Honey...that's your 3rd helping you said????
Tony, Melodie and DH beginning to put up the tree...
Hmmm..where does this next ornament go???
Are you sure that's straight???
No...I would never taste test the pie before others...hee hee hee...
Scoopin' biscuits...
What a blessed day today. It truly was!!! I am so thankful God gave me another Thanksgiving. I am glad He has given us all another Thanksgiving!
I didn't get any sleep because my neighbors decided they want to act drunk and stupid till 2:30 a.m. or later and then I couldn't fall back asleep because I was excited about today. I did get a few hours but I am about to fall over from exhaustion now...LOL.
I got up early and made the Oreo Pie so it had plenty of time to set. Then I went online for a few hours while Robert still slept. But eventually I had to wake him up because I needed help finishing cleaning and what not.
He helped with that and then he took care of the the turkey. The turkey is his thing every year. I have everything else. Once he got the bird in the oven he ran over the gas station to pick up more milk, water and ice and to check to see if Melodie was still interested in coming over (the single soldier that just got here).
While we munched on snacks while the bird cooked we watched a little TV. Then Robert went and picked up Melodie and I started all the side dishes. All the while watching the Macy's Parade!
Melodie is a sweet girl. I really liked the fellowship with her. She is a Christian as well and is even coming to church with me this coming Sunday :) We chatted like we've known each other our whole lives!
She helped in the kitchen as well with dishes and helping to get the last minute things done.
As we were getting the food on the table, Tony arrived. Then we sat done and ate.
We feasted on turkey, stuffing, corn, green bean casserole, gravy, biscuits . Me and Melodie stopped after the 1st plate, my DH ate 3 helpings (!!!) and Tony had 2! My oh my!!!
After resting our bellies, we got out the tree, ornaments, angel and stuff and got that up. That's the only thing we got up. I will do the rest of the house next week while DH is working...that will take a few days all in itself! :)
Once the tree was up and lit we just visited for awhile and enjoyed a slice of Oreo Pie.
Ugh...no more food....LOL. While beloved was carving the rest of the turkey to put away for leftovers, I took Melodie back to her barracks.
Now, it's 8 p.m. and I am about to keel over..LOL. Tony and Robert have been playing Yu-Gi-Oh cards for a few hours now.
My mom has called twice and we chatted for awhile.
Tomorrow DH, Tony and I are taking a trip to Vogelweh.
Well it was an honestly blessed day and I hope yours was too.
I think I am going to take a shower, read my Bible and go to bed.
Lots of love from Germany!!!!
~ Dawn ~




9 comments:
Here I am stuffed to the gills from my own Thanksgiving feast - and I'm drooling over your Oreo pie hahahahahahaha!! I can hardly move I'm so stuffed so HOW is that possible?!?
Wow - we had a white Christmas tree last year! But this year I'm going to try a real tree about as big as your tree. I don't put mine up until halfway through Advent and then I leave it up until the Epiphany on Jan 6th. (The arrival of the Wise Men!) You'll have to share close-up photos of your tree fully decorated!!!
Did you have a good feast?! Are you fit to burst like me?! Isn't Thanksgiving wonderful?!?! YAY!!
As soon as I get the rest of the Christmas stuff up, I will take pictures of everything. :)
We did our tree also today. We had a white one for a few years. This year it's green. I'd love a real one. But, it would kill me. I can't even walk passed them at the store and I can't breath. I tell ya. It sucks. LOL
I don't think I could eat anything else. I was looking forward to my "left overs" sandwich later. But, I don't think I could even do that anymore. HAHAHA!!!
You will have to go to my page and see about my day. I took an early morning run to wal-mart. Glad I did.
I can't wait to have a shopping partner next year. Ray is to panicked to shop with. LOL It makes for a frustrating trip.
You have a good day!
Dawn..it looks like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I'm so full I'm about to pop!! =0 We had an awesome service tonight at church also. Have a great weekend.
Looks like a perfectly wonderful thanksgiving ! That oreo pie looks really good.
So, are you going to post the recipe for that Oreo pie? Yum. Every time you post food on this blog it makes me hungry, Dawn. LOL
Happy Thanksgiving to you too! I got your card and it was beautiful. Thank you. It made my day to get a card in the mail.
God Bless!
Deb,
I have already posted it on my blog in July, so here is the link to it:
http://biblegirl1999.blogspot.com/2007/07/oreo-triple-layer-chocolate-pie-easy.html
Christine,
I am happy the card reached you! Praise the Lord!!!
I am so glad you had such a wonderful thanksgiving day! ours was great too i love the pictures!
Post a Comment