Since my last post. My apologies to you.
I don't really have too much to update you on.
June 18th Robert & I celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary. I have no recollection of what we did. I think we went out to eat at On the Border because my mom sent us a gift card for that.
July 16th - 26th my mom came over from Florida. We had a fun visit together. Didn't really do much as neither of us had any money to spend, but spending time together was worth more then any sight seeing trips to Dallas & Ft. Worth.
July 18th I turned 32 years old. Mom took me and Robert to our favorite Mexican restaurant called Frescos. She likes their food too from when she last visited so it was a win/win for everyone. :)
I began a part time job as an inventory auditor with a company called RGIS in the first week of October. I really like what I do. I hope to get better at it as time goes on. Right now it's a bit slow as far as hours are concerned, but should pick up come January.
My heart is still at home though.
Robert has went through several jobs in the past 8 months. One he quit because it was extremely stressful, the 2nd one he got fired because they said he moved to slow, and the one he is at now, he has been there since August. It's full time. He's doing data entry for a company called FYI Television. He's hoping to get the graphic design position there soon.
Plus he still does sound gigs on weekends sometimes.
It's been a really rough year for us financially. I am sure many of you out there may be in the same boat. We haven't been able to pay all of our bills, our names have been sent over to various collection agencies, we're always getting disconnection notices from the electric and water companies, and I won't be surprised if the bank comes to reposses the car soon since we don't have the funds to make the monthly payments right now. I hope not as that is our only mode of transportation to get to and from work.
Please pray with me that 2014 will be better financially for us. Thank you. :)
Robert and I donate plasma twice per week that helps to bring in a little cash for gas, maybe pay a small bill, or buy a bit of food, plus I have belonged to about 10 various survey companies and do get compensated for taking surveys, but it's not much.
I go to a food bank once per month for food (that's all they allow).
There is just never enough money to go around.... :(
But... GOD is still GOOD!! We haven't went hungry, we haven't went without power or water, we have a nice warm bed to sleep in every night, we have clothes on our back and a roof over our head.
We are so very blessed!!!
I am probably forgetting all kinds of things, but I will wrap this up for now.
GOD be with you all.
Love,
Dawn
Wednesday, December 11, 2013
It's been 8 months....
Posted by Dawn at 3:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I pray the Christ blesses you and Robert so richly that you cannot contain them. God Bless U both, Love in Christ, Benita
May God open the windows of heaven and pour out the blessings on you and Roberto. May you always be grateful for every blessing and may you be blessed with abundance to share with those less fortunate....all my love, Deb
Dear Deb,
Even though we don't have much, we do still share with the less fortunate when we can. Like make them little snack baggies from what's in our cabinets.
Sometimes we can afford to give them a $1 but that's really been rough to do this year.
My dream is to open a hotel for the homeless.
There would be plenty of rooms for them to stay in, get basic medical care and they would get 3 meals a day.
We shall see. :)
That would be awesome Dawn! You just never know what God is gonna do!! ♥
Post a Comment