BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, February 29, 2008

Life is what you choose





The choices you've made have brought you to this point.
Where do you choose to go next?
You have learned many things from the journey that you've taken.
What do you wish to learn now?
From a vast array of possibilities, you have selected certain specific ones and successfully followed through with them.
What are the possibilities that most interest you now?
It may sometimes seem that life is what happens to you.
In truth, it is exactly the other way around.
Life is what you choose, what you do, what you think and what you create in each moment.
All the other things going on provide the space and circumstances in which you make your life happen.
What do you choose to do with this day?
Now is when you can bring your favorite dreams to life.
-- Ralph Marston



~~ I have choosen to follow Jesus, have you? I made that decision in the late summer of 2001. Oh what a blessing, what an awesome thing, to be able to know without a shadow of a doubt where I would spend Eternity.
I wish someone would have shared with me earlier in life the Good News about salvation, but alas, no one did.

Every single day, we have choices to make. Some are not easy, but they must be made nonetheless.
Life happens, we get sick, the car breaks down, the cat gets ran over, the children end up fighting. We have choices to make in how to handle these situations. Will you handle them in a Bibilcal manner or worldly manner? Take everything to the Lord in prayer beloveds.

You have a choice - to serve God or not to serve God. It's your choice, make the right decision. Your life is too precious to let it fall into the worlds snarls and grasps. Choose wisely friends.

I hope you all have a good weekend! I can't believe March is tomorrow! 2008 is going by so fast!!! I am happy about that actually, but I still would like to know what happened to Christmas...I mean, we celebrated it, but where did it go? Gone into Eternity I guess. Oh well...Christmas 2008 will be here in, oh...what...10 months? LOL.

We got our income taxes done this week. Won't say how much we are getting back, but I will say it's the most we have ever gotten and I am just so thankful for that. Not that we will spend it, it will go into our savings.
However the program was down at the tax office so we have to mail our form to the IRS. Fun huh? Hopefully it doesn't get lost. Our mail system has gotten alot worse since 2008 started. I know this base is closing soon and all, but for pitty sake, the mail room still has obligations to meet, that's all I will say. Ugh...a few more months left of this and then we will be back on US soil for good. Looking forward to getting my Priority Mail in 2-3 days instead of 2-3 weeks or longer!

I have been selling on eBay again. Mainly just to get rid of stuff as our thrift store stopped taking donations. Whatever doesn't sell, I might post some pictures up on this blog and see if any of you want the stuff and if not, I guess I will bag it up and take it to another base's thrift store.

Anywho enough of my rattling on...
You my blessed readers stay safe this weekend and keep the Lord first!

d*a*w*n

5 comments:

deb said...

Hey, like me, you are a newbie Christian. It wasn't until my early thirties that I made a commitment to Christ! I spent a lot of time wandering around, searching for truth before I became a Christian.

TeacherMommy said...

I became a Christian or "got saved" at around 18. Thing was, I was going to this church that preached salvation every single Sunday, and that was ok, that has it's place I suppose. But I was already "saved" so I'm like...ok...now what? Just go back out into the world or...? It took me a while to realize that being saved is a daily thing, a daily decision to take up that cross and follow him, whatever the cross may be. I also was very pleased to learn that the New Testament is jam packed full of practical and spiritual advice for walking the walk. I think I read it like 3 times that first year. To me reading the Bible had always been a chore before, but when you love Jesus, it's a privelage! Especially now that I'm a tired mommy who needs to go to bed...lol!

Unknown said...

great post

Darelina said...

Dawn, this was great! :)

MamaOlive said...

Hi, I just found your blog and am pleased to meet you!
I never thought to meet another military wife who wants to be Anabaptist. :-) We are stationed in England and it's a hoot.
Anyway, I hope to get to know you better in the coming weeks.