BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Don't Faint






And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

Galatians 6:9




Have you been praying for a loved one or a friend? Perhaps you have prayed for something you thought you really needed. How about that particular job that you so desired to have?



Maybe you have been praying for months, or even years. God does not seem to respond. Maybe you feel like giving up. Paul said that we must not give up: in due season we will reap if we do not faint.



I know a lady who prayed for her husband for more than thirty years. She often prayed and fasted alone in her home. She requested prayer in church every Wednesday night and in the Sunday services.



Thirty years is a long time to wait, but today her husband is a believer and a baptized member in the church with which she fellowships.



Another woman prayed for her daughter for nearly 25 years. Day after day, at her family altar and during church services she petitioned for her dear child.



God heard her cry and saw her tears. He says in Jeremiah 33:3, “Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.” Her daughter became a believer and is requesting baptism. A granddaughter of the praying woman, the daughter of the newly converted one, also gave her heart to the Lord.



God bless you for not giving up, even though there are times when it seems as though your prayers are not heard.



Mark G. Meighn, Belize City, Belize




We often give up when the next step would have been victory.




~~~ Oh how this rings so very true in our lives, doesn't it? How many times have we prayed and prayed and prayed and then given up because God just wasn't answering us in 'our' time? Or we think God just doesn't hear us so we give up?

Christian, living a life for God is not for the weak. Serving God is not for quitters or for doubters. He didn't save us so we can be sad and fearful.

How many of you are praying for the salvation of a loved one? I know I am. Well don't quit! That's what that loser satan would have you do, just give up and throw in the towel. Well God is stronger than that! Your prayers have so much power to them, do you believe that?
When you pray, do you pray believeing in God to answer your prayers IN HIS TIMING? I sure hope so.

Maybe some of you are praying for a baby! Each month goes by with a negative pregnancy test and you get doubtful that God doesn't care about you because He hasn't answered your prayers. Well don't give up! It's not about us all the time. It's about HIM! Maybe God sees something in your future that would hinder you and a child, did you ever think about that?

Whatever it is you are praying for, make sure it is the will of the Lord first and not our own selfish desires or wants. Our main priority on this Earth should be to serve God. Our true reward will be in Heaven.

Continue praying and don't faint.

If any of you have a prayer request you would like me to lift up for you, feel free to let me know. I love praying and would love to pray for you! ~~~

7 comments:

Michelle Therese said...

My big problem is I often forget to pray ~ until I need something! And then all of a sudden God becomes the centre of attention again. **Sigh**

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

We have to pray and pray and pray sometimes. I had prayed for my dad over 20 years when he died in 2001. I still do not know if he ever accepted the Lord before he did. This was the one thing that rocked my spiritual world most. To pray for so long and then not even know if prayer was answered. But I recovered from the blow and continued to pray for my brother who refused to step inside a church. The last i heard of him, he was attending church and I pray he has found Christ and gotten his life straightened out. i have not seen him in a number of years or talked to him, but that is okay! God will take care of it all and I will keep praying until the day I die if need be!

Kelley said...

I have been praying for a baby since a miscarriage a month after my daughter was born. 4 years ago this April. I don't blame God, I tend to blame myself more, but it does help me to spend more time in prayer.

TeacherMommy said...

Very encouraging!

Just don't forget that everyone has free will and we will only tire ourselves out if we believe that another person's fate rests solely on our prayers! However, prayer CAN move mountains!

Sometimes it gets discouraging but just never give up. Even if your prayer is not answered the way you want, God will honor and bless you for your devotion AND you will grow spiritually.

Dawn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Homemaker's Heart said...

When things get tough and I'm just about to give up, I remember just a bit farther...and the Lord always provides.

Thanks for visiting my blog Dawn. It's great to meet you.

God's peace,
Dee

Jennifer said...

Very good blog about praying dawn:) Pray for me would you please, got some questions in my life right now that I just don't have the answers for but God does, so I just ask you pray..thanks for your encouraging blog posts you always write!! and your comments to me they mean a lot my friend:) I will be praying for you as well:) Have a great weekend and god bless you for being such a sweet person:)