BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, August 13, 2009

A Quote from....




"Taking up your cross means doing what pleases Jesus Christ, whether others do it or not. It means continuing obedience, even if others make fun of you. Taking up your cross is loyalty to Jesus and the teaching of the Scriptures in persecution and in affluence. Look at the context of Luke 9:24: "If any man will come after me." Many people here about the love of Jesus and say "I'll accept Christ". However, the first step given here is self - denial, that is, a willingness to obey in full and to die for Christ, if that is what it takes. Baptism into Jesus Christ is a baptism unto death. I'm ready to die for obedience to Jesus Christ. I'm laying down my self made plans for my life and giving Jesus Christ full access to my heart.
The second step in this Scripture is taking up your cross daily. This means on an everyday basis you will do what honors Jesus, even if people make fun of you."

--- page 79

Wow...huh? :-D

Blessings,
Dawn



























































0 comments: