BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, April 4, 2011

Raw & Vegan delicacies, among other news bits

I've been meaning to get this blog post out for the past few days but something else always took precedence...not tonight though. The dishes can wait a few more minutes. =)

*

*

In my last blog post I mentioned how me and the husband were going to go try this vegan resturant in Plano, Texas.

Well, we never got around to it. Hopefully soon though.

*

*


We did however stick to the 2 local vegan resturants, one in Arlington called, The Loving Hut and our ultimate favorite place ever in Dallas, Spiral Diner and Bakery.


Thought I would make your mouth water with these. =)

A 'Sloppy Jim' from the Loving Hut. Consists of a veggie hot dog, seitan, onion, and the normal hot dog fixings.


Raw Pasta from the Loving Hut. Consists of fresh zucchini noodles served with raw tomato sauce.


Chili Wrap from the Loving Hut. Consists of chili, vegan cheese, corn chips, salad greens, onions and tomatoes.


BBQ Wrap from the Loving Hut. Consists of seitan, salad greens, avocado, onions, tomatoes and homemade BBQ sauce.


Raw Sushi from the Loving Hut. Consists of lettuce, shredded carrots, turnips, avocado, alfalfa sprouts, wrapped in seaweed and served with this super yummy sweet 'n sour sauce.


Cookies 'n cream shake from Spiral.




Lemon cake from Spiral.




The Big Taquito from Spiral. Consists of tofu scramble with diced sausage, onions, bell peppers, potatoes, and avocado. Served with a side of salsa.



Organic raw brownie from the Loving Hut. Sorry about how sloppy it looks. I was driving and well, Texas driving is a bit rough on to-go orders. =) It has fresh raspberry sauce on top.



Organic raw pumpkin pie from the Loving Hut. Topped with fresh raspberry sauce.




Slice of lemon cake from Spiral.




Grilled portobello quesadilla from Spiral (one of the best things ever, oh my goodness.....top it with that awesome guacomole and you will have expierenced a little piece of heaven). =) Consists of grilled veggies, cheeze, tomatoes, green onions and chipolte sauce.



Vegan BLT from Spiral.



Party platter from Spiral.



Vanilla cake from Spiral.




Philly cheesesteak sandwich from Spiral. Consists of marinated and grilled seitan with melted cheez and grilled red bell peppers,onions, tomatoes, and olives on a hoagie bun.




BBQ sandwich from Spiral, marinated & grilled seitan, BBQ sauce on grilled bread with dill pickles, fresh red onion & mayo.



Nacho supremo from Spiral.



Just a raw salad I picked up from Whole Foods one day.


*

*


Went to a fabulous Mennonite wedding this weekend. Maybe I will get around to making a blog post about the messages. No pictures since pictures were not allowed till after the reception was over, but I do have a picture of the couple who were married so I can share that. =)



*

*


All kinds of doctor appointments as of late it seems. This Friday I have an eye doctor and dentist appointment.

Then on the 15th I have a doctor appointment to get my hemoglobin levels checked. It will be 6 week since I began taking the iron pills and I can vouch and say I feel a HUGE difference, so hopefully my numbers have risen a good bit so I can get off of almost 1,000 mg. a day of iron pills and maybe narrow it down to 375 mg. or so. We shall see.

Also had a doctor appointment last week as I have had this lump on the back of my neck for months now.

It hasn't grown (that I could tell) but it was still rather unnerving to me.

So the doc checked it out and said it's a swollen lymph node (I figured as much). She has me on antibiotics for that and said when I come back on the 15th, if it hasn't gone down then she wants a sonogram of it and or a biopsy.

Lovely... sigh...

So far, I don't think it's gone down any.

How long does it usually take antibiotics to work?

*

*

On a positive health note...please keep us in your prayers as we actively pursue having a baby.

Our 10 year anniversary is coming up, as is my 30th (gasp!) birthday. I would love to announce on one of those days to my beloved that we are expecting a wee little one. =)

I am amazed the emotional toll it takes on me as yet another month passes, 'Aunt Flo' shows up, another BFN (big fat negative) pregnancy test, and then a friend announces her pregnancy or I hear on the news of a mother or father murdering their children and I ask Yahweh 'why them, and not me? What is wrong with me Yahweh?'

Hug your children extra close tonight and praise YHWH for them. Thank Him for your fertility and an open womb because not everybody is blessed with it.


Many a lady has recommended I get the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler. So, while out at the used bookstore yesterday I came across it and snatched it up. I do have much to learn about my cycle, ovulation, you know, those type of things because not all women are the same.

On Amazon, all 1300 commenters gave it 5 stars, so you know it's a good find. =)


Also picked up some Maca from Whole Foods. Maca is a food (but it's found in the supplement section) and it helps with balancing hormones, increasing libido, increases energy and helps with the male and female reproductive parts.


I know there are other herbs like Evening Primrose, Vitex (Chasteberry), etc. I've done a bit of research on 'em, but I think for the time being I will stick with Maca.


*

*


Okay, now I've got to get to those dishes, get hubby's supper ready, change sheets, shower, etc, etc and it's already 9:30 p.m.


*

*

Shalom,

Dawn



5 comments:

Michelle, a heart at home said...

You've been busy!
The foods look really good---most of them don't look "healthy". :-D
I'll be watching for your post on the Mennonite wedding. I've always held the Amish/Mennonite lifestyle in the highest regard---but knew I could never convert because of the deep differences in the way we interpret the Scriptures. Still, I think that when it comes to family/relationships, they do a lot of things right.
I will be praying for you---I'm sure that the lump is very disconcerting---it would be to me--but we know the Healer!
The story of our family is a long one, but I did experience a bit of "secondary infertility" and can tell you that after reading Toni Weschler's book and taking Vitex, I became pregnant in a very short period of time (less than 6 months). I'm not familiar with Maca, but if it doesn't help, I do recommend the Vitex. I have "The Naturally Healthy Pregnancy" by Shonda Parker---if you are interested, I'd be glad to send it to you. You can email me directly and let me know. At 45, I believe that I'm entering the next stage of my womanhood --- so I won't be using it anymore.
It was good to have an update from you---I'll be watching for another after you've been to the doctor.
Shalom!

Victoria said...

Dawn you might be interested in investigating NaPro Technology.

http://www.naprotechnology.com/

Victoria said...

Dawn you might be interested in investigating NaPro Technology.

http://www.naprotechnology.com/

Patty said...

Love spiral diner.
I used to keep track of how many friends got pregnant when I was trying so hard but gave up after 96.
God has plans to prosper us and not to harm us and He had plans for us too. When your body has undergone big changes like yours has, it often takes some time for things to readjust. Be patient and do the things you can to provide optimum chances of conception, like no tighty whities for hubby etc and no stress as that is a huge contributer to infertility. Prayers

Anonymous said...

Hi there. I have read your blog when I found it through Farm Hijabi (Michelle's link).

I've known of people who couldn't conceive due to their vegan diet.

This link talks about it some too.

http://www.gutsense.org/infertility/inf_vegetarian.html

If you Google "eating for fertility" you can find some good links on it.

I'm praying for you! Glad to see you're blogging!