BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, August 5, 2007

Sunday blessings my friends


The Lord's bless you my friends. I hope your Sunday has been quite lovely. As my day draws to a close (it's 8:40 p.m. as I type this), I am greatfull for a blessed day.

I did not go to worship this morning as I slept in late again. We went to bed about midnight last night and got up about 9:30 - 10 a.m. this morning.

I made us some breakfast and we lounged around for an hour or so and then decided to go to the base in Mannheim. It's only about a 30-35 minute drive from us. So, we got dressed and was on our way. It was a rather warm and sunny day today. I didn't bring my camera because I forgot but there really wasn't any scenic pictures to take as it seems I have captured them for you already. :)

The base exchange in Mannhiem is rather large compared to ours and it's a nice place to shop. Believe it or not, we didn't buy anything!

We then rested in the food court. With the smell of food arousing our senses, we ate lunch their. Robert had Popeyes and I had Taco Bell.

We then left that base and were trying to find another barracks or kaserne as they are known here in Germany but we got lost and couldn't find it. Oh well..home we went :)

We went to our base exchange (which we can't stand going to because they never get anything new in stock and it's so boring). Robert got something for his mp3 player and a DVD. I got the tealight candles below. They were on sale for $2.91 each. The scent is vanilla berry. Originally the price is $6, so...next time I force myself to the base exchange, I may have to get me some more for that low sale price. Nobody buys candles here on base so I know they will still be in stock for a long time.

You see these blue dishes below? Got them for free! They were sitting out by the curbside waiting for tomorrow's trash. There is nothing wrong with them and there are 4 of each set. There were 2 mugs to go with it, but we don't use those anyway so we left them. The good thing about living on an Army base is that when people move, they throw all kinds of new and usable stuff out because they just can't take it with them. Last week there was a coffee table out there and we were going to grab it but didn't and when we went back, it was gone.

I have found fans, lamps, cleaning supplies, and the like in perfect condition just sitting there, waiting for someone to pick up. A dear Sister in Christ who used to live here in Germany found her living room set (black leather) and wall paintings while "trashing" (that's what us military folks call it when something in excellent condition is spotted near the trash). She used to even go down in some German neighborhoods and find all kinds of stuff...much of it she sold on eBay!

Fun, fun! :)



This evening for dinner I made something light...BBQ pork chops and yellow rice. I try not to do much of anything on the Lord's Day and cooking easy things on Sunday seems to be going over well. The dishes are done, the candles are lit and leaving a Heavenly scent throughout the house and I am just enjoying the stillness around me.

I am exhausted and look forward to sleep tonight, after my shower and Bible readings of course. Tomorrow I have a full day of hand washing some clothes. Since laundry is my favorite chore, I look forward to it :)

May the Lord grant each and every one of you His grace and mercy for the following week ahead!

Love,

Dawn

4 comments:

Patty said...

I love those blue dishes ! What a treasure for you to find them.

Anonymous said...

Love those dishes!!!

I love bargin shopping and trashing! We used to have a day here called "Free Sunday" Or something and you would drive around to all these registered houses and take what they had going for free!!

It was awesome!

Blessings
Amy

2 LMZ FARMS said...

I found your blog by clicking on your name through Patty's site. Hope you don't mind. I love those blue dishes. I will mark your site and will visit. Hope you and yours have a blessed day.
Laura

Rebecca said...

Sweetie I see quite a few comments about hand washing. Do you all not have a launderette?