BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Precious words and promises about Shabbat straight from the Word of GOD

Genesis 2: 2-3 ~ And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made, and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it; because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.
Exodus 16: 23 ~ And he said unto them, This is that which the LORD hath said, Tomorrow is the rest of the holy Sabbath unto the LORD: bake that which ye will bake today, and seethe that ye will seethe; and that which remaineth over lay up for you to be kept until the morning.
Exodus 16: 26 ~ Six days ye shall gather it, but on the seventh day, which is the Sabbath, in it there shall be none.
Exodus 16: 28-30 ~ And the LORD said unto Moses, How long refuse ye to keep my commandments and my laws?
See, for that the LORD hath given you the Sabbath, therefore He giveth you on the sixth day the bread of two days, abide ye every man in his place, let no man go out of his place on the seventh day.
So the people rested on the seventh day.
Exodus 20: 8-11 ~ Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labor and do all thy work; but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD thy GOD: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou nor they son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor they maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.
Exodus 31: 12-18 ~ And the LORD spake unto Moses saying,
Speak thou also unto the children of Israel saying; verily my Sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations, that ye may know that I am the LORD that doth sanctify you.
Ye shall keep the Sabbath therefore, for it is holy unto you; every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death:for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people.
Six days may work be done, but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD; whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day he shall surely be put to death.
Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant.
It is a sign between me and the children of Israel forever, for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.
And he gave unto Moses, when he had made an end of communing with him upon mount Sinai, two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of GOD.
Deuteronomy 5: 12-15 ~ Keep the Sabbath day, to sanctify it as the LORD thy GOD as commanded thee.
Six days thou shalt labor, and do all thy work:
But on the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy GOD: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, nor thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thine ox, not thine ass, no any of thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates; that thy manservant and maidservant may rest as well as thou.
And remember that thou wast a servant in the land of Egypt, and that they LORD thy GOD brought thee out thence through a mighty hand and by a stretched out arm: therefore the LORD thy GOD commanded thee to keep the Sabbath day.
Isaiah 56: 2 ~ Blessed is the man that doeth this, and the son of man that layeth hold on it; that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and keepeth his hand from doing any evil.
Isaiah 58: 13-14 ~ If thou turn thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day, and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable, and shalt honour Him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasures, nor speaking thine own words:
Then shalt thou delight thyself in the LORD, and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father, for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.
Isaiah 66: 23 ~ And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one Sabbath, to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.
Matthew 24: 20 ~ But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the Sabbath day.
Mark 2: 27-28 ~ And he said unto them, the Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath. Therefore the Son of Man is Lord also of the Sabbath,
Luke 6: 5-6 ~ And he said unto them that the Son of man is LORD also of the Sabbath. And it came to pass on another Sabbath, that He entered into the synagogue and taught....
Acts 13:14 ~ But when they departed from Perga, they came to Antioch in Pisidia and went into the synagouge on the Sabbath day and sat down.
Acts 13: 42 ~ And when the Jews were gone out of the synagouge, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next Sabbath.
Acts 13: 44 ~ And the next Sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the Word of GOD.
Oy vey, there are just so many verses, so many in the Old and New Testament concerning the seventh day / Sabbath day. I think my fingers are numb...lol. I know I could have just copied and pasted, but hey, my brain is over fried from the heat today. :-)
We all must study the Word for ourselves.
A concordance and your Bible will help you to locate more verses concerning this blessed subject.
I felt that I wanted to share these because in the comment section in the post below I mentioned several verses of Scripture but forgot to put where they are at. That was my mistake and I apologize.
Instead of jumping to conclusions, seriously study each of these verses, ask Yahweh to help you understand them better. He will reveal their truths to you if you are willing to be still and listen.
Well I myself must get back to studying. I am so excited!!! I feel like I just got saved all over again \o/ HalleluYAH!!!
Love you all in Yahshua the Messiah!
Dawn

6 comments:

Michelle Therese said...

Er... thanks for the reminder! I've gotten caught up in that trap of, "I've got housework to do." I've basically **forgotten** to honor the Sabbath. (Lovely.)

I'm trying to train myself to cook Sunday dinner on Saturday night and to make sure all essential work is done so that I can observe the Sabbath properly!!

Unknown said...

Dear Coffee Catholic,

Sunday is not the Sabbath.

Sundown Friday night to Sundown Saturday night is the Sabbath.

Unknown said...

Dawn,

This is a really great post. I love that it is rainbow colored.

Growing In Grace Magazine said...

I see the Sabbath as a prophecy of the coming Messiah. It looks to me like God is describing our Lord Jesus. He is Lord of the Sabbath. Jesus Christ is our rest, He IS our Sabbath. Our perpetual covenant. :O)

Patty said...

are you keeping saturday sabbath now Dawn ?

Anonymous said...

I keep reading on this website that going to church on Sunday is wrong? So now I am confused, Are all of my ancestors that went to church on Sundays burning in hell? What happened to being saved "by faith alone"? I am not Jewish. Are gentile Christians still under that law? I'm not a biblical scholar but didn't both peter and Paul speak out against that? I thought it was only meat sacrificed to idols that we were supposed to avoid.