It has been a little over 2 years since my last blog post. In those 2 years I have thought about closing this blog & just use Facebook as my social media portal. Facebook is fun, but it can be so dramatic sometimes. Everyone seems offended at everything on there.
However, I have 9 years invested in this blog & to just delete all the posts 'n pictures.... I couldn't bring myself to do it. So I let the blog lay stagnant & untouched until recently I felt drawn back to it.
Where shall I begin.....??? I don't know, but I will give it a try.
Robert turned 37 on March 8th. He is still doing data entry at his company that he has been at for 3 years. He shall be getting a raise within the month. He isn't happy working there & has put in many applications for other jobs, but he either doesn't hear back from them or he is rejected. :( I encourage him to keep applying & not give up.
I turned 35 on July 18th. After working at McDonald's for 2 years, I quit the end of April (2016) & began working as a Customer Service Representative at Circle K. If you don't know what that is, it is a convenience store. I was really starting to get burnt out at McDonald's. It was bad.
Life at Circle K is so much better. Of course I still deal with the public, but it's not as stressful like McDonald's was. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed my time at McDonald's. I loved working with the managers & fellow co-workers, but the customers left me drained every day. I don't understand why some people have to be so rude, nasty & disrespectful over some chicken nuggets or cheeseburgers
.
News flash public: Fast food workers are human beings too. They have feelings & emotions just like you do!
Anyway, I left McDonald's making $8.25/hr. with no benefits & now at Circle K, I make $9.00/hr., health/vision/dental care if I want it (yes please!), life insurance, 401K, paid vacation days, & after 1 year of working there, they will pay for schooling if one chooses to go to college. I also get paid every week. McDonald's I got paid every 2 weeks.
Robert & I are better off financially right now then we have been in a very long time, but, we have a long way to go yet. We have begun to have a savings account again, after years of not having one, & are doing our best to pay down our debt the best we can each month. Some months we just can't. Life gets in the way sometimes like when the car's a/c goes out, leaky pipes, unexpected medical expenses, traffic citations, etc. We just keep on truckin' though. It's all we can do.
We also celebrated 15 years of marriage on June 18th of this year.
We also celebrated 15 years of marriage on June 18th of this year.
I kind of feel rusty being back at Blogger again, so I think I will close for today & will try again in a few days.
Take care world!
Love,
Dawn
4 comments:
Glad to see you back! I know what you mean about all of it. I took a significant pay cut to be at my current job but it's doing what I love so I can't complain too loudly. Plus I'm at home more and that's worth it's weight in gold.
I'd love to have a good savings account sooner than later. Living pay check to pay check sucks!
I'm a long time reader of your blog, since your days in Germany ! How can I friend you on Facebook ? It's nice to hear you are doing better, I still check your blog from time to time to see if you have updated :-)
Muriel from France (Muriel Delecourt on Facebook)
Youre back!!!!!!Yay!!! I too quit blogging and try to make a come back now and then but..... I was A Godly Homemaker. Glad you are here
.Hi Dawn, welcome back. I too have followed you from Germany days.
Say a novena to St Joseph, or maybe two. He is the patron of finding a job. All the best. God bless.
Post a Comment