So this is what I wore out to Wiesbaden / Mainz Kastel yesterday. I thought the lilac apron set off the burgandy in the prairie dress and Robert agreed. The apron has a cape attached to it so I can have extra modesty up top which is a blessing.
My the stares were even more so than usual...LOL. I watched people take double and triple takes and I just smiled back. ;) There was this lady with orange skin...seriously....I think that woman needs to stay away from the tanning salons...LOL. She was one of the many of the triple takers.
Oh and when Robert and I were waiting for his co worker to pick us, this little girl of 8 or 9 was staring so hard as she was walking she ran into someone...LOL. Her mom is like "where are you going". LOL. I let out a light chuckle. People are so funny. :)
I felt really comfortable in the dress and apron...maybe it was the fabric but it felt so nice and ummm...hmmm...fluffy? No...not fluffy...ummm..nice and cozy...yes...that's the word.
I think I would have been more friendly if my monthly friend would have waited till we got home to where I could take care of things, but oh well. Next time I will be better prepared is all. And of course with the car ending up dead, I was kind of in a 'grrr' mood, but not really. I was 'grrr' in the inside but sweet to everyone I talked to. :) It was just such a long day...
Anywho....I normally don't try to do anything on Sunday's, but I have to clean up the house if we are going to take Dixie. Plus I am hand washing some clothes. Obviously I didn't go to church today. I need to go. I just get so tired sometimes and all I want to do is sleep on the weekends to catch up what I lost during the week.
I will be doing Bible reading and prayer thoughout the day.
Robert has to go to work for a few hours today to get caught up on some stuff.
Robert and I got in a fight last night and he slept on the couch. Actually he fights with himself because I do not fight back. I am normally blamed for everything and the finger is always pointed in my direction and all the responsibility is on me. I just listen to him go on and on and freak out and then I give a soft answer and he says I am lying. This goes on at least twice a month. By morning, things are back to normal.
Sometimes though he says really harsh and hurtful things (i.e. I should have married someone else, throws his wedding ring across the room or at me, etc.) and I know he doesn't mean what he says, he's just acting out in anger, but it hurts and I end up crying myself to sleep thinking maybe it would be better if he found someone else.
I am not complaining or nagging or wanting to show you how 'bad' my husband is, because he's not a bad guy at all. In fact he's very caring, he just has his moments and even in those moments I love him to pieces.
I just thought I would let out some of these emotions I have going on right now. It feels good to just talk, to let you all see that, yes, I do have issues in my life just like you do. :)
I will probably post later on if we get Dixie tonight.
Enjoy your Sunday friends!

18 comments:
I'm sorry to hear what you're going through. I can imagine every married couple has issues, but even though... I know I would simply fall into pieces if I was told something like this. Hope you can overcome it without bearing grudge. My prayers are with you.
I don't hold grudges against anyone, no matter how much they hurt me. I learned early in life, it's not worth to hold grudges, it's simply a waste of energy. ;)
...Oh, I had to learn it too - the hard way.
Trust me Sis, I know what your are talking about. It is normal to have disagreements, we all do.
Keep praying for him.
We are all being molded.
I don't mean to offend but - you want to look like that because you draw attention ? I don't see a religious reason for that at all - is it possible your husband is unhappy because you let yourself go so much in the name of religion ? How can you criticize someone who is "orange" being so "fat" ? I have nothing against religion, but some - like you - think you are more entlitled to life than the average Joe... :o)
I will take the average Joe - he takes reponsibility for what happens in his life.
Yaso
Yaso...
My husband has no problem with the way I dress. In fact I ask him before I buy something to make sure I have his approval. In fact I ask several times to make sure he is being honest.
He enjoys the fact that he can look at a woman who doesn't have fat rolls hanging out or a tight tee shirt or tight jeans.
Do you realize the way women dress really has a negative effect on men? As Christians we are to be our brothers keeper and not be a stumbling block for them.
I dress in a manner that's modest and pleasing to the Lord. Yes, I get stared at all the time, but I also get respected by many. I have seen men hold doors open for me, were courterous, etc.
If you see the title of my blog, you will notice that I am a plain dressing Christian. I am sorry of you do not like that. This is the way the Lord is leading me and I couldn't be happier.
I never called the woman with orange skin fat, please don't put words in my mouth, go read my post again. I was stating a fact...she had orange skin! I can't do anything about it! I have seen plenty of tanners with orange skin and it's kind of creepy. Why would someone want orange skin? I wasn't making fun of her in any way. I just noticed she had orange skin and a bright green dress on to accent her skin tone.
I am not entilited to anything in this life. I don't think of myself as better than anyone else.
Since I got saved the only thing I am entitled too is to serve the Lord with all my heart, all my soul and all my strength and that's what I plan on doing alongside my husband.
Thank you for stopping by my blog. I hope you have a good Wednesday!
I live in Pennsylvania where such dresses are not uncommon, so it's amusing to read of the attention they cause in other places.
I admire your daring to break away from the status quo in fashion!
Aussie Mistress, you *obviously* mean to offend or else why would you A)post about how much you can't stand fat christians on your blog and B)come here and insult this lady for no other reason then to make yourself feel better?
Why don't you get a backbone and admit the truth: you came here with the express purpose of offending Dawn. Don't try and pull the wool over our eyes with that cheap cop out. We may be bible thumpers but we weren't born yesterday... Well, some of us may have been *born again* yesterday but you get the point.
Jesus told us to turn the other cheek. But He did *not* tell us to be doormats. Please, don't walk on the Christians. Thanks.
Rant, baby, rant! You are stuck far away from friends and family and sometimes you just have to let it out or else you blabber away at Hubby. Men...and I thought college room mates were tough to live with!!! Oy.
By the way I LOVE yer dress! And yer apron! BEING SO FAT AND ALL I can't help but rejoice in the fact that FAT WOMEN look so good in yards and yards of beautifully draped cloth. Us FAT WOMEN look awful in most of the styles made for thin women - it's simply a matter of body shape.
It's also nice to see a fellow FAT CHICK embracing such beautifully modest clothing. No woman should cheapen herself by sexually objectifying her beautiful body in any manner FAT WOMEN included.
I can't wait to get my dresses from Sarah (The same style as some of Dawn's other dresses with aprons!) I can't wait to slip my FAT SELF into them and walk around feeling normal rather then like I'm spilling out of skin-tight muffin top jeans and those annoying half-shirt things.
Sista, ever since I "let myself go in the name of religion" (whatever that is...) I've been so happy. I no longer obsess about my body and make weight loss my ultimate goal in life - rather then other very important things like uh feeding the poor etc.
YOU LOOK BEAUTIFUL! Do post more pics of your dresses! God bless ya!
Michelle, you are so funny...LYLAS (love ya like a Sister). I just IM'd you several times...sign on it and read. :)
Arrrg your IM never popped up. Hmm. I'll go on MySpace so I'm "on line" and see what happens
P.S. Dawn, it's your new profile page. Hardly anything shows up and I can't see your IM button. Did you change to this strange new profile background or is there a glitch in the system??? It looks like it's malfunctioning or something...
About your husband getting angry like that: in my experience, anger and unforgiveness go together. If you think it would be helpful (in the right timing, right manner), you might ask your husband who in his past has hurt him whom he has not forgiven.
Dear Coffee fat chick,
You have broken several of your own rules with this hypocrite harangue of yours - but most importantly, please understand you are NOT ellected to talk for ALL Christians. As a matter of fact, Most have common sense - you are the exception.
As far as being treated as a doormat - if you don't try looking like one, maybe you won't be treated like one. You know how the story goes, look like a door mat, act like a door mat, think like a door mat ... need no further invitation.
Aussie Mistress
I have been fat all of my life and I didn't have a health problem until I hit 45 and then I got arthritis, type 2 diabetis and all sorts of other complaints. If I knew than what I know now I would not give myself permission to overeat. I am uncomfortably aware that gluttony is a sin.
I know that there is a small percentage of people who have a medical condition which makes them fat, , but for the vast majority of us we consume more calories than we require and the surplus is stored as fat.
There is no need to starve oneself. Three meals a day, no eating between meals and no eating junk food and the weight will fall off and your modest dresses will look even better and, trust me, your husband will thank you for it.
"There is no need to starve oneself. Three meals a day, no eating between meals and no eating junk food and the weight will fall off and your modest dresses will look even better and, trust me, your husband will thank you for it."
That looks good in print - but in reality it doesn't work like that for every person. Each and every one of us is unique and some of us are just plain heavy and that is that. Sure, there are fat folk who are fat because they overeat and sit around. But there are plenty of fat folk who eat well, exercise - and remain heavy. I wish people would let go of their blind prejudices and realize this! It's so sad to watch fellow human beings be dehumanized because folk are convinced "if they just pushed themselves away from the table they would lose weight..."
I was a firefighter for six years. Read that carefully: FIREFIGHTER. Not an easy sit-back-and-be-lazy kind of job. As a matter of fact, I would like to see all of the chicks out there who laugh at me go and do that job themselves, thank you kindly. "You're fat so you're worthless" I was told over and over again as I put my LIFE on the line, willing to DIE for strangers - all while wearing very large sized fire gear. So can you see why I tell people they are WRONG when they get on their high horse about "if you are fat you are unhealthy and lazy". Whatever!
Also, I did not own a car for most of that time. I walked several miles every day with a backpack of books that weighed over 45 pounds. (I weighed the thing so I know!) Not only did I walk to my Univrsity, I would often hike up the mountain to my fire station carrying my fiddle and a rucksack full of my books, several days worth of food and my clothing.
Guess what? I remained a size 22 the entire time. And every single time I went to the doctor's I was given a clean bill of health and told, "Don't worry - you are living healthy, eating healthy and getting plenty of exercise. You are fine."
Are you following me here? I was, and still am, a very active, very healthy size 22. As in FAT. As in FAT, FIT AND HEALTHY. I don't buy this "fat automatically means unhealthy and lazy" nonsense for a nanosecond. I'd like to see some of you fat-phobic women out on a farm hauling 100 bales of hay on your shoulders (75 pounds a pop by the way!) and wresting sheep and cattle... Anyway, you get my drift. It's NONSENSE. Pure NONSENSE and if any of you insist, in the light of FACTS, that all fat people are a bunch of lazy losers who sit around scarfing down junk food - well, you're nothing but a narrow minded prejudiced BIGOT and I have no time for you.
Our culture has set the standard of "Very Thin = Healthy" and all of us women are forced to either submit like sheep, or be classified as sub-human fatties that need to be legally manipulated into being thin.
Well ladies, I am not a sheep. I choose my own path (in accordance with God's will of course!) in life and I am not going to bow down and let ANYONE tell me that I am INFERIOR because of my body size. We are all beautiful creations of the Lord. And if some of us do need to lose some weight then we will if we exercise and eat healthy - but that doesn't mean we'll all slim down to a twig. That idea is a silly MYTH. Some of us will lose a spot of weight and still be big and you're just going to have to DEAL with that fact.
And before anyone opens their mouth and yaps at me go and do what I have done. Then come back and tell me that I'm a fat lazy loser. GOD BLESS.
Also, I think what some people fail to realize is that many women have husky body types. I know I take after my dad's build. Coffee Catholic is husky as well, and so is my mom and it has nothing to do with weight.
When I was losing weight to join the Army (originally I was a size 16 / 18 weighed 180 lbs.). I dropped down to a size 12 and to 132 lbs. and my body was sick. Plus, I was still a big girl, regardless of how much I weighed.
True, I can lose some weight, I agree. I would like to get back to a size 18 and 200 lbs. would be fine by me. I admit, I have let myself go especially being over here in Germany.
Oh and please don't tell me how my husband should think. Not all men want a skinny girl. My husband enjoys me the way that I am and I enjoy him, weight and all for who he is.
The world's way of thinking, I will never understand....
My husband doesn't like those skinner girls either, and that was part of my appeal.
Post a Comment