Robert and I were invited out to dinner at the Knepp family (Gary, Tabitha and their 7 children) home in Grandview TX. I go to church with them. :-) And me and Tabitha (the wife) write snail mail letters back and forth (yes we only live less than an hour from each other, but it's fun to write one another).
We had no trouble finding our way to their home, praise the LORD.
Supper was not quite done yet, so we all fellowshipped in the living room while it cooked.
They built their home from the ground up, it's really neat to see actually. They still aren't done with the inside, but it takes $$$ to do it all, ya know?
We talked and laughed and had a good time.
Supper was done cooking and we had a good meal of meatloaf, corn, mashed potatoes and a salad.
For dessert we had homemade mint chocolate chip ice cream. It was made with goat's milk and was so yummy!! Tastes much better than Ben & Jerry's any day! :-D
After dessert, the family sang 2 songs for us. Robert LOVED it! He was like 'I wish we could record them'. :-) Indeed their voices were a little slice of Heaven!
We also seen Gary's woodworking shop (he makes caskets, cabinets, pretty much anything out of wood.)
To see an actual casket (he had several to show us) it was really neat. And I LOVE the smell of real wood!
Then we went to see their well and garden. Big garden!
We went back inside and fellowshipped a bit more and then left about 8:30 p.m. since we knew it would be near an hour before we got home.
We had such a blessed time and Robert and I plan on blessing them back with a gift card to a grocery store and Robert wants to get them some eco-friendly light bulbs (he's big on the whole light bulb thing...lol) just as soon as we get paid.
Well, I thought I would share our evening with you all. I must get showered and to bed in order to be ready for church tomorrow.
Yah Bless and keep you all.
~ Dawn
We had no trouble finding our way to their home, praise the LORD.
Supper was not quite done yet, so we all fellowshipped in the living room while it cooked.
They built their home from the ground up, it's really neat to see actually. They still aren't done with the inside, but it takes $$$ to do it all, ya know?
We talked and laughed and had a good time.
Supper was done cooking and we had a good meal of meatloaf, corn, mashed potatoes and a salad.
For dessert we had homemade mint chocolate chip ice cream. It was made with goat's milk and was so yummy!! Tastes much better than Ben & Jerry's any day! :-D
After dessert, the family sang 2 songs for us. Robert LOVED it! He was like 'I wish we could record them'. :-) Indeed their voices were a little slice of Heaven!
We also seen Gary's woodworking shop (he makes caskets, cabinets, pretty much anything out of wood.)
To see an actual casket (he had several to show us) it was really neat. And I LOVE the smell of real wood!
Then we went to see their well and garden. Big garden!
We went back inside and fellowshipped a bit more and then left about 8:30 p.m. since we knew it would be near an hour before we got home.
We had such a blessed time and Robert and I plan on blessing them back with a gift card to a grocery store and Robert wants to get them some eco-friendly light bulbs (he's big on the whole light bulb thing...lol) just as soon as we get paid.
Well, I thought I would share our evening with you all. I must get showered and to bed in order to be ready for church tomorrow.
Yah Bless and keep you all.
~ Dawn

5 comments:
Sounds like so much fun! I'm glad you have people like that to fellowship with. It takes an hour to get to your church. You know... you are so much braver than I am. I'm not sure I could have made the trek to a church that far from home and done it alone.
Blessings sister!
Darelina
That sounds like a great evening of fellowship!
It's so good to see you having such a good time back home in the States!!
Sounds like a lovely time of fellowship...thanks for sharing about it. I felt like I was right there with you :o)
love Lynda
I got a new laptop and lost some of my blog bookmarks. I am so glad I found your again. I have missed checking in with you to see how the LORD has been working in your life.
Now you are safely bookmarked and written in my folder of must reads. *grin*
Time to get the rest of dinner started, but I wanted to take a moment to let you know that I may not have visited recently but you were never far from thought.
~Mrs. M
Post a Comment