BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, November 17, 2007

For you Michelle

You asked me what my cloak or cape or whatever it's called looked like so here it is. It's made of fleece and has a 2 closures on top. Also has a hood as you can see in the next photo. That last photo is horrible..LOL. My husband told me to put my head down so the hood would show and then I began laughing and he snapped the picture so it looks really bad...LOL. And he wouldn't re do it! :)




8 comments:

deb said...

Does it keep you warm in Germany? Also, do you have to worry about it flying open in the wind? That could be chilly. I have four kids, so there are moments when my hands are full and holding my outwear closed would be difficult. Does your cloak remain shut on its own?

I like the way it looks. Did you have it specially made?

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Oh those hubbys! Whatever will we do with them? You look gorgeous dear heart!

Dawn said...

Oh yes...it keeps me extra toasty...sometimes a little too toasty ;)
Sometimes it will try to fly open but on windy days like that, I hold shut if I am walking.
Sure was made for me. Only $55 too.

My husband calls it the Star Wars cloak...LOL

Michelle Therese said...

OOooo I love it! If you sew some hook-and-eye closures down the front it will stay shut in the wind!

The last picture isn't dumb! You just look a deeply contemplative Medevial Lady! (spelling?!)

Anonymous said...

Dawn, if you could, can you please pass this on to Michelle? I would really appreciate it! Its an apology that I want to make, but as her comments are only for teammates, I cant do it. I dont mind it being public as its a public apology!

Thank you!

Glad to see your comments back up Michelle.

I would like to take this time to publicly (sp?) apologize for my non to nice post (angry woman blog) Its not that my thoughts have change, but I had no right, as a Christian, to comment in such a way. Please accept my sincere apology.

I must say that I feel as though I have come to "know you" over your the last few days. Your opinionated and loud, your prickly and persistant, I LIKE that! LOL.

What you've been saying has always been thought provoking and interesting. Reading your blog is like watching Forrest Gump, "you never know what your gonna get!"

I stand in agreement with how the world reacts to immodest dress (the sexual objectivfication). We do ourselves a grave harm. Plain and simple.

If you want to wear a bonnet and look like a dairy maid than doggonit, thats what you're gonna do, cause its YOUR choice! Heck, if its okay to walk around lookiing like helloween, then why cant you wear what you want to wear? Mind you, I think that with a few adjustments on your dress and maybe a different type of material, the look would really work. Me and a friend were discussing it yesterday. I love the Medieval look, but I want it modified to a more modern workable type dress (loose the mile long sleeves and shorten it above the ankles). Wont be doing the bonnet though ;o) I do stand by the statement that we have to be prepared to be looked at, laughed at and talked about because it IS different! But then, they did the same thing to Christ, didnt they?

I was looking at your pictures and I have to admit. I dont see a repressed housewife. I see someone having a jolly ol' time on the farm! You DO look happy and content.


Feminisim has turned women into "manly girls". "Anything you can do, I can do better..."

Homemaking is where its at!

We have become a rude and nasty world and we seem to like it like that. Sad.

We should continue to speak out, nay SHOUT out about the ills of this world! If we dont, how does anything change?

Anyway, glad you've opened your comments back up.

God bless!

Rebecca said...

Dawn,
Did someone online make this for you? I have always wanted one. But, the ones I have found cost way to much.
I love this on you. Both pictures came out great.

Dawn said...

Yes Rebecca,
It was made for me. Last year. Cost $55. I have been trying to get in contact with the lady who made it but I haven't been able to reach her. She has had some really serious health problems so I hope she didn't pass away :(
She also made me 3 fleece skirts (I am wearing the black one right now) and made me 3 cape dresses.
She had an online store but gave it up because of her health :(

I've missed you Rebecca, I am glad to hear from you!
Hugs!

Mrs. Anna T said...

It looks so cool... The Star Wars suit it well :)