It's a quite beautiful spring day this afternoon in North Texas. Everything is green, the bugs are out. We haven't turned on our a/c yet, been using fans & it's comfortable in the house. At night & in the early mornings, I open the house up & let the cool air glide throughout. It keeps the house cool all day long. For that I am thankful....
Earlier this week my beloved picked up his cap & gown for graduation.
My mom is definitely coming to Texas in May for 1 week. She sent me her itinerary. We're both so excited since we haven't seen each other in 3 years.
I've been cleaning / purging the 2nd bedroom / hubby's recording studio / hubby's art studio / catch all room to make room for her.
We have a double sized futon in there for her to use. We plan on getting some nice thick padding for the top and bottom since futon mattresses aren't that comfortable in my opinion, especially when you can feel the bars of it on your back and legs when you sleep.
Originally we were going to put mom in a hotel (that way she can sit by the pool and read till her heart's content) but that's $800 for the week at a decent hotel & that is out of the question.
So I am happy to have her in my home sweet home. I look forward to cooking & baking for her what ever she has a taste for.
I will rent a car for the week she's here and she said she would help pay for it. I know she wants to go shopping, go visit the Botanical Gardens in Ft. Worth, go to the Dallas Aquarium, stuff like that.
Plus a family from church already invited her over to their house for supper one night, so me, her and Robert will go do that.
She's not even here and her schedule is already filling up. :)
Please keep her in your prayers if you don't mind. She recently gave up smoking in January, well she's down to 2 cigarettes a day now, which is better than nothing, but pray she has the determination & will power to give it all up completely. Thank you so much.
Her birthday is April 9th. She will be 66 years old. The thought that she is almost nearing 70 just boggles my mind at times.
I have been so content, so at peace with my relationship with Yahweh. Oh the joy that floods my soul! I am learning more about Him and growing deeper in His Word every day.
Church is going so well. We had revival meetings all last week. I didn't get a chance to go to them since they were all in the evening and Robert was either working or at school during that time. It's alright though.
Tomorrow evening is Sabbath. I've got the house all ready to go, minus the vacuuming which I will do once I finish this.
I want to wish you all a blessed Sabbath day in advance.
I've been off raw foods for 1 month now. I was becoming very judgmental of people who didn't believe the way I did or eat the way I did and I also felt I was making raw foods / veganism an idol. I really was. So I halted it.
Now I am trying to find a balance and I am not sure how to do that.
Here are some pictures of the past 2 weeks or so.
With love,
Dawn
Thursday, March 29, 2012
Content in the Creator
Robert & I do these devotionals together. One in the morning and 1 in the evening. They've really strengthened us as a couple and we are learning together how to make our marriage stronger. I enjoy the challenge. I am so thankful he is willing to do these with me. Normally we don't do much spiritual activity together.
Chewy Apple Oatmeal cookies were a hit with Robert, his co-workers and at fellowship meal in church.
I've been reading the Apocrypha lately. What a blessing it is in my life. Especially the books of Tobit, Wisdom and Sirach. Those 3 books are a must read in my opinion.
I know most Christians stay away from those "Catholic books" and believe that the Catholic church 'added' them to the Bible, when in all reality, it was the Protestants, during the Reformation who decided to do away with them.
Some older KJV Bibles still have the Apocrypha in it.
Aren't you the least bit curious to see what happened during some of those 400 silent years between the Old and New Testament?
You don't have to be afraid to read it. There is alot of beautiful wisdom you can apply to your life.
Posted by Dawn at 2:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Excellent blog post Dawn! We are reading in the book of Sirach right now and I was pleased to see you posting verses from it last week.
Please, if you figure out a way of eating that is healthy minus the raw vegan (hubby doesn't know if we could do that or not), please let me know. We are desperately trying to lose weight and having such a hard time of it.
Joe works 10-12 hours a day and by the time he gets home he is so tired that the most we do is about a 20 minute walk.
I am encouraged greatly in the joy I see in your pictures and posts.
sister Dawn! I love you to pieces and I am so happy to see your contentment and love for the Lord. I'm also more happy than I should probably admit to see those yummy cookies...lol!! Looks like you've been having a little baking fun :)
Blessings!
Susan
we are doing the lent fast with our church. which excludes, meats, dairy products, some fish, alcohol and I can't remember all of it. since this is the first real fast we have ever done, we are taking it slow and excluding meat and the fish with backbones. its been a great learning and experience. If you heard of the Daniel Fast its pretty similar to that. my hubby and I don't really miss meat all that much we have been eating a lot of Indian food because a lot of people from India are vegetarian and it has worked well with our fasting. we have been using a lot of this Indian lady's recipes http://www.manjulaskitchen.com/ they are super easy and she has videos and excellent instructions. I to love the book of Sirach! I haven't read all of it, but from what I've read its full of wisdom and we can apply a lot it today to our lives. be blessed!
Post a Comment