BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Perseverance - don't give up!


Lord, my spirit is willing, But my flesh is so weak;
God, every day I cry out to you, Yet I don’t hear you speak.
I’ve been beaten so many times.
You know what I’ve been through; I can’t overcome this giant. Yet it’s the only thing I must do.
I fought this trial too many times. I used all the strength in me; Yet I lost in every battle, And once again I’m not free.
Lord, I’m tempted to just call it quits, And lay here on the ground; I will let the giant win again. I have fought too many rounds.
As I am now at my lowest, Tears flow down my cheeks; I cry out to God again,“Jesus, I am just too weak!” Suddenly I felt my body being lifted up by my Lord; He helped me back on my feet,
And said, “Lets do this once more.” I stood up to that giant, And fought as hard as I could;He used old tactics to make me give up. Yet he only thought I would. I was determined to not back down. I had been here long enough; It’s not the number of times I get hit. It’s the number of times I get up.
~Jennifer Kulp

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

How beautiful, I needed that at this very moment!! Blessings to you!!

Jennifer

Sarah said...

Thanks for sharing, Dawn! It is so true! God bless you!