BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

20 things to remember

1. Faith is the ability to not panic.
2. If you worry, you didn't pray. If you prayed, don't worry.
3. As a child of God, prayer is kinda like calling home every day.
4. Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.
5. When we get tangled up in our problems, be still. God wants us to be still so He can untangle the knot.
6. Do the math. Count your blessings.
7. God wants spiritual fruit, not religious nuts.
8. Dear God: I have a problem. It's me.
9. Silence is often misinterpreted, but never misquoted.
10. Laugh every day - it's like inner jogging.
11. The most important things in your home are the people.
12. Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.
13. There is no key to happiness. The door is always open. Come on in.
14. A grudge is a heavy thing to carry.
15. He who dies with the most toys is still dead.
16. We do not remember days but moments. Life moves too fast so enjoy your precious moments.
17. Nothing is real to you until you experience it; otherwise it's just hearsay.
18. It's all right to sit on your pity pot every now and again. Just be sure to flush when you are done.
19. Surviving and living your life successfully requires courage. The goals and dreams you're seeking require courage and risk-taking. Learn from the turtle, it only makes progress when it sticks out its neck.
20. Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. Your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. No matter the storm, when you are with God, there's always a rainbow waiting. Leave gentle fingerprints on the soul of another for the angels to read. I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I lived just the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.
I just love these little thoughts to ponder on. I hope you do too!
I love what #2 says- " if you worry, you didn't pray. If you prayed, don't worry."
Oh how that rings true! How many of us, me included have given something over to God, only to pick it up again?
We have to remember that when we pray God hears us. God knows our needs even before we voiced them to Him.
Many give up to easily when God doesn't give them the answer right away.
God's timing is not our own. Sometimes he doesn't answer us because He is testing us, testing to see how faithful we are too Him.
Let's quit worrying and start praising God. Pray..and leave it at the foot of the Cross. Don't pick your burdens back up! But instead leave Calvary with a renewed joy, a renewed strength and a peace in your heart.
I like # 17 as well - "nothing is real to you unless you experience it, otherwise it's just hearsay".
That rings true in my life. You see, I am a tounge talker. That's right, I speak in tounges. I can already see the eyes rolling out there and the sighs of 'oh brother, she's a nut case'....lol.
But bare with me here.
You see many churches have done away with the baptism of the Holy Ghost mainly because they deem it as too charismatic or not being real, but I want to tell you it is real.
God pours out His Spirit upon those who believe and seek.
The Lord poured His Spirit upon me in probably late 2001, I don't remember the exact month.
I had been saved for a few months now and knew I needed that Power from on high in my life. I needed that power to live a victorious life for Him.
During a church service one evening I just wanted God to use me as His vessel and to change me and as I was down at that altar I lifted my hands up to Him and prayed and soon I was praying in words that were not my own.
No, it wasn't that Pastor whispering in my ears, he wasn't even around the altar at the time, I think he was in the pews witnessing to someone.
No sister in Christ was telling me to repeat after her.
It was purely God.
If you have been praying for the Holy Spirit baptism, and you haven't recieved it yet, Sister, Brother, don't give up praying! That's what satan wants. He wants to fill your mind with doubts and lies and makes you want to be defeated, like God doesn't care about you. DON'T LISTEN TO THAT JUNK!
This is why the church world is so depleated and unrevived. Sin and satan have come into the church doors and have crept over the church members. They are lulled to sleep and not even realizing what is happening to them, until it's too late.
WAKE UP CHRISTIANS....take a look, a hard look at your church. What do you see? Do you really see people hungry for more of God, hungry for His Word, hungry to witness, hungry to live a holy life?
Or do you see entertainment? Preachers talking about football games instead of the saving grace of God? Do you see people falling asleep instead of praising God?
Ladies, what is your Pastor's wife like? Is she someone you could learn and grow from? Is she a Titus 2 woman? Does she have a true heart on fire for God?
Men, what about your Pastor? Take a good look at him? Listen to what he talks about after church. Is it of God or of the World?
More than ever the church world needs a REVIVAL! It begins with us.
How is your heart? Are you right with God?

1 comments:

TeacherMommy said...

Those are awesome! LOL and so true. Don't worry, I'm not freaked out you talk in tongues. A lot of people did in the beginning of the church...I think it's weird to be afraid of spiritual things since we DO believe in them, no?