BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, February 8, 2008

Sigh


I am still hacking away. Ugh... I think I even pulled more muscles! LOL.
Earlier in the week Robert brought home some NyQuil and some DayQuil gel caps.
Well I have used the DayQuil gel caps in the past and they never did a thing for me. Guess what? They still don't! That's a no brainer, huh? :-)
I don't think the NyQuil is doing it's job. I mean, I even take it during the day...LOL. It quiets me I supposed for a little while.
Last night I was trying to sleep but couldn't quit coughing.
I didn't want to keep interupting Robert's sleep so I grabbed my pillows and sheets and sprawled out on the living room floor.
Yes, that nice hard wood floor and my cough gave me, oh I'd say about 30 minutes of un interrupted sleep. :-(
So today while I was at the commissary I picked up some Thera Flu which I hear works well and some type of pills, I forgot the name of them, that suppress coughs.
So let's see how this stuff works...
The good news is my nose is almost cleared up.
Bad news is I feel like a mad truck ran over me and don't want to do anything :-)
So please continue to pray for me and maybe by this weekend I may return to my former self.
God Bless,
Dawn (the sleep depreived walking zombie)

6 comments:

Mary Jo said...

I hope you get to feeling better. It's horrible being sick. I have started taking Cold-Eeze when I'm having any of those symtoms. It's homeopathic and seems to really work if I take them :). My Mom swears by vitiman C over load. She says to take it until you have runny stool and then back off of it.
We have had round after round in this house this year. Yuck. I think it's because we just havn't really left the house except to go to play group where there are other kids with colds, but then I don't really have any other place to go.

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

I will keep you in my prayers. My doctor had me start taking zinc everyday for my immune system and if I should feel a cold coming on I take Zicam to head it off. Even if I do get a cold, the zicam makes it more like a little sniffle for a day or so. But taking my zinc everyday usually keeps me from getting colds!

Victoria said...

Why don't you go to the doctor?

Dawn said...

Because all they will do is give me some Robitussin and cough drops and send me on my way. Been there, done that. :-)

Besides I am feeling better actually. Just have to find the right OTC stuff to take is all :-)

God Bless,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

An otc may not be enough, depending on 2 factors, fyi: the length or duration of this cough and whether you have congestion 'expectorating': if it's color is green or 'dark' you are a prime candidate for bronchitus, which is only treatable with an antibiotic. If your claims are true, about the doctors only giving you expectorant and cough drops, then it would have to be believable that they are negligent, and you have a serious problem on your hands, if only for that reason. I do hope you get better.....

Dawn said...

Well, it is military health care...lol. If it can't be cured with Motrin or a pregnancy test then these military doctors are at a loss...lol.

But I am doing much much better, so, no need to wait a week or two to get in to see the doctors.

Thank you for your concern!