I read of a man who stood to speak at the funeral of a friend.
He referred to the dates on her tombstone from the beginning... to the end.
He noted that first came her date of birth and spoke the following date with tears,but he said what mattered most of all was the “dash” between those years. (1934 -1998)
For that dash represents all the time that she spent alive on earth...and now only those who loved her know what that little line is worth.
For it matters not, how much we own; the cars...the house...the cash, what matters is how we live and love and how we spend our “dash”.
So think about this long and hard...are there things you'd like to change?
For you never know how much time is left,that can still be rearranged.
If we could just slow down enough to consider what's true and real, and always try to understand the way other people feel.
And be less quick to anger, and show appreciation more and love the people in our lives like we've never loved before.
If we treat each other with respect,and more often wear a smile...remembering that this special “dash”might only last a little while.
So, when your eulogy's being read with your life's actions to rehash...would you be proud of the things they say about how you spent your “dash”?
Copyright by Linda Ellis
What a short, but very thought provoking poem. It makes one stop and think about what we have done, are doing, going to be doing in this life.
The Bible tells us our life is but a vapor. It's so very short. 24 hours in one day is never enough time to get everything we want done.
The one thing that is going to matter the most at the end of our lives is how we served Yahweh.
Our life is going to be judged by the Bible and if we heeded it's warnings and instructions or not.
Nothing else is going to matter.
I tell myself that at times when things get rough. All these carnal, fleshly problems are nothing when we think about standing before Yahweh having our life poured out before our very eyes and Him telling us if we make it into Heaven or not.
~Yahweh, I do try to honor, obey and listen to You and Your Word, but I fail...more times than I care to admit.
That doesn't stop me though as I get myself back up, dust myself off and get back on the narrow path, but I am far from being what You would have me be.
I am an open vessel Yahweh, mold me, shape me, use me so that Your plans may be fulfilled.
Amen.~
Shabbat Shalom from a fellow pilgrim <(((><
Dawn

2 comments:
I am a weak vessel. I hope and pray that I can make an impact for the good and not the bad on people's lives.- Briana
God bless you! I needed this message today - your addendum especially!
Post a Comment