BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Our day trip to Mainz Kastel / Wiesbaden

Here I got myself 4 packs of various scents of Yankee Candle tealights and a pack of tealights by Coloinal at Home. The YC scents are : Clean Cotton, Willow Breeze, Home Sweet Home, and Fresh Mint. The CoH scent is called Sea Glass.

I am a huge Thomas Kinkade fan. I am especially fond of his Christmas and church scenes. I got this small portrait because I couldn't resist! Cost $44 but I know it's worth it. I love to daydream about living in that time or era...*sigh*

Yes, we do have Kentucky Fried Chicken in Germany
And Shell gas stations


Scenery

Some German housing....

I thought this was neat...raindrops on the window...so pretty!


Flowers


Robert eye balling those Transformers...
Me hugging a stuffed cow...I need love!!!!

I couldn't resist sitting on this old fashioned settee, or however you spell it.


Old wash basin


Scenery

More scenery

A German house


Beauty in the simple things.




Scenery



What a day, that's all I will say! Mainz Kastel / Wiesbaden is only about 30-40 minutes from us. Robert drove of course because me and the autobahn do not get along...LOL. Both of these places are Army bases...much bigger with more of a selection that our base, that's for sure.
Well half way there, I unbuckled the seat belt in which Robert flipped out and started screaming at me, so I had to scream back to get his attention. The thing was chocking me and I couldn't move, but he didn't believe me, as usual. Then the car started acting odd just as that was taking place and what had happened is Robert's journal had hit the gear from drive to neutral. It was quite freaky, but it was figured out. I got blamed for that too :( Everything is always my fault right?

Anyway so we got to Mainz Kastel first and hit the shopping places there. Also had lunch at Charley's, which didn't really impress me. Usually it's really good! Hmmm...oh well. We checked out the furniture store, the home and garden store, and several other small places.

Then since we had our car tune up parts in the car Robert thought it would be a good idea to try and fix at least something on our car there. (He was supposed to work on the car this morning but his friends stood him up). So after getting directions to the auto shop on base, we drove over there. Robert got some info as to what to do next and got back in the car. Since we were in a tight spot, I had to get out and direct him. Well, once he was out of that spot, he didn't bother to pick me back up, but drove off to some mechanic bay somewhere, leaving me alone and I had no idea where he went!!!!!

So, I went and sat on a bench in the wind and rain for 2 hours people watching. When he finally came around the corner, and I got in the car, I asked for an apology because that just wasn't right that he zoomed off and I had no idea where I even was! He was sorry. So anyway, he got our brakes and air filer changed and it only cost us $6. That's because what the mechanics do is show you how to do what needs to be done on the car and they allow you to do it, while supervising. Robert was happy. He said he felt like a real man for working on the car...LOL. We still have to put the fuel filter in...plus we plan on ordering 2 new front tires and we have spark plugs, but they told us we need the spark wires or something to go along with it, so....one thing at a time, know what I mean? The mechanic was shocked Robert said when he saw our old brakes...it's was metal to metal...LOL.

So after that, we went to Wiesbaden to the base exchange. Walked around and just looked and shopped. Robert bought a DVD and some Yu-Gi-Oh cards. We ate at Taco Bell (ours shut down so we were all excited...LOL).

And we came home. From Darmstadt (where we live) to Wiesbaden / Mainz Kastel isn't that hard to figure out.

Even though we had a few stressfull moments, it was worth the trip away from our base.

Gas over here on base is $3.12 per gallon. It was $3.21 yesterday. I put $35 in the tank this morning and it still didn't fill it up all the way! My mom said gas in FL is $2.65...what's wrong with this picture???? : /

Well Robert is watching the movie Charlotte's Web (kind of weird for a grown man to watch this, but hey, if it makes him happy...LOL.), and I think I will join him.

Have a blessed Sunday tomorrow!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What wonderful pictures. I love pictures, even if I fon't know everyone in them. LOL
Sounds like you had a nice time.

Have a great day.

Mrs. Anna T said...

I'm sure you were tired after such a day, but I hope you had fun anyway!

Anonymous said...

What an adventure!!
Loved the pictures, I have always wanted to go to Germany,I used to speak fluent German but have lost alot of it over the years!

Bless you sister
Amy

Michelle Therese said...

Mmmmmm candles! Recently this lovely cape-dressed lady who's name I won't say, but who's initials are DAWN IN GERMANY, sent me a whole boatload of beautiful scented candles!! I've been burning them every day and inhaling the lovely smells that fill the rooms!