BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, April 6, 2009

~^* April blessings to all *^~

Finished reading a few days ago. Very good book. Gave me more insight about Susanna as I really didn't know much about her other than she had a bunch of children and John Wesley her last son was the founder of the Methodists.


Currently reading, in fact, began it today. :-)

A Vast Difference





Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. 1 Corinthians 2:12





It is possible to grow up in a church, learn the catechism and have everything done to us that they do to us, within reason. But after we have done all that, we may not know God at all, because God isn't known by those external things. We are blind and can't see, because the things of God no man knows but by the Spirit of God....We imagine that we can handle it by the flesh, and we do handle it by the flesh-the Lord lets us do it.





We can hold the creed and not know God in His person at all. We can know the doctrine and not know spiritual things at all. The fearful consequence is that many people know about God but don'tknow God Himself.





There is a vast difference between knowing about God and knowing God-a vast difference!. ..So it is that the human being can know about God, can know about Christ's dying for him, can even write songs and books, can be the head of religious organizations and hold important church offices-and still never have come to the vital, personal knowledge of God at all. Only by the Holy Spirit can he know God.



~Tozer on the Almighty God







A wonderful quote from an Amish man:



"If you admire our faith, strengthen yours. If you admire our sense of commitment, deepen yours. If you admire our community spirit, build your own. If you admire the simple life, cut back. If you admire deep character and enduring values, live them yourself."



AMEN :-D

Hello Blogging family

I hope April is treating you all well so far.

Husband and I are doing excellent!

My church had a revival March 28th - April 3rd. Bro. Paul Freed from PA was the guest speaker and wow, he was awesome!! I only got to attend 2 services. I was supposed to go to 4, but on one of the days, the front door was having issues and hubby wasn't home and well I couldn't leave the house. I just cried and cried because I didn't want to miss the service...lol.

The other time I was in the car and got to the next town over ours and turned the car around and went home. I was just so tired, so very tired and I knew it was going to be a long evening. I just didn't have the umph of energy I needed that day.

But the 2 evenings I did go, I am thankful for.

If we want a revival in Christianity, it must begin with us, ya know?

Last week we got a notice on our front door. It said: "Due to the recent break-ins in our area, please report any suspicious activity to the police". All I thought was 'not again!!!'. :-(

But now the police patrol the streets. Not every hour, but they have been going up and down the streets more now than I have ever seen.

Haven't these thieves ever head of the commandment 'Thou Shalt Not Steal'? Maybe I will print it off and tape it to our front door.

I recently listed some cape dresses and books on eBay. If you are interested my ID is: biblegirl1999.

We took about 5 bags of junk to Goodwill last week. Felt good. :-) Then yesterday, Robert brings home his bulletin from church and his church is collecting stuff for their rummage sale at the end of the month, so tomorrow I am going to find more stuff to give away.

I like feeling free of 'stuff'. :-)

Well just thought I would check in and say 'hey'. It's not that I don't have anything to blog about, I do, I am just so bored with the Internet, so I've been reading instead.

You all take care.

YAH BLESS YOU!!!!

~Dawn

6 comments:

trooppetrie said...

i found your site through melly and would like to ask you a few questions. nothing judgemental but as a army wife i think we may have some things in common. would you please e-mail me.
petrierobert@bellsouth.net
www.trooppetrie.blogspot.com

Kris said...

Hmm, it seems to be de-junking season everywhere!

IdahoAngie said...

we just took 4 van loads of stuff to the local youth ranch thrift store. And we are not done. Our luck has it that we were planning on doing our spring cleaning when the fire happened so when we got all our stuff back from the disaster clean up crew we started sorting the stuff we wanted from the stuff we didn't and we are almost done. HALLELUJAH!

I've been doing so much reading lately I am sick of it LOL. The class I am taking right now has me reading so much stuff my eyes are gonna fall out!

Glad to see you are doing well!

God bless,
Angie

Anonymous said...

i want that book on susannah!!!!!! hey - now you have an excuse to come visit me- to bring the book! lol

Patty said...

Did you get copies of the services that you missed on tape Dawn ?

Meghann said...

Hi Dawn!

I have been meaning to ask what city your church is in, if it is not too far, maybe we'll come to visit?

I'm glad to see you guys are doing well!

Love,
Meg