BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Whew!



I had hoped for a quiet decent day today.
It started out pretty good.
Woke up at 8 a.m., got dressed, drove over to WalGreens to get 2 things, mailed off a huge box of much needed necessities at the post office to a family in need, drove through Sonic and got a soda and a breakfast sandwich, and went home as hubby had to leave at 10 a.m. for work.
With only minutes to spare I hurried and made his lunch and wooshed him out the door so he wouldn't be late.

I began a load of laundry, clipped coupons and finished a movie I began yesterday while writing in my journal.

With it being such a beautiful day outside, I took advantage of it and began cleaning up the outside by our front door and clipping the dead weeds and shrubbery in what's supposed to be a garden area or whatever it is.
Whoever was here before me had planted rose bushes and owwwwww gotta watch those thorns when pulling and weeding... thankfully I didn't bleed too bad...lol.
I did as much as I could before I called it quits and it's not perfect, but it looks much much better.
I need to get a pair of gardening shears or something to continue pruning away at the mess outside our living room window.

A few hours later, I was moving some drying racks in the dining room and noticed a squiggly black thing. At first I thought it was a worm as worms have gotten in this house before, so have those gross slugs...ugh!

Upon further inspection of this predator in my home, I realized it was a baby SNAKE!!!
So, what did I do besides wish hubby was home to kill it?
I grabbed my white plastic mixing bowl and through it over it...lol. My goal was to lift the bowl up and take it outside to release the snake.
So, with that idea in mind, I lifted the bowl and the snake slithered away and I freaked.
So what did I grab next?
A can of Raid and began spraying the thing to death in hoping it would die....lol.
At one point it stopped moving and all was well. I figured I would wait for hubby to get home so he could dispose of it (note to all, I have used Raid to kill baby frogs so I figured it would work on a baby snake too).
Yeah, well, I spoke too soon and it began slithering away and I freaked again and ran over to my neighbor's house.

I asked her if she would like to kill a baby snake and she let out a big hearty 'NO'....lol.
But her grandson was there and he walked over. He said it's probably a garden snake because they have 'em in their backyard.
I didn't care what it was, it needed to be out of my house ASAP! LOL. :-D
At first he didn't see it on the floor (my tile is black and the snake was black).
But he scooped it up with that mixing bowl and the blasted thing was still alive.
He took it outside to show his grandma but she freaked and ran in the house...
He tossed it across the street in the grass, I thanked him, through the bowl away and began to breathe again back in the house.

Not more than an hour later, I was in the bedroom putting clothes away and I spotted something crawling on the wall next to my side of the bed.
"Oh no...not again" I thought.
So I grabbed my shoe and killed whatever it was, I think it was a cricket.

If it crawls, creeps, or slithers and it's inside my house, it won't last long. Period.

After folding the clothes I had to hurry downstairs and start dinner because Robert was on his way home.
We had breakfast for dinner (egg and potato burritos).

I left about 8 p.m. and got gas in the card, got minutes for the phone and grabbed us some soda's before heading home.

I think I am going to leave the dishes till tomorrow and concentrate on my Bible reading after I take a shower.

Oh did I mention our kitchen sink is leaking so now I do our dishes in the bathroom sink? Well I do them in a dishpan and rinse in the bathroom sink...nice eh? :-)

I seem to have injured my right hand somehow. It's extremely painful to lift small things like a soda cup, a book, a lid, and to steer or shut / open the door.
I probably strained it doing who knows what.
I have a mild case of tendinitis in my left hand that flares up from time to time. That's what this feels like in my right. Hopefully it will be better by tomorrow.


We had rain for 3 days pretty much non stop. It brought along much cooler weather. We haven't been using the a/c all that much at all because it's been so nice out (upper 60's at night, 80's during the day). Praise Yah for that! I don't want to see another $300 electric bill ever again! :-/

Okay, well time is a tickin' and it's close to 10 p.m. so I best be scootin'!

May you all have a wonderful rest of the week!

Tschuss!

3 comments:

Michelle Therese said...

"If it crawls, creeps, or slithers and it's inside my house, it won't last long. Period."

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn,

Thanks for dropping by at my place.I have indeed heard of the Shakers, its a shame that they are divided over a minor issue."United we stand, together we fall." These links may interest you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_amDJ6QkAw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff35nXrH-2s&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVP66QnWOpQ&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8DJYINQObc&feature=related

Darelina said...

That is one very busy day! :)