BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Exhausted


Howdy fellow bloggerinos!
I hope your weekend is off to a good start.
I am beyond exhausted, my whole body hurts...LOL. After I get done typing this, I am going to shower and go to bed....ahhhh...bed.... :)
Well we left for Wiesbaden / Mainz Kastel at noon and the car worked great. We stopped at the Car Care Center first to order tires. Can you believe it cost us $190 for 2 tires!!!!!! They will call us when the tires arrive. That's insane for 2 stinkin' tires! And they won't put them on for us either. We needed front tires though as the tread was pretty much gone and plus our car gets inspected in November so it was time to get them done. They aren't even name brand tires. We have Goodyear tires on the car now cuz that's what the car came with...we had to order some brand called Cooper...
All you folks back in America are lucky! If you can't afford Goodyear or Firestone tires, you always got WalMart and I think their tires start at $40 or cheaper! Lucky you!!!
We also had to get a first aid kit for the car (it's required all cars in Germany have emergency triangles and a first aid kit) which was $16.
After I picked my jaw up off the ground we went over the to PowerZone which is basically kind of like the base exchange but the PZ sells the DVD's, CD's and all the electronic stuff. Robert got 2 DVD's.
I wasn't feeling too swift so I told Robert lets just go to the commissary and go home. He agreed. Well guess what???
The car wouldn't start! It was doing the exact same thing as I told you 2 days ago. Grrr...
And you wanna know somthing??? All the while going to Wiesbaden, I had this feeling that the car wasn't truely fixed. I know my car, know what I mean? I know it's noises and sounds and I just had this weird feeling that we may have gotten ripped off at our auto center.
Thankfully the auto place on Mainz Kastel was near the Power Zone so we went over there to see if they could help us. They were packed, so things were really sllllllllooooooooooow.
Eventually this Igor looking guy (seriously he looks like Igor...LOL.) got the tow truck and him and my husband went and got the car . They brought it back to the shop and we pretty much waited around for 5 hours, in the sun, waiting..
Igor piddled around with the car but we really didn't trust him. The mechanic was super busy but was really nice at multi tasking everyone, and after 5 hours, they said what I already knew...
It's the fuel pump. You need a new one.
I knew it!!! Why the mechanic here on my base told me yesterday that the fuel pump was fine is beyond me, but I just had that gut feeling that it was the fuel pump. Also the mechanic on Mainz Kastel told us we got ripped off at our auto place because he told us that no new relay was put on, all they did was switch 2 wires around. That made me mad...not the car dying, but the fact that we got ripped off. I told Robert next week we are going to confront the auto people at our shop, not to get our money back, cuz we don't want that, it's the fact that they told us that they "took apart the fuel pump and said it was fine", when really they didn't do anything.
So, back to Mainz Kastel...the mechanic gave us a number to call to order a new fuel pump but they won't be open till Monday, so....can't do anything till then. Robert and 2 gentlemen rolled the car to a lot.
We were charged $10 for the tow and to have the car looked at. Praise the Lord for that!
We tried going to the car rental place to rent a car but they were closed, so we called one of Robert's co workers and she picked us up an hour later. We were greatfull for that.
Sometime within those 5 hours, I went and got Robert lunch at Burger King and I got a small soda and some cookies to snack on as I felt to ill to eat a greasy burger...yuck!
Plus to make things a little more complicated, my monthly friend decided to say hello today and I was unprepared and there was nothing around for protection but I made it home fine without any accidents, thank God.
When we got home, our neighbor (the one who gave me rides this week) took Robert to get us dinner.
Oh, guess what? This same neighbor is offering to give us his Beagle for free. She is a full breed too. Her name is Dixie. See, he is moving back to the States next week and just doesn't want to take her back I suppose. She's a good dog. And Robert has always wanted a Beagle...even before we married he was telling me how "he wanted a Beagle someday". So maybe this is a good thing. Free Beagle, comes with 2 kennels, food, leashes, etc. and has all her shots. The neighbor tried giving her to us yesterday and today but well, I still need to clean up the house just a little better, so we may take her tomorrow.
We may re name her Pepsi. LOL.
So, I am beyond tired right now. *sigh* What a day. But I still am praising God for being alive! And also things could have been much worse. Praise the Lord for His awesome protection!
Well it's almost 10 p.m. and I am about to fall over so I will close.
Many blessings my friends!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WoW! When you mentioned going out again in the car I got a funny feeling. I wanted to tell you to drive it close to home for a few days first. I never trust mechanics. So I keep close to home till I know it is working like it should.
I'm glad you got home. Cooper tires are good. My dad uses them on his cars and trucks. LOL

Have a good rest,
Take care and God Bless!

Aunt Jenny said...

Cooper tires ARE good..I have had them before too.
What a day you had!! I hope you get to rest up tonight.
A new pup...how fun! I used to have a basset hound named Dixie.
I think Pepsi is close enough that it will be an easy switch if you do change her name. How fun!!
take it easy!!

Anonymous said...

Have a good rest! Bless your heart you have had a run of it this week haven't you?

Holding you in prayer!
Amy

PS Love the kitty cat pic!!