I was cleaning out a junk drawer yesterday and came aross some index cards with Scripture on them. I guess I had them for memorazation purposes.
I kept 3 cards though as they really stuck out to me and it's something that has been going through my mind often.
II Corinthians 5:10 - For we must all appear before the judgement seat of Christ; that every one may recieve the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.
You see, we ALL will appear before God. It doesn't matter if you don't believe in Him or have come to reject Him, you still will be staring at your Creator face to face. The verse doesn't say "all believers" it says you, me, the wiccan, the theif, etc.
Many will be judged more harshly than others.
Now this morning I was thinking "what about those people in other countries where the Gospel hasn't been reached yet".
How can these people be judged for something they never heard? Hmmm...
I think those people may be 'judged' a little differently than the rest of us who have heard of Him. But who knows.
Proverbs 1:7 - The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
The beginning of knowledge starts with knowing the Lord. He has the answers you need to live in this life, but like the second hand of that verse says, the foolish dismiss it. They dismiss this wonderful knowledge as a fairy tale, a myth, a joke, etc.
The people of the world like to tell Christians how they should be living. It's quite amusing really, espcially since they don't give sound Bibilical advice, but rather secular ways of thinking.
Hmmm...I think I will stick with the Word of God thank you. :)
The last 2 verses go together...
I John 2:22 - Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the son.
Psalm 14:1 - The fools says in his heart, there is no God. They are corrupt, their deeds are vile, there is no one who does good.
Those verses could probably be labeled as the 'atheist' verses huh?
God calls them antichrists! That's powerful! We all know what is going to happen to the Anti Christ when Christ returns, so for God to call unbelievers that...He isnt kidding around.
The other verse is self explainatory :)
So, yeah...those have been milling around in my noggin since yesterday.
We might have a single soldier with us for Thanksgiving! Robert invited her over yesterday since she is new here, so I guess we will see if she comes. I hope so. That would be a blessing!
Hmmm that means I better get to cleaning :) Nah...the house isn't bad...just a little cleaning up here and there and it will be good to go!
May the Lord richly bless your Tuesday!
Love,
Dawn

6 comments:
I'm having Thanksgiving on December 1st over here in Scotland - we invite four of our older retired friends (well...Sue stil works but she's in her 60's) over for the feast! It's so lovely having them over!
Here is an interesting verse that applies to atheists Romans 1:20. It says basically that God left proof of himself in what he has made and that those who don't believe in him are without excuse. I am too lazy to look up the exact verse this morning.LOL
I suppose one day God will say to atheists," YOu wanted proof. I gave you proof. The sun rises and sets and the earth revolves. You live with miracles every day!" I think that a person has to be blind not to believe in some higher form even if they aren't Christian.
Amen to that Deb!
The fact that we wake up every morning with the breath of life should be evidence enough too.
But of course they will say "our bodies are meant to do that".
In all honesty, it's people's pride that gets in the way of them accepting Christ as their Saviour.
God and His creation is all around us and yet those folks are like "where...I don't see no God?" "I'm not going to believe in something I cant see".
We all were created in God's image, even the unbelivers.
God sent Jesus Christ to die for those unbelievers even if they don't believe that.
God could wipe our world out with the snap of His fingers but He chooses not too...yet. Why? Because there are still precious souls to be told that Jesus Loves them. That Jesus care so much for them.
But...more and more are denying Him and mocking Him and when one looks at the way the world is turning and then read the Scriptures, they will see, it's almost time....
Almost time when God has enough of the vile filth of the world and comes for His church.
The unbelievers think they have a hard life now. They have no idea what's in store for them...
Let's keep praying my fellow prayer warriors!
Dawn ~ I so hate to ask here, but... do you read your email often? This is a bit awkward....I have sent you some stuff and have no response. Considering your posting activity and visits to other blogs (amen for that, really!)...I am just left to ponder... I really would appreciate some feedback in the email venue. Thank you very kindly.
I think it is great you invited someone that is new over- especially since people haven't always been very friendly to you guys. I too am looking for a place to spend Thanksgiving. My parents are going out-of-town and I have to stay and work.
Thanks for having that one over to your house for Thanksgiving. I know my nephew (Army) has been invited to eat at a familys house. We are all Thankful to them. He is in Japan.
He already has an invitation for Christmas also.
Have a great night.
I'm off to bed. I helped hubby outside for a few hours today. My asthma is acting up so bad. My chest is heavy and my cough hurts. My sneezing is driving me crazy. LOL This to shall pass!
God Bless
Rebecca
Post a Comment