BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, July 13, 2014

6 months later....

Hello to one and all (if I still have any readers left that is, lol).

I guess I should do an update on me and the Mister.  :)

We were able to keep our house, although our new mortgage payment is now doubled what it used to be as the bank is paying 2014's homeowners insurance and our property taxes for the year due to some circumstances.
Grateful for a roof over my head that's for sure!  :)

We were able to get a used car in February.  It's a 2004 Chevy Cavalier and had fairly low mileage on it for being 10 years old (64,000+).  We make payments of $150 every 2 weeks.  The car will be paid off August 2015.  Robert and I really like the tinted windows especially since the Texas sun can fry you in minutes, plus it has cold working A/C.  The only bad thing about this car is that it eats A LOT of gas.  We have had some things go wrong with it since we have had it and we are slowly getting them fixed and or paid off as money permits.
Grateful for a set of wheels!!!  Thank you Yahweh!!!  \0/

Once we got this car, I e-mailed / called RGIS to get my job back.  I tried for several weeks and heard nothing from them. 
So I gave up on them and began applying at other places.

March 8th we celebrated Robert's 35th birthday!  We went to On The Border.  I think mom sent him a gift card there.  We LOVE OTB!  There food is so good!!!

March 8th I also learned that the ministers wife of the Mennonite church I used to attend (Janet) passed away.  Brain aneurism.  :(  I went to her viewing and both me and Robert went to her funeral.  Please keep her husband Marlin and their children & grandchildren in your prayers as they have to go through the years of "firsts" without their wife/ mom / grandma.

The 1st week of April I began working at
as a cashier.  :)  It's only part time and I get paid minimum wage, but it's something.  I have never had register experience till now and I must say, I really enjoy it.  I also enjoy getting to interact with the customers for the most part, but I do have to deal with my share of rude, cocky, arrogant, people who curse at me, curse at Yahweh, get an attitude, etc.  Thankfully I only have to deal with them for a few moments....
I get along with all my co-workers too.
I think the "bad part" about being up front is customers lack of manners.  I have been sick twice so far since working there (currently am sick) because customers don't bother to cover their mouths when coughing and guess who is in front of the customer???  It's so NASTY!!!!  People, please cover your mouths when coughing.  It's a basic manner you should have been taught when growing up.
I don't like going to work sick, but I don't have a choice.  I take my pills with me and take them as needed.  I need a doctors note in order to stay home, but I can't afford to go see a doctor, or to stay home, so I do what I have to do.
I normally don't have to handle people's food, but when I do (like putting in on the tray), I make sure my hands are sanitized and I don't breathe on the food.

June 18th Robert and I celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary.   Robert took the day off from work (he gets paid days off), I didn't though as I don't get paid days off.  We either went to On the Border or Chuy's to celebrate, I can't recall which.  Here we are with my mom and dad in 2001.

Now we are into July.  July 18th I will turn 33 years old.  I have that day off from work.  I will pick Robert up from work and we will go dine at Fresco's in Burleson Texas.  We LOVE Fresco's!!!!  They have the best quesadillas and guacamole that I have ever had.  I can't wait!!!!  It's well worth the 30 minute trip.

So, yeah, I think I got all the highlights of the past few months.

With us still not having any internet at home and our work schedules, getting online is a rare treat for me these days.  :)

I hope each and every one of you are well.  Stay cool & hydrated in this summer heat!

Much love to you all,

Dawn

8 comments:

Jenny in WV said...

Glad to hear you got a car and a job and were able to celebrate some happy occasions. I hope things continue to improve. Are you still going to the Byzantine church?

Dawn said...

Jenny,

Yes, we are still going to the Byzantine Church. :)
Thank you for asking.

GOD bless you!

alaskadreamin said...

So glad to hear an update from you. I worked for Regis for a short period of time & didn't like the company at all. Their loss! Best wishes Dawn.

laura said...

Stay strong Dawn! If you need help ask! Have you ever considered a moped? I might be helpful to say wear and tear on your car.

Dawn said...

Well, I don't live very far from work, it's within walking distance from our house, but Robert's job is 20 miles back and forth so he needs a vehicle especially with the 100* temps currently.

With our current money situation, we cannot afford a moped. Besides it would probably get stolen, just like Robert's bike recently did. :(

We will be alright though. :)

Thank you for caring.

laura said...

Please keep us updated. Would you think about a gofundme page? McDonald's is a good start to get some work history.

Dawn said...

If I was to start a GoFundMe page, it would to help pay our bills, more so then a moped at this point in time :)

Yes, McDonald's is a good start after being a homemaker for 10 years and I really like the cashier experience. :)

Katrina said...

Hi! I was thinking about your blog, do you feel like an update? :) Take care!