BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, August 19, 2007

How was your weekend? Good I hope!



Hi there!
I hope this post finds you all happy, healthy and in good spirits!
I feel like a walking zombie, haven't been sleeping well. I manage though on little sleep, but after several days of it, ya start getting kind of delirious...LOL.
I have a few things I would like to blog about but will save them for this coming week.
The place where we ordered our tires just called to tell us they were in. Well that's all fine and dandy if we had a car to put them on...LOL.
Hopefully tomorrow our fuel pump arrives so we can get our car already. Being an American, in Germany, without a car is not fun.
This past Friday we called 3 different car rental places to see if they had any automatics that we could rent. The first 2 didn't, and the 3rd place had a Mercedes Benz for rent. Well to rent it for a week was $360! To rent it for 4 days was $190 and this place was 45 minutes away. We were like "thanks, but no thanks".
And as far as rides here on base, ya can't really rely on anyone to help you out. My friend Maria does of course but I don't like bothering her all the time.
Everyone keeps to themselves here on base which is a good thing, but when it comes to asking for help, they shy away. Oh well...
Hopefully with this new week coming up our car will be fixed and back on the road.
Robert is working right now. He normally doesn't work in the weekends, but the Army is a 24 hour job so weekends aren't always promised.
Robert and I have been taking Dixie out for long evening walks at night, not just for us to get exercise but to tire her out for the night so she doesn't keep going insane for attention...LOL. Dixie runs herself exhausted and it's so fun to watch...LOL. We gave her a bath this weekend and she actually likes it...woohooo! Now if she can stay clean till next week, that would be a miracle!
Oh, I do have a praise report. But it's kind of personal, so I don't want to mention it on here, but just rejoice with me that God has touched me and I hope He will continue concerning this matter! :)
Well I try not to do much on Sunday's as it is the Lord's day. I will do some extra Bible study, extra prayer, extra devotions.
I have been thinking about you bloggers and I appreciate each and every one of you. You are a special blessing in my life and I am more than honored to pray for you!
**********************************
Hubby just came back home. He didn't even go to work with his co-worker because they didn't have a certain key or something, but his co-worker drove him over to the commissary to get a few things and he brought me home 3 strawberry votive candles (awww thank you honey, you're a sweetie).
Our friend Tony (18) came over for a visit and I was going to get dinner started but my husband insisted on cooking so, alrighty then :) He's a good cook. Of course you know who will be stuck with the dishes??? I don't mind though.
Later alligator!

2 comments:

Mrs. Anna T said...

My weekend was busy, but excellent! Glad you're handling that adorable puppy ;)

Anonymous said...

Dawn, in response to your comment on my blog....I don't mind if you want to use that on your blog. The author is unknown.