.
Then we got them a goodbye card and put a $50 Visa gift card in it. We thought they can use that for a tank of gas when they get back to America April 1st.
Also got Sis. Bellamy her favorite chocolates.
They really appreciated everything and I am glad we were able to bless them in this way.
We visited with the other brothers and sisters for a while too before we left and drove over to the base in Baumholder Germany. Baumholder is a HUGE base and it's on hills or mountains..lol. It was a very pretty scenic drive that's for sure.
We saw a baby deer and her mama grazing in the new fallen snow.
On base we went to the PX and ate at the food court, drove around and looked around, filled up on gas and headed home.
We also stopped at the Air Force base in Vogelweh to grab something to drink and I had to get some money orders.
On the way home we stopped to take a picture of this castle that we always pass by when we go to Ramstein.
It didn't come out as good as we wanted but it's good enough. :-)
Once we arrived home I made some soup and we just relaxed for the evening. All that driving made us exhausted.
From where we live to Ramstein is an hour and 15 minutes. From Ramsteim to Baumholder was 30 minutes. From Baumholder to Vogelweh was 35-40 minutes. And from Vogelweh to our home was an hour and 15 minutes, so you can see we were on the road quite a bit. But it was worth it as we most likely will not travel out that way again since the church has closed it's doors now.
I hope and pray your Easter's were as blessed as mine. I truly do because each and every one of you deserve it.
God Bless!
~ Dawn
Monday, March 24, 2008
Easter 2008
Posted by Dawn at 3:42 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Sounds like you had a good day! The snow looks beautiful! ;) I have never met the Bellamy's and from the picture I don't think I have ever seen them, so it will be exciting to meet them!
I hope you have a great week Dawn! =0
Those are some beautiful pictures! I especially like the ones of the sky. It snowed here a little on Easter Saturday. Crazy weather!!
Beauitful pictures!! Did you get my address i sent you..hope so!! I want yours cause i want to send you cards in the mail:) I love pen-pals!! Loved all the pics and glad you had a happy easter!! God Bless!!
What a wonderful day you had. Lovely pictures! Be blessed this week!
What wonderful pictures. I love still seeing snow pic's. LOL I was happy with our little snow. Just like looking at what everyone else got.
I'm glad you had a nice Easter.
Rebecca
thank you for sharing your day with us!
Post a Comment