I recieved this in my inbox a few days ago. I thought it was a great piece of inspiration! I don't know who wrote it and tried to find an author, but alas, the attempts at that failed. I thought I would share anyway. :-P
Key Verse: “Go up to the mountain, and bring wood, and build the house; and I will take pleasure in it, and I will be glorified, saith the LORD.” Haggai 1:8
Many times when we are standing in the face of opposition, it is easy for us to lose sight of our goals and become discouraged. There is a tendency for us to lose interest because of the difficultly that we face. We focus so intently on the problem that we cannot see the bigger picture.
At these times we must remember that there is no victory in disobedience. God clearly tells us what brings him pleasure, or how we can please Him. God desires our obedience to His will.
The road to obedience is paved with repentance. We must recognize that we have gotten off track and lost our focus. We get back on track by putting God first.
Additionally, we must consider our ways regarding our relationship with him. Are we being subject to his purposes, or are we setting our own agenda? Have we allowed the cared of this life to leave our relationship with God in disarray? It is His desire to have fellowship with us.
Reaffirming our covenant with God, through repentance, brings us back into fellowship with Him. Once we have recommitted ourselves to His purpose, He will reawaken our spirit. As a God of action, He calls us to action, to work, to sacrifice. '
His reward for our obedience far out-weighs the cost to us. When was the last time you sacrificed for God? What have you given lately in order to draw closer to Him? It is easy for our walk with God to become a religious ritual. However, we must protect our walk and examine ourselves. We must check our focus (Matthew 6:33), our willingness to summit to Him, and eliminate the things in our lives which may be hindering us from the full glory of God. As we continue to rebuild our bodily temples, we can be assured that doing things God’s way will produce God’s results.
I hope everyone is doing well as this week is drawing to a close.
Hubby has a sore throat earlier this week and passed it to me. He still has it
Well that went away and now I have a stuffed up nose and a slight cough and am exhausted. But I am doing fine otherwise. :-) YAH is good!
We have an appointment in a week and a half to get our taxes done. We chose a private tax person instead of those big name corporations like Jackson Hewitt, Liberty, and H&R Block only because I researched the 3 of those fairly well not too long ago and was not impressed with what I found.
So, thanks to a fellow Blogger and friend, we are going to someone more hmmm...trustworthy and honest?
In the Army we always had ours done for free so as civilians now that luxuary is nonexistant. Oh well. :-)
Hubby's 30th birthday is coming up in a few days. We have plans..and I'll let ya'll know if we went with those plans or changed our minds last minute. Most likely everything will stay the same.
Well I am not up to chatting this evening, hopefully I can get some well needed rest tonight.
YAH bless and keep you ~
2 comments:
Why don't you just buy a copy of TurboTax and do your own taxes? TurboTax is very easy, the program walks you right thru every step. I can't imagine that you have very complicated taxes, it's not like you own your own business, etc.
We thought about doing that, but this tax season is much different than normally...so many papers and forms than our usual just 1. Hubby said that if we had just that 1 paper that I could have went ahead and did our taxes but because was have about 10 various papers / forms this year it was better to go ahead and have a professional do it. :)
Thank you though!
YAH Bless! :)
Post a Comment