Hey everyone!!! Hope all is calming down after the madness known as Christmas...and the day after... :-)
December 23rd, Robert and I went to Bravo's for dinner (it's this awesome, posh Italian place with decent prices, you should Google it and see if one is in your area because it is sooooo good), and then headed over to Lynn Creek Park to enjoy Prairie Lights. To know more about that go to http://www.prairielights.org/.
It was so neat! I didn't bring my camera as it's not good with night time pictures. It was $15 to get in but really worth it. They have it going till the 31st so we plan on going again before they shut it down and who knows, maybe I can get pictures. But till then just check out the link I provided. :-)
December 24th Robert and I opened each one gift. He opened Heroes Season 1 on DVD Box Set and I opened a box that contained 3 Amish style kapps in black, white, and navy from Michelle in Scotland (again, thank you Michelle!!! I wore my white kapp out today and loved it).
December 25th, I was in no hurry to open gifts so I let Robert sleep and I prayed over prayer requests.
When he did awake we made a mess of the living room. :-)
He got:
* 2 long sleeve tops (from me)
* 1 short sleeve top (from me)
* I pair of black pants (from me)
* a tin container of various nuts (from me)
* Hickory Farms gift set (from mom)
* an electronical thesauraus / dictionary translator for college (from mom)
*DVD Camcorder (from me)
*wallet (from me)
*a Titanium Rubix Cube (from mom...and really fun to play!)
* Foot Locker gift card (from mom)
I got:
* 2 small Christmas musical, animated ornaments (from mom)
*Christmas musical box (from mom)
*M&M's (from hubby)
*brownie mix in a jar (from hubby)
* Chilli's gift card (from mom)
*bag of tealight candles (from hubby)
* tin candle (from hubby)
* fuzzy socks (from mom)
*cooling laptop stand for when my laptop heats up (from hubby)
* Andes mints (from hubby)
*Santa figurine (from mom)
*flannel sheets (from mom)
* large musical animated Christmas thing (from mom)
Thanks Mommy!!! :-)
We found our turkey at Target for under $8! That's the cheapest we ever had a turkey. Also had mashed potatoes, corn, rolls, stuffing and gravy.
We stayed in our jammies all Christmas day and just enjoyed not doing much. Well I still had to do dishes and laundry, and well you know, wifely chores never get to take a day off. :-)
No, we didn't join the madness today with all the after Christmas sales. There was no need too. But we did go to lunch at Chilli's and it was gooooood!
Then Robert went to 2 places as they were hiring...one place, there was no one there and the other only wanted expierenced cooks.
We fueled up the car (took $15.81 to fill it up today...gas is $1.41 here), went to Sonic to get a bag of crushed ice and came home and since then I have been running around getting dinner done and laundry folded and all this other stuff.
I look forward to relaxing tonight with Yahweh's Word. I am so excited for what He is teaching me! There are always precious gems to be picked up when reading the Holy Bible.
Oh, I added a button at the top of my blog in case any of you are looking for a Yahoo group to join. We are small and close knit and are there for one another. If you are needing some fellowship or want to learn more about the Sabbath, headcovering, homeschooling, being a God fearing wife, Biblical holidays, or just need some plain 'ol encouragement, then join us. It doesn't matter what denomination you are. It doesn't matter if you wear pants or dresses, make-up or no make-up, ect. This is a non judging group. :-)
Well hubby wants his laptop back so I must go. I do have my laptop and it works fine but I still have to re download everything and haven't done it yet, so I had to use hubby's to put the pictures up. :-P
Yahweh bless and keep you,
Dawn
13 comments:
What a grand day it was for you both. I am so glad that you shared your moments with us. I am a H-U-G-E Gooseberry Patch fan & cookbook collector. I know you will enjoy adding this treasure to your collection.
A bread machine...wow! That is an awesome gift. I can't wait to see what kind of bread you bake up first.
Sounds like you both got lots of great gifts. Merry after CHRISTmas to you both!
We did go out today shopping per sea...hubby needed to go to Home Depot and while there I picked up 4 plastic totes w/ lids to store our CHRISTmas decor in. At $3.44 each, I thought it was a good price to help keep things organized. This weekend I imagine we will work on getting the decorations taken down and star putting the house back in order. Oh how I love to decorate for CHRISTmas, but boy howdy do I love having the house back in it's normal setting.
~blessings
I am a big Gooseberry Patch girl too and so when my whole cookbook collection got lost in Germany with the movers I was crushed, but I am slowly building it back up. :)
The book that's in the picture, I already have, but Nancy didn't know, so I told her I would offer it as a blog giveaway pretty soon. She didn't mind. :-)
I am so ready to rip down the decorations. Ugh.., like you, I want my home sweet home back already. :-)
Blessings!
sounds like a very good christmas for you and Robert
We had to go to wal-mart the day after Christmas. I needed one more box for packing up stuff.
I already have everything down and put up. The clutter starts to take over the house. I'm calm till Christmas. Then it must come down. LOL
So glad you had a nice time.
God Bless
I can't see any of your pictures??? Why... oh, I do want to see your pictures :)
Happy that you and your beloved had such a happy day!
Sounds like you had a very nice week! Do enjoy your bread maker! How neat that you were able to get one as a gift!
Have a blessed weekend!
Oh goodness, Dawn --- I never put two and two together and paid attention that you are on that Yahoo group! I am too, for all the posts I make you'd never know, though.
It's been a wonderful learning time for me and I've been very blessed by it.
Enjoy your bread machine. I had one years ago, but we just too large a family for one now ;o) And the cooling pad for your laptop -- tell me what you think of it. I have a notebook computer and I do notice it tends to get a bit warm. I wonder if I need one or not.
Have a wonderful new year!
Deanna
Glad you guys had a great first Christmas in your home.
It sounds like you had a blessed Christmas. We love Gooseberry Patch at our house. I was recently in Gordman's (I am not sure if the chain is in Texas--it is a "half-price" store) and I found some Gooseberry ornaments for around 1.50 each on sale. They are so cute! They look like sugar cookies with cookie cutters attached. Truly darling!
Blessings,
Sarah
Well it seems that you both enjoyed your Christmas together. May you have many more. I also hope your husband is able to find a job soon. I sure after the new year when things cool down he'll be able to find something.
God Bless,
Christine
Dawn, your Christmas tree looks really lovely.
Catholics have the custom of taking down the Christmas tree and Christmas decorations on or after the 6th of January. On that day we celebrate the feast of the Epiphany - the time when the Magi came to visit Jesus, Mary and Joseph and give Him the gifts of gold, frankinsence and myrrh. Some orthodox Catholics give the Christmas gifts on 6 January.
I had that same breadmaker! It's great for mixing up dough for rolls, pizza crust, pretzels...
Sounds like you had a lovely time celebrating with your beloved. I know you're going to enjoy that Gooseberry book. They're my favorites!
Wishing you joy & happiness during this coming year,
Lea
Post a Comment