I took this on one of the mornings we had just recently. I thought the shadow of the tree against the ghastly sky was neat! :)
We had Shish-ka-bobs for dinner on Saturday :)
Beloved and I found these 2 DVD racks by the side of the road yesterday! Excellent condition!!! We disinfected them and DH filled them up! How neat that we found these! PTL! :)
We also got this DVD yesterday! If you haven't seen it, oh it's just so cute! Go rent it!
Happy Veteran's Day! I honestly forgot that this was Veterans Day weekend. I know, some of you are like "how can you forget that, you are on a military base?" LOL. It's too easy. Holidays aren't really celebrated on base here.
I still need to finish some Thanksgiving cards. I have been putting them off this weekend, but I will try to do some tonight before I head in the shower.
I got Robert another Christmas present today but I can't say what it is because he might just come on here and read this. Highly unlikely, but you never know...people go all over the web when they are bored. :) We also got my mom 2 things.
I picked out our Christmas cards too. They are pretty.
This past week I have been house hunting online for homes in the Dallas / Arlington area. It's really time consuming but it's also fun. This coming week, I will go back and write everything down which I should have done before, but I wasn't thinking. :) With the housing market in the slums, it's a perfect time for my beloved and I too find a nice home for cheap! :) Maybe by next June or so, some of favorites we seen will go down a few more thousand, that would be awesome!
Well those Thanksgiving cards aren't going to write themselves, so I better be scootin'!
The Lord bless thee!


13 comments:
I hope your house hunting goes well. I too have been house hunting but have been waiting for our own house to sell. We want to move to Arizona but are not seriously considering Fayetteville, AR area because my husband recently went there and loved it.
But of course the house has to sell first. I would love to have some land maybe 2 acres and have some animals.
WOW what an excellent find! (DVD racks...) and like christine I also hope (and pray!) that your house hunting goes well. When are you leaving Germany again? I was going to try and come visit you if the tickets were not too expensive *and* you wanted my ugly mug around... **HUGS!**
LOL...We leave Lord willing June 2008.
I took my son and the fact that much takes place in the evenings, and the 'oops!' action in the kitchen freaked his autistic senses out :o(. We had to leave the theater! Oh well...
The food that you pictured made me so hungry. THe stew looks fantastic. Yum. I am making up my own batch of bread as I type this. Hopefully mine turns out well also.
Hi sweetie! I love the pic of the tree! Great find there too by the by. Huggles!
cool deal on those shelves!
Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I just noticed, by looking at yours, that you are in Germany. We were there when my husband was in the Air Force years ago! We were right there in Kaiserslautern! Hope you are enjoying it! Our twins were born there. We loved it when we could travel, but once they were born I was ready to be near family. And, now, we are far away again!! :)
It's nice to meet you!
Take care,
Laura
PTL over DVD racks? So about six years after God started slowly picking you apart and seperating you from the rest of the world he decides to provide you with free DVD racks?
Actually Marty, yes I am thankful for them. Number one, we neded them because my husband, has a huge DVD collection. Number two, they were free and in good shape.
So yes, I am happy.
I praise God all the time for the little blessings in my life.
I also praise Him in the trials as well.
It doesn't take much to make me happy. :)
We needed something for my husband's DVD collection and praise God He met that need, so yes, I am praising Him for that.
Dawn, Don’t you think a “huge DVD collection” is a worldly element? The point I was trying to make was that you claim a desire to be separated from the world and yet you rejoice over worldly things. Do you really believe that our righteous and pure God has provided a place for your husband to store his “Clerks II” DVD?
My husband doesn't have the same set of beliefs I do, not at all. It's his life, he chooses to live it how he chooses. I can't live it for him.
I set up this blog for myself as God has been leading me closer to Him and the life of plain living.
God just doesn't automatically snap His finger and say "okay, now you are plain" and removes every dirty and vile thing set before my eyes.
If my husband like Clerks 2, then that's his own thing. I am not his mother. I am not going to stand there with my hands on my hops and say "no honey, you can't have that, it's not pleasing to God". He didn't have to get it, but he chose to, and that;s his choice.
Dawn, I understand that your husband’s beliefs are different than yours but that still doesn’t explain why you yourself would rejoice and praise the Lord over the DVD racks that are used to hold your husband’s dirty videos. God does not provide for sin. It would make more sense for someone who is being led closer to Him to rather mourn the fact that your unsaved husband continues in sin and has now found a way to display it proudly. You seem rather indifferent about your husband's eternal soul. Also, if you do plan to watch “Deck the Halls” again as you stated, please explain how the following information from Netflix about that movie is not considered a wicked thing being set before your eyes: Women dressed in skimpy elf costumes shake their booties (one ends up being Steve's daughter -- which he finds out after he yells a sexually tinged remark at her); a 10-year-old boy ogles his sexy teen neighbors; two naked men end up in a sleeping bag together.
Post a Comment